Sponsored by:

Lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 12:29 AM
Silvestrej
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift

Is there a way to find out which excursions came with the lift form the factory. Looking to buy my first one and wanted one that I can start upgrading soon as I get it. Thanks in advance..

Old 01-23-2015, 12:46 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 834 Likes on 573 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Your first question is easily answered too, none of them came from the factory with lifts. Some may have had lifts installed by the selling dealers back in the day but otherwise they all came basically 2" lower than similarly optioned SuperDuties of the same year.
Modding the suspension to get what Ford should have done is actually pretty easy to do and we have plenty of info on it in the tech folders on this forum.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:53 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
That's not 100% true... there was an option from the factory called the 4wd package. It not only raised the truck but put a cool button on the dash. IIRC it did something else too but I don't remember what.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:22 AM
Silvestrej
New User
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
That's not 100% true... there was an option from the factory called the 4wd package. It not only raised the truck but put a cool button on the dash. IIRC it did something else too but I don't remember what.
So does it come on all the 4wd?

Old 01-23-2015, 01:23 AM
Silvestrej
New User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Welcome to the forum!

Your first question is easily answered too, none of them came from the factory with lifts. Some may have had lifts installed by the selling dealers back in the day but otherwise they all came basically 2" lower than similarly optioned SuperDuties of the same year.
Modding the suspension to get what Ford should have done is actually pretty easy to do and we have plenty of info on it in the tech folders on this forum.
Thanks will definitely be looking into it so I can get where I want with my new x

Old 01-23-2015, 01:25 AM
Silvestrej
New User
Also do you know the biggest tire I can have with out doing any mod? 30's or 33's possible

Old 01-23-2015, 01:52 AM
WE3ZS
World Famous Mod
Received 834 Likes on 573 Posts
Apocalypse was just kidding, the 4X4 model do sit 2" or so higher than the 2 wheel drive EXs.
The factory stock tire size of 265/75R16 is about a 31.5" tall tire, a 33" should fit on a stock height EX, 35"s require about 3" or so of lift to fit.
What exactly are you planning for your future EX?

Old 01-23-2015, 09:26 AM
Silvestrej
New User
Originally Posted by WE3ZS
Apocalypse was just kidding, the 4X4 model do sit 2" or so higher than the 2 wheel drive EXs.
The factory stock tire size of 265/75R16 is about a 31.5" tall tire, a 33" should fit on a stock height EX, 35"s require about 3" or so of lift to fit.
What exactly are you planning for your future EX?
I own a masonry business and live on a farm and want something that will pull anything I want and get me out of a situation mud fresh foundation but if also have a big family and we like to take trips and I like for everyone one to be comfortable when we do go and when the family and I don't have plans and weird is completed we like to take and compete our six american bullies In shows so I found the king of SUVs should be what I'm looking for

Old 01-23-2015, 12:27 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
For future reference, for the love of God use some punctuation. That post made me want to kill puppies. Surely someone that owns a masonry business has completed at least 5th grade English.

Old 01-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
For future reference, for the love of God use some punctuation. That post made me want to kill puppies. Surely someone that owns a masonry business has completed at least 5th grade English.
For future reference this is inappropriate and I take offense to it. I am an avid dog/puppy lover and find this extremely without taste. I thought more of you than this and am surprised I ever thought of you as a great friend. Puppies... how could you...

Just reading this makes me want to take a sack of kittens and throw it in a ****ing river, maybe even a river of hot LAVA! Please Matt, think of the puppies. I'll kill the kittens next time... one.. after.... the other... slowly thinking of you

Old 01-23-2015, 12:43 PM
Silvestrej
New User
Look man if you got some to say keep it to yourself and move on somewhere I didn't join this site for a damn school lesson so before you come at me like that..I don't know you and don't care to get to know you

Old 01-23-2015, 04:05 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Silvestrej
Look man if you got some to say keep it to yourself and move on somewhere I didn't join this site for a damn school lesson so before you come at me like that..I don't know you and don't care to get to know you
Just pointing out a simple fact there e-thug . Your post was incredibly difficult to piece together, and I'm not the only one on here who will tell you so - I just did it first. If people can't make sense of your posts, you're not going to get replies because they aren't going to spend time trying to decipher what it is you're asking, plain and simple. So you can take some humorous constructive criticism, or you can continue to have a stick up your butt when someone calls you out on your blatant massacring of English in general... because it's going to happen again whether it's me that points it out or someone else. The first option will make your stay here a lot more productive for both yourself and anyone trying to help you solve a problem, or answer a question you have.

You'll get to know me whether you like it or not, I'm on here a lot

For some on topic material, as Tom already pointed out you can squeeze a 33" tire in the stock wheel wells provided it's a 4wd model. As already pointed out, they have more height stock so you have more room to work with. You'll almost be running pizza cutters though, as it'll be a hair on the narrow side to clear everything inside the wheel well. Not much lift is required to fit a larger fire than that, personally I'm at 3.75" front and 4" rear with 35's. They do rub a small amount at full steering lock, but it's not a huge problem. Run a few searches and dig through the sticky's at the top of this forum and you'll find a wealth of knowledge regarding lifts and what'll hit/rub and what'll fit with X inches of lift. Lifts intended for our Super Duty truck cousin's will generally net you about 1.5-2" higher than advertised since the trucks sit higher than Excursions stock for stock. Keep in mind this is applies to strictly truck lifts crossing over, the Excursion has been around long enough that it has a good amount of aftermarket support for suspension lifts and fixes. A 4" lift meant for the Ex will provided 4" of lift.

There's also a plethora of information in the sticky's regarding General modifications and improvements that many of us regard highly as how the Excursion should've come stock to begin with.

As for you Apoc, you know damn well I was kidding. Take your mini-rants elsewhere Well written though, props sir.

Old 01-23-2015, 04:11 PM
Silvestrej
New User
Just pointing out a simple fact there e-thug . Your post was incredibly difficult to piece together, and I'm not the only one on here who will tell you so - I just did it first. If people can't make sense of your posts, you're not going to get replies because they aren't going to spend time trying to decipher what it is you're asking, plain and simple. So you can take some humorous constructive criticism, or you can continue to have a stick up your butt when someone calls you out on your blatant massacring of English in general... because it's going to happen again whether it's me that points it out or someone else. The first option will make your stay here a lot more productive for both yourself and anyone trying to help you solve a problem, or answer a question you have.

You'll get to know me whether you like it or not, I'm on here a lot

For some on topic material, you can squeeze a 32" tire in the stock wheel wells provided it's a 4wd model. As already pointed out, they have more height stock so you have more room to work with. You'll almost be running pizza cutters though, as it'll be a hair on the narrow side to clear everything inside the wheel well. Not much lift is required to fit a larger fire than that, personally I'm at 3.75" front and 4" rear with 35's. They do rub a small amount at full steering lock, but it's not a huge problem. Run a few searches and dig through the sticky's at the top of this forum and you'll find a wealth of knowledge regarding lifts and what'll hit/rub and what'll fit with X inches of lift.

There's also a plethora of information in the sticky's regarding General modifications and improvements that many of us regard highly as how the Excursion should've come stock to begin with.

As for you Apoc, you know damn well I was kidding. Take your mini-rants elsewhere Well written though, props sir.
Thank you I appreciate your help

Old 01-23-2015, 05:03 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Silvestrej
Thank you I appreciate your help
No problem bud. I'm not always a huge *******, just some of the time

The community here is full of great people, you'll love it.

Any prospective rigs that you're looking at yet?

Old 01-23-2015, 05:52 PM
ohioexwner
Senior User
hey man I heard the same thing when I started i live on a farm as well and have a light excavating business on the side i owned an ex that was pure stock witch needed some suspension work wasn't happy at all but hit some ice and wrecked it the one i replaced it with had a 6 inch lift and 35s i will tell you towing sucked i have got ride of the block lift and replaced it with a leaf spring lift huge difference helwig front and rear sway bars and changed gears to 5:13s with air lockers i can now pull my bobcat 442 and a t870 behind it and i have the v10 in mine gearing my man best thing you can do good luck brother

Quick Reply: Lift