Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 f250 won't start! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 09:54 PM
Desireg
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 f250 won't start! Help!

It won't start it turns over but won't fire up. I have changed ignition module, fuel filter, and coil. And still it won't fire up, I don't have the key fob as it was an as is sale. Could the antitheft cause this problem or could it be a sensor I am at a loss as to what is causing it its dual tank so I don't believe it is the fuel pump. Please someone help me I need this truck for work. It ran fine when I bought it. It just wouldn't start one night after work thought I got it fixed with the coil and ignition module but after I ran it it died and wouldn't start for 20 mins then fired up and now it won't start at all like there is no fire.

Old 09-18-2015, 10:27 PM
camparishdy
New User
The first thing you need to do is check and see if its a fuel pressure problem, a spark problem, or an anti-theft problem.
Try resetting your Anti-Theft try disconnecting the battery, wait approx. 10 min, put the key in the ignition turn to the on position and then connect the battery. If turns on then your problem should be solved for the time being.
To check spark, you will an inline spark tester. This type of tester hooks in between the spark plug wire and the spark plug. Then you just try to start the engine and see if the tester lights. Make sure the right wires are going to the proper position on your Coil, before you check to see if your getting a spark.
Check the fuel pump by either, turning the ignition to the on position while listening to hear if the fuel pump engages, if you hear the pump engage then you should get a fuel pressure tester and see where your pressure is.
You should be able to narrow the problem down if not identify your problem

Last edited by camparishdy; 09-18-2015 at 10:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 09-19-2015, 09:09 AM
subford
Fleet Owner
Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts
Sounds like a bad PIP sensor but could also be a bad PCM.
When you have no spark (fire) remove the SPOUT jumper and see if spark returns.

If no spark unplug the PCM and if still no spark when it cranks it is more than likely the PIP sensor.
If it is the PIP sensor you will have to replace the stater in the distributor or replace the distributor.

No fuel pressure or the fuel pumps not running will not stop the engine from getting spark. The selected fuel pump should run for one second and quit each time the key is turned on. If they do you will know you have power going to the ignition coil.
But if the fuel pumps run for more than 1-2 seconds or if they run all the time the key is on with the engine not running the PCM is more than likely bad.

If you replaced the ICM (Ignition Control Module) with a Gray ICM put your old Black one back on as the Gray ICM is the wrong one for your truck.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Desireg
New User
Originally Posted by subford
Sounds like a bad PIP sensor but could also be a bad PCM.
When you have no spark (fire) remove the SPOUT jumper and see if spark returns.

If no spark unplug the PCM and if still no spark when it cranks it is more than likely the PIP sensor.
If it is the PIP sensor you will have to replace the stater in the distributor or replace the distributor.

No fuel pressure or the fuel pumps not running will not stop the engine from getting spark. The selected fuel pump should run for one second and quit each time the key is turned on. If they do you will know you have power going to the ignition coil.
But if the fuel pumps run for more than 1-2 seconds or if they run all the time the key is on with the engine not running the PCM is more than likely bad.

If you replaced the ICM (Ignition Control Module) with a Gray ICM put your old Black one back on as the Gray ICM is the wrong one for your truck.
So I checked the power today I have power to the module and the coil and the ignition switch so I'm thinking it's the PIP as its still not firing and there is no spark