1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BC3Z-15200-BA XLT Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 10:34 PM
gustrider4
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
BC3Z-15200-BA XLT Fog Lights

I have been looking around and ford offers a fog light setup if you dont already have them. One available for XL model and XLT model. I have the XLT, and I have been reading around. The kit offers everything with the switch and also gives you "auto-lamp" feature. People have said that they have to get the dealership to program the computer for this feature. Can anybody shed some light on that. I have a 2015 F350 XLT, 6.2 gas. The part number is BC3Z-15200-BA. Offered right on fords website. But fords site doesnt say much about the product. Other sites like A1 Auto give a more product detail. Thanks

Old 07-19-2015, 12:30 AM
JoeyCap
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wouldn't you need the light sensor as well to have the auto lamps work?

Old 07-19-2015, 05:51 AM
gustrider4
Senior User
Yes. Forgot to mention that it is also included in the kit

Old 07-19-2015, 06:29 AM
NYCruiser
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I added the Ford factory fog lights to my XL. Here is the deal:
The XL and XLT have different BCM's (body control modules).
The XL fog light kit is more expensive because it includes a BCM upgrade that allows you to have fogs and auto headlights.
The XL BCM does not allow these features.
If you need to upgrade the BCM, it is a dealer job because the truck requires a flash once the BCM is changed or the truck will not start again once you remove the old one.

If you have an XL truck with the "Power Equipment Group" that includes power windows and locks, then you already have the XLT BCM and you can use the XLT fog light kit.
This was my situation, luckily.

XLT trucks; and XL trucks with the power equipment group option, i.e. Power windows, doorlocks, mirrors; can buy and install the XLT fog light kit. Took me about45 minutes in my driveway to hang the fog lights, install the plug & play harness for them under the bumper, change the headlight switch, and install the light sensor on the dash. All the wires were exactly where I expected to find them, including the light sensor wire. Pop the cap on the dash with a small screwdriver and the light sensor wire is plugged into the bottom of the cap. Just move it to the sensor included in the kit and pop it back in.

Once it is all installed the headlights and fog lights work fine. The auto function just turns the lights on and doesn't recognize the sensor for auto function until the dealer flashes the truck and tells it that the sensor is there.

I still haven't had the truck flashed for that, but I will when I eventually have the truck back at the dealership. Not looking to make a special trip for it.

Hope that helps.

PS - the part number you have for the XLT kit is correct. I bought my kit from an ebay seller that beat my local dealer's price, so shop around.

Old 07-19-2015, 02:16 PM
gustrider4
Senior User
Originally Posted by NYCruiser
I added the Ford factory fog lights to my XL. Here is the deal:
The XL and XLT have different BCM's (body control modules).
The XL fog light kit is more expensive because it includes a BCM upgrade that allows you to have fogs and auto headlights.
The XL BCM does not allow these features.
If you need to upgrade the BCM, it is a dealer job because the truck requires a flash once the BCM is changed or the truck will not start again once you remove the old one.

If you have an XL truck with the "Power Equipment Group" that includes power windows and locks, then you already have the XLT BCM and you can use the XLT fog light kit.
This was my situation, luckily.

XLT trucks can buy and install the XLT fog light kit. Took me about45 minutes in my driveway to hang the fog lights, install the plug & play harness for them under the bumper, change the headlight switch, and install the light sensor on the dash. All the wires were exactly where I expected to find them, including the light sensor wire. Pop the cap on the dash with a small screwdriver and the light sensor wire is plugged into the bottom of the cap. Just move it to the sensor included in the kit and pop it back in.

Once it is all installed the headlights and fog lights work fine. The auto function just turns the lights on and doesn't recognize the sensor for auto function until the dealer flashes the truck and tells it that the sensor is there.

I still haven't had the truck flashed for that, but I will when I eventually have the truck back at the dealership. Not looking to make a special trip for it.

Hope that helps.

PS - the part number you have for the XLT kit is correct. I bought my kit from an ebay seller that beat my local dealer's price, so shop around.
Thanks for your help. I probably will get it on ebay or something.

Old 07-20-2015, 12:33 PM
thomabb
Cargo Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BC3Z-15200-BA is a Ford service part number. The cross reference to the engineering part number is BC3J-19B532-BC5YGY. Both part numbers are for the same kit. Sometimes it is easier to search EBay and auto parts websites for the engineering part number. Happy hunting.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:24 PM
gustrider4
Senior User
I found a kit for $178 on ebay!

Old 07-22-2015, 08:39 PM
MB49Caddy
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a personal issue of mine. I have a 2015 XL and I wanted fog lights and everyone at the dealer and even the aftermarket guys said that I couldn't use Factory fog lamps because Ford did not supply the parts to so so with the XL ................sooo,

Can you guys explain to me again what part numbers I need and will they fit in the standard fog light fitment positions? I do have power everything and still have four aux switches available if they are needed.

It appears you are saying I can use the BC3Z-15200-BA is that correct?

Thanks,
Matt

Old 07-22-2015, 09:38 PM
gustrider4
Senior User
yep, if you got the power equipment group, your good

Old 07-22-2015, 09:57 PM
NYCruiser
Senior User
Originally Posted by MB49Caddy
This is a personal issue of mine. I have a 2015 XL and I wanted fog lights and everyone at the dealer and even the aftermarket guys said that I couldn't use Factory fog lamps because Ford did not supply the parts to so so with the XL ................sooo,

Can you guys explain to me again what part numbers I need and will they fit in the standard fog light fitment positions? I do have power everything and still have four aux switches available if they are needed.

It appears you are saying I can use the BC3Z-15200-BA is that correct?

Thanks,
Matt
Yes. You can add factory fogs in the front bumper and they will operate exactly like they came from the factory. Order the XLT kit for your truck (which is the part number you cited). The kit will come with everything you need, including a new headlight switch that you pull out to turn on the new fogs. The headlight switch just pops out of the dash and move the plug on it to the new switch and pop back in. I edited my original post up top in red to make it clearer. I did exactly what you want to do.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:40 AM
MB49Caddy
Mountain Pass
The plot thickens. The parts guy at the local stealer (who sounds like a great guy) now says that Ford not only has the XLT kit that you are discussing but an XL kit (which appears the same in the photo -even the pictures look the same) but it is $315 instead of the XLT kit that is $214.

He of course has to recommend that I should get the XL kit, but I don't know what the difference in the two kits is...does anyone know?

The dealer I bought it from and the aftermarket guys I have been using to install parts said it was a mounting issue on the XL bumper....thoughts? Does the XLT kit come with different brackets? They both have the new switch.

Thanks.
MB

Old 07-24-2015, 12:37 PM
Misky6.0
Lead Driver
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Based on what was posted earlier in this thread.... RE-read post #4

IF you have an XL but WITH Power windows/door locks you CAN just get the XLT kit.

The XL w/OUT Power windows/door locks doesn't have the correct BCM, so you get a NEW BCM with the XL kit - that is why it costs more....

Old 07-24-2015, 05:59 PM
51 ashton
New User
I was hopeful when i saw this post early yesterday since i have the power window/locks group. I saw the dealer last night and gave him the xlt part number and read him this post. He just sent me this "That part number is for an XLT truck...not an XL. My parts guy showed my a print out after he contacted Ford with your VIN #. It states that there is nothing that will work for that VIN at this time and to check back at a later date." The parts manager gave me a print out from ford stating" the xl fog light kit is only compatable with vehicles built before 8/12/14. A new kit compatible with vehicles built after 8/12/14 to be released mid to late 2nd qtr."

Old 07-25-2015, 07:48 AM
NYCruiser
Senior User
My XL with Power Equipment Group was built in October 2014 and the XLT kit worked just fine.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:01 PM
MB49Caddy
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by 51 ashton
I was hopeful when i saw this post early yesterday since i have the power window/locks group. I saw the dealer last night and gave him the xlt part number and read him this post. He just sent me this "That part number is for an XLT truck...not an XL. My parts guy showed my a print out after he contacted Ford with your VIN #. It states that there is nothing that will work for that VIN at this time and to check back at a later date." The parts manager gave me a print out from ford stating" the xl fog light kit is only compatable with vehicles built before 8/12/14. A new kit compatible with vehicles built after 8/12/14 to be released mid to late 2nd qtr."
That is what they told me at the dealer where I purchased my truck. So not sure what to do here.
My best course of action may be to try to order the XLT kit, but not sure the dealer will install it if they don't feel like they can cover it under warranty with my build date which I will confirm but I believe is after 8/14.

Quick Reply: BC3Z-15200-BA XLT Fog Lights