6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Customer satisfaction PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 02:43 PM
willard164
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Customer satisfaction PROBLEM

I recently took delivery of my Special Order 2015 F350 DRW. It came with a typical OEM crap tire, so I specified GY AT Adventure w/Kevlar tires to be installed before delivery, and paid an adjusted price at closing. The Service Tech took 30-40 minutes to remove the rear hubcaps, and FOUR HOURS to change-out the 6 tires. A few days later, while re-torquing the lug nuts at home, I noticed deep gouges on the rear alloy wheels, where the four removal-tabs are present... deep into the alloy thru the clear-coat. Ford has a rubber-coated hubcap removal tool in their Tool Kit, so I know that FORD felt it was important to protect the alloy wheels from a sharp metal tool... but the Service Tech missed that point, I guess.

I wrote the dealership asking for resolution of the damaged wheel, but ZERO response after one week. Yesterday I received the initial Ford Customer Viewpoint survey. SHOULD I WAIT FOR A RESPONSE FROM THE DEALER, OR GO AHEAD AND COMPLETE THE SURVEY? I suspect that the dealers are particularly fussy about getting Top Marks on these surveys.

Willard164

Old 02-27-2015, 02:50 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
I would go in and talk with the Sales Manager and Service Manager in person and show them the damage. Bet it gets taken care of quickly. Take the survey with you and reference it.
In person is always the best way to approach this kind of issue.
Best of luck.
Pat

Old 02-27-2015, 02:52 PM
Rattler1
Senior User
Work your way up the dealership ladder until you get a resolution. The proper person may not have seen your complaint. You may be able to use the survey as a carrot to dangle in front of them to get the resolution you want.

If you fill out the survey first and they get dinged then they may have no real($) reason to make it right.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:04 PM
roadkingfl
Elder User

Hold the survey until they are done...And make sure the dealer GM is aware that your waiting on their resolution before the survey is completed.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:05 PM
Cool Ron
Freshman User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Personal touch

I agree, take the truck in with the survey, and work your way up the chain. If they value your business, they will make it right.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:26 PM
dmags
Senior User
CSI

congrats on the new truck
They SHOULD make it right.
How much is 4 hours labor to change 6 tires?
Hang on to that survey
They mean more than you may think.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:37 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
If you don't get a resolution, contact Crystal on here. She may be able to do something although this is strictly a dealer issue.

Old 02-27-2015, 03:44 PM
my_crib_too
Cargo Master
Received 1,183 Likes on 364 Posts
Welcome to FTE, great group of people here. I would go have a chat and not complete the survey. Give the dealer a chance to make things right. I agree with sending a PM to Crystal or calling her. You need a certain number of posts to get PM rights.

I'd like to see a picture of the new beast.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:01 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Have you at least called and gotten a hold of the service manager at the dealer? I agree that in person is better and usually you get results that way too.

COngrats on the new truck and don't let the first service visit ruin it for you. We have all had them and for the most part mine at least have been remedied to my satisfaction.

Yes, they do value that survey, it means MONEY to the DEALER and the person that sold the truck to you... I might even call my salesperson, you know those people call you back QUICK.... Mine at the dealer up here I bought mine from is great when I have a question or an issue. Even though my survey has been turned in along time ago and the sale is over... He knows that I will be back for another vehicle at one point.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:20 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It amazes me how many people don't understand the importance of a face to face confrontation. When it is a matter of damage to a product you need to be in a position to present the damage to the appropriate person who can help resolve the situation.

I understand that it is easier to write an email or correspondence than it is to interact with another human being. Of course I remember when a mans word and a hand shake was a contract.

It is surprising the results you can get by looking the other party in the eye, present your point of view in a reasonable well though out manner and work together to resolve the issue. Give the dealer the opportunity to satisfy you with what is known as customer service.

I guess what it boils down to is, if it wasn't important enough to meet, present, and communicate in person. Then what would make the person on the other end of the email the feeling that this is any more important than the other 7 dozen emails they receive daily?

Old 02-27-2015, 04:42 PM
Blapensee
Elder User
I'm still stuck on the 30-40 minutes to remove the lug caps... that right there tells you somethings wrong with the guy working on it. he should have just grabbed them like a big boy and pulled. sorry for your troubles i would be mad too especially when its still fresh in your mind on how much you paid for the truck itself.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:03 PM
willard164
New User
Customer satisfaction

Thanks for all the information. I called the dealership to ask who should receive a USPS letter...emails just does not get much of a response. The name given was the GM/Owner, so unless he's out of his office, it landed on the top rung of the dealership.

After they told me the Service Tech took so long to remove the rear caps, I asked that they leave them off, as I would need to re-torque in 100 miles anyway. Also, getting a look at the INSIDE is helpful to understand how they are attached. Prying a hubcap off, against a polished alloy surface shows a disregard for a customer's vehicle, and is just stupid.

Thanks again for the responses...it's GREAT truck. I'll post a photo soon. It's a Lariat SuperCab LB DRW 6.7, purchased as Gem Green Metallic, but definetely a Scheisse-Brown now , due to the Maine winter roads... we've been clobbered with snow this Winter. The rear-wheel pants take a direct hit from the front wheels, even with mud-flaps installed.

Willard164

Old 02-27-2015, 05:54 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
I would certainly take it back right away. Speak with the service advisor and your salesperson.

Easy enough to replace/repair them.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:57 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Curious as to why you wanted to send a letter vs going in person to meet with the GM/Owner.....
I would think in person would have MUCH greater impact on the owner than a letter.
I hope you get the resolution that you want.
Pat

Old 02-27-2015, 06:06 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
They are going to want to see the damage. You need to take it too them.

Quick Reply: Customer satisfaction PROBLEM