Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

May BS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:33 AM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Kyle what concrete company was that? My friend drives for builders in manchester and their trucks look like that

Old 05-14-2015, 09:31 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Good morning everyone.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:51 AM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning guys.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.
I will be camping out with the scouts at the CT Jamboree in Orange.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:10 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Morning.

Andy, Saturday may be a little wet but scouts like being out camping no matter what.

See that is the difference between going OUT CAMPING and me going to the CAMP.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.

Old 05-16-2015, 06:00 AM
rocdril
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need more rain for my lawn, just not on the weekend. Doesnt look like we are getting much anyways

Old 05-16-2015, 12:32 PM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning.

A few sprinkles this morning. That was all. So now cooking for the 2 pm feeding.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:01 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by acf6
Kyle what concrete company was that? My friend drives for builders in manchester and their trucks look like that
Miles, I'm not sure, I don't think they were from manchester though, I'll have to find out!

Originally Posted by rocdril
Awesome pics Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks haha!

Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck
Good morning guys.

Kyle that does not look like the guys were having a good day.
Not at all!

Originally Posted by Nice Work Truck
I am surprised that in land wet land let them build that road in the swamp.
I asked them about it, apparently it was an old existing logging road from the 30's or sometime frame like that, and it was on the deed and map so he was able to build it up because it was already there.

Originally Posted by Tom
Good morning everyone.

Wow Kyle, that's quite a situation those guys go themselves in. It was a big mistake for one truck to try and pull out the other, that could have ended up with a rollover or worse.

I'm glad they didn't roll!

Originally Posted by jthorngate3
Wonder how they managed to get them out. That's a lot of weight on extremely unstable ground.
The truck that came to assist was pulled out by an excavator that was up on the job site, the truck off in the swamp was then able to empty it's concrete and then a wrecker winched it out.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:34 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Morning on this nice Sunday morning.

Thankfully they got the cement out before it hardened. Jack hammering in that would be painful.

Dogs are frisky this morning, I'm guessing that the temp is just right for them.

The big diet starts tomorrow and I will be eating rabbit food from this point on. I'm tipping the scales at 282 on Friday and doc says it has to go. 1200 calories per day. A couple bags of lettuce, a chicken breast, 3 fruit, 12 almonds, a weight watcher ice cream bar, and no surgery drinks. basically water. Paybacks a b****.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:23 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Good morning everyone.

You'll get there John, and it's good that you take your health seriously. Far too many people don't! Back in high school I was over 230 lbs when I decided I wanted to join the Army. Completely changed my eating habits and started working out and haven't been the same since. 12 years later I'm at 155 lbs.

Your body will start adjusting quickly and you won't be craving for long.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:12 AM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm pretty content at my 220lbs.

Yesterday was a rough day. I put my 12yo St. Bernard down. It was a hard decision to make, but for the last year I could walk him much more than 5 minutes before he would start to struggle walking. Recently I have been having to pick him up to go outside. The decision was fully validated when I had to carry him into the hospital because he couldn't walk up the ramp.

I was supposed to be meeting with a guy this morning to look at the truck, but it seems as though he bailed. I put the truck up on craigslist to see if it would go, but I'm really not in a rush to part with it. It's a nice truck, just don't have the connection I did with the 86. Makes it harder to spend money and time on it. If it doesn't sell I will continue picking away at it and see what it turns into.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:19 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Really sorry about the dog Josiah, that's a tough thing to go through. 12 years is older than usual for a St. Bernard though, sounds like you gave him a good life.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:10 AM
gbroehl1
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 05-17-2015, 02:46 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Sorry to hear about your dog Josiah, it's such a hard thing to do to say goodbye to your pets, they are members of the family.

Old 05-18-2015, 04:27 AM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good morning guys.

Josiah I am sorry about your dog.

We had a good Jamboree just a little wet. They had about 3000 scouts campout and another 1000 or so day visitors.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:34 AM
rocdril
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jthorngate3
I'm pretty content at my 220lbs.

Yesterday was a rough day. I put my 12yo St. Bernard down. It was a hard decision to make, but for the last year I could walk him much more than 5 minutes before he would start to struggle walking. Recently I have been having to pick him up to go outside. The decision was fully validated when I had to carry him into the hospital because he couldn't walk up the ramp.

I was supposed to be meeting with a guy this morning to look at the truck, but it seems as though he bailed. I put the truck up on craigslist to see if it would go, but I'm really not in a rush to part with it. It's a nice truck, just don't have the connection I did with the 86. Makes it harder to spend money and time on it. If it doesn't sell I will continue picking away at it and see what it turns into.

I feel your pain, We had to put one of ours down last Tuesday. She made it to 15. Same thing, couldnt walk or get up anymore.

Quick Reply: May BS