Sponsored by:

Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 05:58 PM
ToolmakerRob
Laughing Gas
Received 142 Likes on 88 Posts
Mud Flaps

Hi All. Has anyone ever installed mudflaps on the Eddie Bauer trim and if so could a few pictures be posted? I am having a hard time trying to locate a set. Thanks.

Rob

Old 11-22-2014, 09:03 AM
Gene Horr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not on the Eddie Bauer. For the Limited the rear Husky models fit fine but the front required a lot of trimming to fit.

Old 11-22-2014, 10:41 AM
The2003Excursion
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Email I got from DuraFlap.com

We received a questionnaire regarding mud flaps for your Excursion. The usual fit up for a stock vehicle is our FR2X EXC SS on the rear, and our FF2 EXC SS on the front. These are a drill-less installation which means you do not need to drill holes in the fender well to install them. They are pre drilled to match existing factory holes, and will hang straight and centered to stock wheels and tires.

If your vehicle has a lift or oversized tires, you may need wider and/or longer mud flaps. You will also want to make sure that your tires will not rub on mud flaps hanging straight down inside the fender well. If this is a problem, you will want to review our lifted truck page.

I have attached the install directions, and an image of the mud flaps on an Excursion. This SUV required a wider mud flaps, so these are 14" wide on the back. They stick out 1" further to the outside, and 1" further on the inside than our standard fit up will. Unless you have oversized wheels and tires, our standard 12" wide should give you very good coverage. You can measure out 6" from the center of stock tires to see how far out the 12" 'wide mud flap will come.

Please do not hesitate to phone or email with any questions or concerns. You may order online or by phone. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Nina

Old 11-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Restlesswildman
Posting Guru
Good info!

BTW I wonder how Nina sounds on the Phone? Something about a woman named Nina intrigues me! lol

Old 11-22-2014, 12:58 PM
The2003Excursion
Tuned
Late 60's, heavy smoker, loves fried food, great personality.

Old 11-22-2014, 02:50 PM
johntpr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Husky mudflaps for my 2002 Ford Excursion Limited:

The fronts are 56481 and the rears are 57481. I think Husky discontinued them. I bought a spare set just to have.<o></o>

<o></o>

Old 11-22-2014, 03:21 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by The2003Excursion
Late 60's, heavy smoker, loves fried food, great personality.
I'd hit it

Old 11-23-2014, 10:12 PM
CLINT-THE-GREAT
Posting Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I'd hit it
I thought you were coming out....

-The Great

Old 11-24-2014, 06:49 AM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
I'd hit it
...with NapTime

Old 11-24-2014, 02:10 PM
RobRoss
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by ToolmakerRob
Hi All. Has anyone ever installed mudflaps on the Eddie Bauer trim and if so could a few pictures be posted? I am having a hard time trying to locate a set. Thanks.

Rob
Go here, Ford Truck Picture by RobRoss | 1543184 | Ford-Trucks

Those are made by Husky, let me know if you have any questions.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:02 PM
Big Sky
Laughing Gas
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
When I bought my Excursion (Limited) over 10 years ago I put on a set of Husky flaps up front. I never installed them on the back until this past summer. I ordered a rear set of Husky flaps for a 2003-05 Limited pickup and they fit fine

Old 11-25-2014, 08:17 PM
ToolmakerRob
Laughing Gas
Thanks everyone for the replies. I really want to get a set on before the winter hits. I am sure it will make a difference over the years in preventing/delaying the rust from starting. I also really hate my Ex being really dirty.

RobRoss- were the mudflaps hard to install? Can you paint them to match the Eddie Bauer trim? Also, what model springs did you install? I would like to lift mine up a few inches and stiffen up the ride SLIGHTLY.

Rob

Old 11-25-2014, 09:04 PM
RobRoss
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by ToolmakerRob
Thanks everyone for the replies. I really want to get a set on before the winter hits. I am sure it will make a difference over the years in preventing/delaying the rust from starting. I also really hate my Ex being really dirty.

RobRoss- were the mudflaps hard to install? Can you paint them to match the Eddie Bauer trim? Also, what model springs did you install? I would like to lift mine up a few inches and stiffen up the ride SLIGHTLY.

Rob
The mudflaps install in minutes per flap. The only issue I had was my right front tire would touch the flap when turning. I added a trim screw to help the flp Nate better against the inner fender well. I believe Husky says you can paint to match however, make sure it's flexible paint (like for fascias).

My springs and tires are in my sig or you can go here. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ring-swap.html

Let me know if you gave any questions.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:57 AM
Patriotic Rottweiler
Tuned
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I purchased the Duraflaps, front (FF2EXC) and rear (FR2XEXC). They are Expensive but should last me forever. They were easy to install and I haven't had any problems with them. But I don't really do much 4x4ing, so I'm not not hitting them on rocks or logs.

They are very stiff and do not offer much flexibility. So if you are out in the sticks you might want something thinner and more flexible. Since I don't do that stuff I wanted something rock solid and these were it.

Old 12-05-2014, 11:11 AM
ToolmakerRob
Laughing Gas
Thanks Patriotic. I need to get something soon. I don't do any 4x4ing either. I just want to keep the mud and dirt off. Currently I have the Eddie Bauer flares off as well as the running boards and I can't believe how much dirt is accumulating underneath and on the insides of the doors. The bottom of the Ex looks more like a gravel pit!

Rob

Quick Reply: Mud Flaps