Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mile Marker Customer Service very disappointing!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 03:00 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I saw no way that ring belonged in there. I used the others as pictured above. Once you put the bolts in it pulls tight and I don't see how it could come back out. Looks like some have managed to shove that spirolock in there. Interesting.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:06 PM
hav24wheel
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts
It SHOULD'NT come back out, but unless someone stole the lockout, it had to of come back out.

The grove for that ring on these are not like the pre 99, these groves are tapered a bit, witch could let the snap ring "walk" out of the grove even if it initially tightened up good. The pre-99 hubs had a squared off grove for the snap ring. If you noticed, the stock snap ring is round, so the grove would be too.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:37 PM
2000 Ex-cursion
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys sorry I have been busy with the shop and family.I did infact use the snap ring in the groove. I went and bought another set and installed it again. I appreciate everyone's input on this. I never wanted one for free but just to tell me some one just stole it and basically said deal with it is unacepptable. I work with customers on a daily basis would not have my shop If I treated our customers that way. As for the conversation that went on., It was conducted in a professional manner even when I was told basically that we don't care. Yes I certainly let them how I determined which product I bought and that I would be posting how disappointed I am in their customer service.

Old 02-22-2015, 08:25 PM
05MilMachine
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fair enough. Is your hub groove rusty or oily? That combined with the taper mentioned above might have allowed it to work its way out with tight bolts pulling against it. Just a theory.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:18 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by jspence105
I think they should have worked with him on it. An offer to replace at their cost would have changed it from a bad experience to a good one.
That is one way it could have been handled.

Customer service is the key to staying in business, if problems are that rare then the costs associated with helping him out are insignificant.
I still say Mile Marker didn't have bad customer service.

If it were me on the missing hub end of the problem would I want something different than what the OP got from MM? Sure, but I wouldn't think I received bad customer service because MM did nothing for me. If anything, I would think like Mile Marker proffered, and that some jerk-wad had stolen one from my truck.

Maybe i'm just too cynical.

Stewart

Old 02-23-2015, 10:43 AM
2000 Ex-cursion
Senior User
Hey I would think that to Stewart if I had'nt unlock them on day 4 that morning before I left for work. I park in front of my shop everyday and it is a fullly glassed lobby so the likely hood of it getting stolen that day is 100% completely out of the question. Like I said before it is just the fact that they were not even entertaining the idea of their product could be faulty in anyway. As far as professional install, no where in the warranty does it say their hubs must be installed by an ASE certified Tech. But they said the only way to get consideration is by sending the invoice showing installation by an ASE tech and we will forward it to the Engineering dept for review. So I chock it up to a lesson learned. the aggravation of fighting and arguing with them is not worth the aggravation. Life is too short to deal the little things. My truck is fixed and working fine.Now moving on to my other upgrades before my Rockwood Diamond 8327ss comes in. Rear swaybar, V/B Spring upgrade and power stop brakes. Oh yeah bigger trans cooler and a tuner.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:39 PM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
That is one way it could have been handled.

I still say Mile Marker didn't have bad customer service.

If it were me on the missing hub end of the problem would I want something different than what the OP got from MM? Sure, but I wouldn't think I received bad customer service because MM did nothing for me. If anything, I would think like Mile Marker proffered, and that some jerk-wad had stolen one from my truck.

Maybe i'm just too cynical.

Stewart
Now I'm going to blame you

It's funny because if I had a hub go missing the last thing I would even think about was it being stolen. Perhaps in some locations that would be a problem and it would definitely change my opinion. I'd be surprised if it was a commonly stolen item they are relatively inexpensive what could you possibly get for 1 hub $30? To me it seems like a more likely to be a defect than a theft if both were gone i would think theft. Lets blame the different outlook on me being Canadian.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:40 PM
jspence105
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by 2000 Ex-cursion
My truck is fixed and working fine.Now moving on to my other upgrades before my Rockwood Diamond 8327ss comes in. Rear swaybar, V/B Spring upgrade and power stop brakes. Oh yeah bigger trans cooler and a tuner.
Glad to hear you're back up and running

Old 02-23-2015, 06:31 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by jspence105
Now I'm going to blame you

It's funny because if I had a hub go missing the last thing I would even think about was it being stolen.
After pulling my inop OEM's and installing Warns a few years back, after completing the install, the first thing I thought of was how easily someone could steal them.

Like I said, maybe I'm still too cynical from seeing dirtbags and ******* for my time as a LEO.

That, and maybe I'm too jaded by all the bad customer service and the bar is set really low.

Stewart

Old 02-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Hey I would think that to Stewart if I had'nt unlock them on day 4 that morning before I left for work.
Sorry, I'm not understanding?

I park in front of my shop everyday and it is a fullly glassed lobby so the likely hood of it getting stolen that day is 100% completely out of the question.
I hear what you're saying, but that doesn't make it 100%

Just so we're clear, I'm not saying that IS what happened, just that it would be my first thought if it happened to me or someone told me it happened to them...fully glassed lobby or not.

...the aggravation of fighting and arguing with them is not worth the aggravation. Life is too short to deal the little things.
Yup, I guess that's why I wasn't surprised, I see it all the time.

My truck is fixed and working fine.
Glad you got it back on the road.

Stewart

Old 02-24-2015, 09:52 AM
2000 Ex-cursion
Senior User
[QUOTE=Stewart_H;15116869]Sorry, I'm not understanding?

The day I discovered the Lockout missing, That morning I physically unlock them before I left for work because the roads were good. At lunch time I found it missing. But its all good My rant is over the truck is fixed now its time to move on with other projects.

Old 02-24-2015, 11:22 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
But its all good My rant is over the truck is fixed now its time to move on with other projects.
Don't "just" move on...keep the genesis of the rant within you....deep within you. Compartmentalize it....protect it....nurture it. And when the time comes, remember what Khan said about....REVENGE!

"Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war!" - General Chang

Stewart

Old 02-24-2015, 11:49 AM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
mile marker hubs are garbage. i run the 449ss and they lasted about a mile offroad.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:15 PM
harley4jcs
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Skip1970
mile marker hubs are garbage. i run the 449ss and they lasted about a mile offroad.

Maybe you should look at them as a fusible link component.
IE: They let go before your BAD *** Dana 50 EXploded.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:38 PM
Skip1970
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
im sure they look great at the mall anyhow.

Quick Reply: Mile Marker Customer Service very disappointing!!