September Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 09:08 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
September Chat Thread

Hey everyone,
Another new month is upon us. I have been pretty busy lately that I lost track of time. Last months chat was probably on of the best with responses in as long as I can remember. I hope to get some free time soon to do some work on the Lightning and the 79. Time flies by here in the states when it seemed to drag on forever in Afghanistan. The the good thing in working so hard around here is I have lost 25 lbs!!!

Old 09-03-2015, 08:28 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I glad we are starting to get some cooler temps. I finally get to put the turbo on this month

Old 09-03-2015, 10:58 AM
hturner12
Postmaster
But in a month you get to go back to your real job to rest

Old 09-04-2015, 06:05 AM
GTFun06
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy September my Georgia brethren! And almost Labor Day! Yes, I agree...last month August thread was great!

Well I bought a steering wheel from a Navigator on eBay about a month ago... finally went to O'Reilly's and rented a puller. So I put the new wheel in... I love the wood grain. If you look at the old wheel picture, you can see the color of my seats... the new Navi wheel looks like a perfect match! Along the edges of the wood (where it meets the vinyl or rubber) I need to put a little wood paint just to finish it off.

I also replaced my front bump stops (from RockAuto) as I found a nasty old rotten one sitting in the driveway when my wife pulled out last week. When she got back...I crawled up under and found I had neither bump stops on either side. So I got a pair of Dormans.

That is it so far for September.

Attached Images   
Old 09-04-2015, 06:57 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
The crocks are a perfect match too....

Old 09-04-2015, 05:24 PM
GTFun06
Senior User
Haha...I didn't plan that...but yes they are.

Everyone have a safe and enjoyable long Labor Day weekend!

Old 09-04-2015, 06:45 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
To much hair on the leg for me. Well project turbo install has started. Yesterday fixed the passenger window motor, replaced the glowplugs. Today was relocate the glowplug relay and put the door panel 9 with the right fasterners. If anybody needs them. They are the plastic one that clip in the panel. I found them on Amazon 4.95(prime price) for 25.

Old 09-04-2015, 07:28 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
AND THE POOL IS DONE!!! Just in time for winter... It fought me the whole way but I finally won. No way I am going to make it to the Caffeine and Octane tomorrow.

There is a funky plastic line that goes from the pump top the filter, look old and worn. I was heading into town to get some PVC glue and figured I would go ahead and get a new line. 5 bucks what a deal!!! I get home and start to install it on the pump and the fitting breaks. I live in the country so it is 20 minutes to go back into town and get 2 new fitting, I replaced both fittings so it would not happen again on the filter side.

I can say that is one thing I am NEVER doing again. If it wasn't for my daughter I probably would not have fixed it.

Tomorrow I am going to see if I can jump off the 79 and get it at least running to keep things lubed up. Also jump off the motorhome. I am getting closer and closer to being able to do a little work on the lightning.

Old 09-06-2015, 03:51 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ChiefM
AND THE POOL IS DONE!!! Just in time for winter... It fought me the whole way but I finally won. No way I am going to make it to the Caffeine and Octane tomorrow.

There is a funky plastic line that goes from the pump top the filter, look old and worn. I was heading into town to get some PVC glue and figured I would go ahead and get a new line. 5 bucks what a deal!!! I get home and start to install it on the pump and the fitting breaks. I live in the country so it is 20 minutes to go back into town and get 2 new fitting, I replaced both fittings so it would not happen again on the filter side.

I can say that is one thing I am NEVER doing again. If it wasn't for my daughter I probably would not have fixed it.

Tomorrow I am going to see if I can jump off the 79 and get it at least running to keep things lubed up. Also jump off the motorhome. I am getting closer and closer to being able to do a little work on the lightning.
Does she use it or just lay out by it? When we had our and our moved back she mostly just laid out by it.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:53 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Hope everyone had a good Labor day

Old 09-07-2015, 08:04 PM
yankbs 66f100
Elder User
Can't complain about today. Worked on the truck, got the bed floor section welded in, and partially ground down.

Also drilled the rusted frame behind the cab to look like swiss cheese, and clamped in the repair piece from the donor frame.

Will be busy the next few weekends, so this will have to wait. Hope everyone has a good week.

Old 09-09-2015, 06:20 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Go most of the parts for the turbo. Had to take the turbo itself to a machine shop to get a broken bolt out. Wrapped all the pipes. That stuff is not cheap.

Old 09-11-2015, 08:25 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey guys I am still here. I took a few days off from working around the house to spend some time with the wife and daughter. We all swam in the pool and did some BBQing!! I filled up the hot tub and got it going, then it blew a fuse, 20 bucks later I have it going again. Took the daughter to get her learners drivers permit and she missed it by one question. Still have not gotten around to the motorhome or the lightning. Wife has to run back down to Florida for a few days so I will probably mess with them then. I am ready to get a little greasy.

I got all my Army gear together that I have to turn back in to the state of Georgia. I bought the wife a glider rocker to rock the baby in. Trying to get stuff organized so I can turn the computer room into a baby's room. Why does there always seem to be more to do than time to do it?

Old 09-11-2015, 07:30 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
Did more work on project turbo today. Got all the 2.5 in exhaust out. Hung the 4in tailpipe and muffler.

New and old

Old 09-12-2015, 08:59 PM
hturner12
Postmaster
[QUOTE=I got all my Army gear together that I have to turn back in to the state of Georgia. I bought the wife a glider rocker to rock the baby in. Trying to get stuff organized so I can turn the computer room into a baby's room. Why does there always seem to be more to do than time to do it?[/QUOTE]

Are you Guard on active duty?

Quick Reply: September Chat Thread