Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Service Engine Light at Acceleration Only

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:19 AM
akmikek
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you replace any injectors before your SES light started going on? I have a couple AE logs that I want to try to download as attachments if I can figure it out.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:35 PM
akmikek
Senior User
Diesel 724 and White Buffalo. I have the DP-Tuner F5 with no stock setting. I replaced the CPS recently. I have a data log of ICP, ICP DC%, MAP, Baro, EBP, speed & FIPW but i dont really know what i am looking at. When i did the KOEO for the Baro, MAP,EBPV i got 4.61Volts for the Baro, 14.5 for the MAP and 14.4 for the EBPV? I didnt see a PSI for the Baro? I am not sure if it matters if i had the block heater on but i needed to go to work and didnt want to smoke out the nieghborhood. If i can figure out how to post the data log i will or if there is a way to send it to someone via PM that would be great.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:50 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With BARO volts, multiply by 3.1957 to get PSI. The newer AE versions only show Baro in volts. So you would be at 14.7 psi for Baro. Your EBPV & MAP sensors are within .2 and .3 psi of the Baro sensor. Sensors are reading excellent at KOEO. You are good to go on this......

I'll send you a PM with my e-mail. I'll graph up your data log so you can make sense of it. I might not get to it till tomorrow.......I am freaking wiped out and there's a Stanley Cup Playoff game waiting for me..........

Old 04-24-2015, 05:14 PM
akmikek
Senior User
Thats good to know. I appreciate it.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:43 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by akmikek
I don't get it either. The FFD tech said something about a #8 injector shim and 1/100? He did say it could send code for high to low short on other injectors. They can flow test injectors and it wont show problems until its in the truck. It runs so good now that I hate to mess with it but that light coming on during acceleration is going to drive me crazy.
it's starting to make a bit more sense. When you look at the CCT order #1 and #7 injectors are before and after the #8 you replaced.

Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 PM
white Buffalo
Post Fiend
Edit: CCT order , not firing order

Old 05-19-2015, 05:42 PM
akmikek
Senior User
Back to troubleshooting

I am back and continuing where i finished looking for the reason my SES light comes on during acceleration and goes off when i let up? When i scan with AE i get the same P1316 even thogh the light never stays on. I can clear it and drive around and get the code again if i diconnect and reconnect. If i do the KOER test i get P0476 which i believe is a EBPV?, could that cause the light to come on when i accelerate? The other thing that i am unsure of is how the different things work on the turbo area ( wastegate, switch/valve on the front and vacuum hoses)? There is a green tube that goes to the solenoid valve on the front of the turbo but the red hose is plugged off? Where does that go? I dont understand the wastegate but the previous owner said something about having it manually set? It seems to run really good but does have white smoke when cold for a minute. I did a buzz test when the engine was warm and got P1271 and P1277? I assume that is what causes the IDM code? When i test the injectors at the 42 pin connector they are all around 3.0.

Old 05-19-2015, 06:32 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,110 Likes on 2,170 Posts
if i remember correctly the red line is what controls the wastegate. if it is disconnected and capped off, your wastegate will not work and you will over boost setting off the check engine light

P0476 Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Range/Performance: this may be caused by the red line
the other codes are injector related.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:04 PM
akmikek
Senior User
The red line has always been capped off before I had the engine light issue. The only thing that changed was a new idm, new uvch's, new CP's and new #8 injector. It only started doing the light on during acceleration after the new injector. I bought some new crush washers so I can swap #8 and #4 and see if that does anything.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge? How high is the boost? Sure sounds like over boost to me.

Old 05-20-2015, 06:31 AM
akmikek
Senior User
Which sensor measures the boost? Maybe the sensor is bad? The light will come on even when i am going down my driveway under 200 rpm and my boost is at 2-3 PSI. I am still leaning toward the #8 injector i put in because that is when it starting happening. This weekend i plan on swapping #4 and #8 and seeing what happens.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:03 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Sorry... late to the party.

This has all the hallmarks of either a faulty reman injector, a torn/scored injector O-ring, or a rolled O-ring. Before diving in, get yourself some OEM O-rings (I use Riffraff Diesel), then you have them on hand for the swap. My #1 rule when moving injectors around - replace O-rings on the injector(s) I pull each time. Imagine the situation unchanged or worse - "Did I mess up by using the old O-rings? I guess I'd better go back in."

Please say you're not using a 140 HP tune on stock sticks.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:15 AM
akmikek
Senior User
I have stage 1 Casserly injectors. I planned on just replacing the crush washers on the swap since I just put new rings on about 6 months ago but if you think that the rings should be replaced I will do that.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:11 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
O-rings are inexpensive. What's your time (and sanity) worth to you? Your call.

Old 05-20-2015, 04:48 PM
akmikek
Senior User
Absolutely. My time really isnt worth too much but i have already lost most of my sanity on this issue. My next question is what should i be looking for with the scanner after i swap the injectors? If the SES light stops going on wont even hook the scanner up but if it still goes on after swapping #8 and #4 what error codes should i look for? The only codes i get when i start AE are P1316 and P0541. When i do a KOER test i only get P0476. When i do the buzz i get P1271 and P1277 which is cyl 1 and 7 High to low open. When i run a CCT i get Cyl #2,#3 and #8 Contribution/Balance Fault . The reason i want to switch #8 with #4 is the SES light problem didnt start until after i swapped #8 injector because it failed buss test. Is it possible that the P0476 EBPV could be making the light go on only during acceleration? It does do it way more when the engine is cold ?

Quick Reply: Service Engine Light at Acceleration Only