Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

Major incentives forthcoming???

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 01:20 PM
ArtsBest
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Major incentives forthcoming???

Being reported by Auto News. I am surprised but never shocked by this news in the auto world. Toyota is doing very well even.

Old 07-16-2015, 01:23 PM
ArtsBest
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 07-16-2015, 02:43 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Might take more than $10,000 after word gets around of all the problems we are having.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ford does alot of rebates that are specific to people or situations. Military, college, competitive lease, personal Ford offers, etc. So max rebates can reach $10k, but it's unlikely currently for you or I. Also, when these numbers are reported it often also included regional package discounts. Buying a truck outside your region does NOT make you eligible for the discounts of the other region, just FYI. These are the discounts you likely see on the window sticker, it's real money, and you save it, but most people don't like starting at "high MSRP" when taking off discounts. From what I heard though, rebates will start getting impressive.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:43 PM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by Frantz
Ford does alot of rebates that are specific to people or situations. Military, college, competitive lease, personal Ford offers, etc. So max rebates can reach $10k, but it's unlikely currently for you or I. Also, when these numbers are reported it often also included regional package discounts. Buying a truck outside your region does NOT make you eligible for the discounts of the other region, just FYI. These are the discounts you likely see on the window sticker, it's real money, and you save it, but most people don't like starting at "high MSRP" when taking off discounts. From what I heard though, rebates will start getting impressive.
Well looking at it from the MSRP price I did save $10,000.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:52 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by rmccbride
Might take more than $10,000 after word gets around of all the problems we are having.
I'm not sure what problems you mean. I haven't seen a rash of them on any particular issue, other than the air conditioned seats. What have I missed?

Old 07-16-2015, 06:02 PM
Frantz
Postmaster
Well looking at it from the MSRP price I did save $10,000.
I'm not saying you can't the rebates have gotten much stronger. More than likely you also are including dealership contribution to that as well though. In dealer speak "incentive" is money from Ford. Obviously to the customer, incentive is also money from dealer, but we don't ever think of it that way.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:23 PM
xr7gt390
Cargo Master
Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts
The rebates are for specific models in specific areas of the country. Those are also the maximum rebates you may not qualify for all of them. The title of the article is very misleading.

Old 07-17-2015, 12:17 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
I'm not sure what problems you mean. I haven't seen a rash of them on any particular issue, other than the air conditioned seats. What have I missed?
ACC slamming on the brakes when passing a simitruck, clunking when transmission is down shifting from 5th to 4th, parts falling off moonroof, tailgate step not popping out when button is pressed, strange vibration from drivetrain.
Are what I have or have heard about.

Makes me so worried/mad when I drive my back sweats even with my air conditioned seat on high!!

Old 07-17-2015, 06:30 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
You should never research any car you drive if a few people having problems makes your worried and mad. Heck, you own a Triumph... you should be familiar with cars that you have to either push out of the garage to get started or back in because they stalled! Not to mention the Jag.....

Old 07-17-2015, 06:58 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
You should never research any car you drive if a few people having problems makes your worried and mad. Heck, you own a Triumph... you should be familiar with cars that you have to either push out of the garage to get started or back in because they stalled! Not to mention the Jag.....
Amen! You can always find people who are having problems. That's why they get on the internet - to find out if others are having the same problem and to tell everyone how bad it is.

If I couldn't buy things with "problems" I wouldn't buy anything. Just go look at the customer reviews on Amazon. Things I've purchased and love always have someone who hates it. Of course, Amazon has sold millions of them and only 100 have reported, and of those only 10 had problems. That's why the star rating is important. Not the number of problems but the percentage. But on here we don't have star ratings, just the individual issues, and that blows them out of proportion.

Old 07-17-2015, 08:43 AM
rmccbride
Tuned
In my case while true they don't get driven near as much as my trucks do or have near the technology. They have never had to be towed home (2002 F150) four times, never spent the night at the dealer unlike my new $57,000 MSRP F150. Which looks like is going to need a few more trips to the dealer.

But I guess you sort of missed the (what I thought was a clever) way of saying my seats don't cool my back!

Old 07-17-2015, 09:02 AM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 441 Likes on 323 Posts
Doesn't seem like the incentives are any larger than normal for this time of year. Possibly even a little less than the last couple of years.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:03 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...oreUserAgent=1
I also seen a segment on Fox Business and a couple of the other business networks.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
But I guess you sort of missed the (what I thought was a clever) way of saying my seats don't cool my back!
No I did like that. My brother used to have a 67 spitfire and I used to joke that I wouldn't drive it without a Snickers cause there was a good chance I wasn't going anywhere. Perceptions of problems are often worse than the problems themselves. Ask me how I know... I am a AMC fan.

Quick Reply: Major incentives forthcoming???