6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Nice Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 08:28 PM
grinnergetter
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice Upgrade

F150CC to this.

I miss cupholders in the doors, a change holder on the far side rather than front side. Actually that whole tray in the console should be able to slide from side to side. I'll get used to it but I've only got 600 miles on it so far.

Like's...Now I can get any old Ford from anywhere I want! Heck, I can get 2 at a time. I can fuel up behind the barn! Love the blind spot mirrors! Pretty sure I feel tougher driving it.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:29 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ahhh yes. I remember when I first got a 6.7. Take some time to experiment with the smoothest and strongest way to get the torque on the ground. The feel of powah comes best when you work the throttle and gears a certain way, don't just floor it.

Have fun.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:36 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by grinnergetter
F150CC to this.

I miss cupholders in the doors, a change holder on the far side rather than front side. Actually that whole tray in the console should be able to slide from side to side. I'll get used to it but I've only got 600 miles on it so far.

Like's...Now I can get any old Ford from anywhere I want! Heck, I can get 2 at a time. I can fuel up behind the barn! Love the blind spot mirrors! Pretty sure I feel tougher driving it.
Nice. Welcome to the Superduty family!

Old 10-03-2015, 07:08 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,419 Likes on 1,014 Posts
Very nice indeed! I too remember when I bought my first one. Some of the same comments about loosing a few items, but gaining a lot in other areas. Watch that fuel source behind the barn. Make sure it is clean and no water. The high pressure fuel pump is lubricated with the fuel and water will make it grenade.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:02 AM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
I can fuel up behind the barn!
Nice looking truck, we don't see enough silver ones...

Has anyone here ever been busted or even been checked by the cops to see if they have the correct fuel in their trucks? I certainly drive fast enough on the freeways (7+ miles over) and have not been pulled over in 30 years. Would the police even check if I came in contact with them? Anyone ever been checked?

Have fun with the beast. This isn't no F150...

Bruce...

Old 10-03-2015, 08:19 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice truck. congrats.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
Bruce,
I've seen that rodeo/fairgrounds dipping the tanks of rigs pulling horse trailers. I've also seen them checking the tanks of construction trucks that have extra tanks for hauling diesel for construction equipment. I guess it's not a big stretch of the imagination to think of somebody with a tank of red in the bed, topping off his main tank after filling the back hoe.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:06 AM
BIGTRUCKBIGRV
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice truck! Now go pull something heavy and dangerous!

Old 10-03-2015, 12:12 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
That is a nice upgrade. Find something heavy to tow and take it for a drive. On the fuel, as others said, you always want to get it from quality high volume stations and you'll be fine. A bit of water from fuel that doesn't get turned over and these fuel systems do not mix. Beyond that, it's just the maintenance (which is easy) and more driving.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:15 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
Bruce,
I've seen that rodeo/fairgrounds dipping the tanks of rigs pulling horse trailers. I've also seen them checking the tanks of construction trucks that have extra tanks for hauling diesel for construction equipment. I guess it's not a big stretch of the imagination to think of somebody with a tank of red in the bed, topping off his main tank after filling the back hoe.
I was at a gas station a week or so back where both types were available. In my area, I've never seen this before. Wondered how many people would use the wrong one and what the chances of ever getting checked was. I wouldn't do it but I would guess that plenty of others might. Especially those where the wrong fuel is more convenient and cheaper for them.

Old 10-03-2015, 03:52 PM
chadjones99
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
unless you have a commercial tag.. I would tell them to get a warrant. that being said I would not run red fuel either

Old 10-04-2015, 06:22 AM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
If you run red fuel. Then have warranty work needed on engine. They can deny claim. The red dye stays in system a very long time as it stains everything in fuel system. Gaskets, pumps etc.
Very nice truck

Found info on pg 16 of diesel owners manual. It is a warning about dyed fuel use.

Old 10-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
I doubt they can deny warranty work over red fuel. Red Fuel is Off Highway fuel and doesn't pay highway taxes. Nothing says I can't run red fuel on a private ranch or farm. Just can't run it on public roads.

Red Fuel is still Ultra Low Sulfur diesel, just like you run on the hiway. Just colored to mark that no taxes were collected.

Now I can understand a warranty shop taking a closer look at the problem to see if water from a Farm tank holding red fuel caused the problem.

Old 10-04-2015, 11:05 AM
tracyclifton
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150CC to this.

I hate the tray in the console. I wish I had the change holder from my 2004.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:03 PM
grinnergetter
Cargo Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks everyone....last time I bought fuel it was road so I'm good. I bought a pump so I can switch from gravity to "speedy fill up". I need fuel for the JD anyhow so might as well use what I have.

Went looking for the upfitter switch wires and was surprised to find about 20 wires hanging under the dash. Need more research on that one. Planning on finding the exhaust sensors with a big ole can of anti seize this week.

Anything else? Or maybe we have a "do this first" thread in this section?

Quick Reply: Nice Upgrade