General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Bill Cosby

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 09:28 AM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by jroehl
I agree with Tom, with one addendum:

These women are being sought out and encouraged to come forward by those who have a problem with what Cosby has said to a certain segment of society about their personal responsibility, and lack thereof.

Jason

Who is seeking them out?

Old 12-10-2014, 10:37 AM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kw5413
Who is seeking them out?
Are you aware of what Bill Cosby has said to a certain less-than-stellar segment of the population about their personal choices in life? This message doesn't sit well with other "leaders" amongst his "brethren", thus a desire to discredit him by showing him to be a hypocrite.

Jason

Old 12-10-2014, 10:39 AM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

There is a very similar case going on up here in Canada right now. The guy involved provided his employer with film footage of his indiscretions thinking they would prove his innocence. He claims he partakes in consensual BDSM. But now many women are coming out dating back to the early 2000's claiming they were sexually and physically assaulted. The video he provided to his employer actually caused them to fire him.

When the allegations first came to light many in the media were quick to jump out in his defense as he was claiming it was all consensual. Turns out most of the beatings he dished out weren't consensual and it took most the women involved all these years to come forward because the man involved was very influential in the entertainment industry in Canada.

Women in these situations face a very difficult task due to who the accused is, his influence in the industry and the public perception of who he has been "on tv" for all these years.

First reaction of the public in high profile cases is to defend against all allegations due to not wanting to accept that someone you grew up idolizing could commit these kinds of acts.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:45 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,110 Likes on 2,170 Posts
Originally Posted by jroehl
Are you aware of what Bill Cosby has said to a certain less-than-stellar segment of the population about their personal choices in life? This message doesn't sit well with other "leaders" amongst his "brethren", thus a desire to discredit him by showing him to be a hypocrite.

Jason

what Jason is trying to say is a lot of the members of the black community are trying to portray Bill Cosby as an "uncle tom" for his constantly insulting "young black men" with "act like a man and not an uneducated animal" and "pull your pants up" comments.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:49 AM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by tjc transport
what Jason is trying to say is a lot of the members of the black community are trying to portray Bill Cosby as an "uncle tom" for his constantly insulting "young black men" with "act like a man and not an uneducated animal" and "pull your pants up" comments.
LOL! I was dancing around it due to the forum rules--but I guess if a moderator says it...

One of these days, I may have to re-up my supporter status. It's been a while, and I kinda miss the Club.

Jason

Old 12-10-2014, 03:17 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tjc transport
So "they" are doing this now because of a speech he made 10 years ago.

snopes.com: Bill Cosby on Blaming White People

That makes a lot of sense.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:21 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
If I were Bill Cosby - right now I would be thinking up a comedy routine or "LECTURE" regarding it. I mean....

You have GOT to be kidding me, the statute of limitations have run out, the obvious GOOD STUFF he has been doing - all of that

All of that speaks for itself! But these prostitutes are somehow unsatisfied...

Were they unsatisfied in some way? I mean come on.
A ***** is glad if she gets a hundred dollar bill or two or three...
They do not care about personal job SATISFACTION

In fact, the typical notion foremost in the mind of a hooker is:
"THANK YOU! Next please..."

How can you imagine anywhere in it that a wrong has been done?
They chose to spread their own legs, nobody else.

Until all of a sudden now;
"I think I can take a millionaire down..."

And now they are coming after BILL himself, as if that would do any good

What is peculiar about all of this is when you think about WHO DOES IT BENEFIT

WHAT WOULD A HOOKER SPEND THE AWARD ON?

Dope probably, the part of it that her PIMP didn't grab as his take...

What would they do with the money? Move to Nevada?

What I see in it is that it is all senseless. Regardless of the outcome it serves no useful purpose

Old 12-12-2014, 12:36 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Sexual assault should not have a statute of limitations. All the women involved are prostitutes? Bill Cosby used his industry influence to be able to cover his acts. Happens a lot. Then when they see one coming out it helps to push others who have been victims to come forward as well.

How can victims come forward if they all get called prostitutes and said to be just trying to get a pay day out of it? That's one of the biggest problems and why it takes people so long to be able to come forward with the allegations when someone of influence is involved.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:23 PM
FORDF250HDXLT
Post Fiend
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
Sexual assault should not have a statute of limitations.
oh man what can of worms that would open.then you'd have gold digger women (they're out there,be it you believe this group are or not,in whole or in part,working out deals behind the scenes with who are looking for compensation with who isn't or not etc.) making accusations of people from so far back,you'll never remember things properly.that would be a bad,bad,bad horrible idea.you would have masses of false accusations.it would clearly lead to more harm than good in helping innocent victims.you clearly have way more trust in women (people in general) than i do.my experiences with women are in the end,they are best kept to a safe distance.which is about as far away as you can keep them as possible lol.their emotions can overcloud rational,logical thought.accusations such as these,after so many years are just going to want men who have this figured out,to remain and distance ourselfs even more from the gender and lose even more respect for them.even if true.so suck it up and move on with your life.we all have shift happen to us.sitting around dwelling on what went down and living in the past from an event 30 years ago is only going to hurt yourself.that's not living.you've only got yourself to blame at some point for not letting go,forgiving and getting on.the last thing we need (us good guys who would never do such a thing) would be to have it so a women from our past could come along and ruin our lives.they're doing a good enough job at it already in the present and well into the future for some poor *******s lol.last thing we need is to help them do it from any point they want in the past.oh hell no.
in fact there should be laws in place to help the famous that when the statute of limitations runs out,people can no longer publicly accuse you.because what happens? like now.people just thinking BC is guilty without proof.just because people say so.that's not the world we want to live in.that's not the way any of us would want to be treated so why treat them that way? it's sick (but make no mistake,nowhere near as sick as rape is) but there's got to be a cutoff time to safeguard people.that's why we have statute of limitations (minus for murder understandably.)

Old 12-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Something else I saw in all of this from the beginning (and I AM keeping an open mind here, believe it or not) is that when a UFO is reported by ANYONE - all of a sudden a couple of hundred people all seem to jump out of the bushes yelling: "I SAW IT TOO!!!"

Which means what? They were all drinking out of the same bottle?

So what we may have here, if I can grant it a name - is similar to UFO crazies
* A UFO being an Unidentified Flying Object

What may be at the root of all of THIS is "UFI" crazies, where a UFI is an Unidentified Fornicating Individual...

"Oh YES! That man - he made my panties come off..."

"Sure Lady."

*BANGS GAVEL*

"Next please..."

I use the UFO model because it is a similar brand of fantasy thinking to what I suspect may be going on.

~ But who knows...

Concerning the statute of limitations though - it boggles my mind why all of these accusations (or most of them) were not tossed out of court as irrelevant.
The accusations, even if there was a real crime, have gone STALE.

You cannot come back decades after the window of opportunity closed and make such a claim.

I expect most of the charges to be dismissed on that basis, honestly. So what is left is that the question becomes one that speaks to the purpose of them.

I think a lot of comments have been made that speak to that point - it is a campaign of libel and slander. But once again - those making the accusations cannot be collected from if they have NOTHING. Therefore a counter suit would at best convict but come up empty handed at the far end of it.

There is nothing there to sue for.

But if all of the above is true, the aims of the accusers have been accomplished - and that seems to me unfair

There is some foundation to the notion that I am biased in favor of Cosby - I AM. I like the guy and what he has represented to all of us.

But the logic, and what the legal system can and cannot do is also in Bill Cosby's favor.

The only things that stand out UNFAVORABLY are spin, the media, and the after-taste of what has been said REGARDLESS IF IT IS TRUE OR NOT.

~ Last I heard, it isn't against the law for Cosby to have a sexual partner the same as the rest of us. It's just a whole lot more dangerous...

NOTE: Possible point for a separate discussion
If having a partner in the modern age is a frightening idea because you may be severely damaged as a result of it - is this contrary to "Survival of the Species"?
Are DARWINS laws at work once again, in an attempt to reduce global population?

NOTE 2:
If this only applies to people who produce and have personal wealth, and the by and large population is unaffected, does it naturally lead to a weakening of intellect in the overall society?

Old 12-12-2014, 11:38 PM
old farm truck
Elder User
Women don't just decide one day they're going to become hustlers. If every woman accusing Bill Cosby of rape is a liar and an opportunist of some sort there would be a line of angry johns and scumbags offering to sell dirt on them.

Originally Posted by BIGKEN
I do believe he has settled with more than one accuser...why settle if you're innocent??? Perhaps it's easier for Cosby to write checks than to defend himself in court.

As to the question of "Why now"...many victims repress bad memories.
That does happen. But not to numerous people all at the same time. A simpler explanation is Bill Cosby stopped mailing checks to all the women he raped over the years. And having not received their checks many of them are suddenly getting their memories back.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:44 AM
jroehl
Post Fiend
Looks like I'm not the only one (from someone a little closer to the Cos):

Phylicia Rashad says she was misquoted as Bill Cosby faces new accusers ? and protesters - The Washington Post

Jason

Old 01-08-2015, 09:42 AM
old farm truck
Elder User
Bill Cosby hires private detectives to get dirt on women he raped.

“They were able to find out information about Beverly Johnson’s boyfriend who said she only had good things to say about Cosby. We found out that Beverly never told her live-in lover of several years what she’s now telling the media and we found that to be strange,” the source noted.

The insider also said they’ve dug up information on another accuser – Katherine McKee, a onetime girlfriend of the late Sammy Davis Jr. who said Cosby raped her in the 1970's.Investigators uncovered internet posts in which McKee wrote glowingly of Cosby and an interview in which she said she is “used to lying.”
Bill Cosby reportely hires private investigators to dig up dirt on accusers | Fox News

Old 05-22-2017, 09:21 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,108 Likes on 4,191 Posts
Finally the trial starts today...perhaps some answers will be forthcoming.

Old 05-22-2017, 09:00 PM
LivingLarge
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
Finally the trial starts today...perhaps some answers will be forthcoming.
Mostly "yes"

Quick Reply: Bill Cosby