6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Installed DieselSite WS and Filter System

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 08:10 PM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed DieselSite WS and Filter System

I installed DeiselSite WS and Filter systems on my trucks today. They are expensive but I hope its worth it for the insurance of never being told by FORD that I have rust or crap from fuel in my injection system that caused the failure and my warranty is void. I definitely can't afford that fix it ticket. I will post some pics later and I am going to keep track of the OEM filters at the scheduled changes to see if they look better than they have in the past. I changed the 2015 filters today at 5K miles,since I was already covered with DF, and they were quite soiled for only 5k miles.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:06 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I had thought about adding this setup, but then I figured if there was any kind of a fuel related issue on my truck Ford would find a way to place the blame/fault on the non
factory fuel filter set up. I'm I too paranoid, maybe, maybe not.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Randy_270
Laughing Gas
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looking forward to your reviews.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Blapensee
Elder User
i thought about getting one i opted for a airdog 2 instead. did you go with the fuel heater option they have now?

Old 02-27-2015, 10:53 PM
Dr. T
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I installed one when I put in the Titan tank. Well made, nice unit.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:40 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jonrjen
I had thought about adding this setup, but then I figured if there was any kind of a fuel related issue on my truck Ford would find a way to place the blame/fault on the non
factory fuel filter set up. I'm I too paranoid, maybe, maybe not.

I don't see how they could blame anything on this unit because it is pre OEM filters. This filters the crappy fuel we buy before it even gets to the OEM filters. With this system installed there is a total of four filters before the fuel gets to the injection system. The folks at Dieselsite have researched the FORD filtration system and found that it just doesn't work as good as it should. IMO it seems like FORD should have a better OEM system in place since the quality of diesel fuel is so bad and their fuel system is so delicate.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:52 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Randy_270
Looking forward to your reviews.

Thanks. At this point I can say that the installation is easy as pie and can be done in about 20 minutes. Everything about the unit is very accessible and the clear bowls will allow me to monitor what is going on without removing the filters. The replacement filters are about $10 each so it will be an additional $20 when I replace all four filters at 10K intervals.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:59 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Blapensee
i thought about getting one i opted for a airdog 2 instead. did you go with the fuel heater option they have now?

How do you like the AD II? Do you have to use AD filters specifically? I went with this unit because of the ease of the install, the clear bowls, the replacement filters are very common and I was able to get a discount for buying two units. I did not get the heater. Not only are they are proud of that thing I didn't think I needed it here in FL. We get some freezing weather in north FL but it is very seldom. I couldn't bring myself to justify the cost.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:03 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
I think you did the right thing. If your filters are always dirty with such short intervals then you need to do something.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:05 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Dr. T
I installed one when I put in the Titan tank. Well made, nice unit.

I agree. It is pricey but it appears that they did their homework and used quality materials and did a great job of fabricating the unit. Have you done a OEM filter change since you have had the DS filtration system installed? Any differences that you have noticed? I am hoping it was money well spent. It definitely can't do anything less than help keep more water and trash out of the fuel system.

Old 02-28-2015, 06:07 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by senix
I think you did the right thing. If your filters are always dirty with such short intervals then you need to do something.

That is what I was thinking. It will definitely help.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:03 AM
djousma
Cargo Master
Received 924 Likes on 331 Posts
I've had this setup for about 30K miles now. Very happy with it. One thing I've noticed is that the filter minder on the Dieselsite setup shows just under half restricted after about 7K miles. I am under there draining the bowls, and noticed this. So, I have gotten in the habit of replacing the dieselsite filters at every oil change, and the OEM ones every other oil change.

I have never observed any water in any of the bowls.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:33 AM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts
My biggest fear with this setup is that you are asking a lot of the factory low pressure pump to pull fuel through two more filters. Anyone else think that or am I crazy? It looks awesome. Looking forward to the reviews and pics.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:48 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
I've had mine on for about 12,000 miles and have had no issues. My minder is still only at about 1/4, but I will change the filters in about another 3k. I like being able to see the fuel quality by just squatting down next to the truck, rather than having to crawl under to drain to check. (I still drain, but with the clear bowls, you don't have to drain to see the water.) As much as we spend on accessories for these things to make them look better, I felt the high price was worth the extra protection and peace of mind.

Old 02-28-2015, 07:51 AM
gwcon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by UGA33
My biggest fear with this setup is that you are asking a lot of the factory low pressure pump to pull fuel through two more filters. Anyone else think that or am I crazy? It looks awesome. Looking forward to the reviews and pics.

Dieselsite stands behind their claim that their system will in no way change the fuel flow or place any additional loads on the pump.

Quick Reply: Installed DieselSite WS and Filter System