Sponsored by:

$3500 X in DC...

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazee Matt
Glad I could help out, its what we're here for. Even if you are the little brother of the family
Can I borrow some of those magazines from under your bed?

Old 11-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Can I borrow some of those magazines from under your bed?
What, the diesel **** mags or muscle car ones?

Either way... I don't think you're ready for that kind of power and motorvation kiddo.

Old 11-19-2014, 05:40 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
I can't say anything else then what has already been said.

DO NOT SETTLE!!!

I have bought enough trucks and sold ones i wish i kept that i know how it goes and i'm just as impatient as you trust me! (this coming from a guy @ 25 who has had about 25 trucks that i can remember)

I almost went out and bought a new base model F-150 last year instead of waiting on the Limited i have now. I had a long talk with my Grandfather that changed my mind and made me wait…that man has more wisdom then i have in a fingernail..i'm glad i listened!

The wait SUCKS i know…but the payoff is SO SWEET!

/end rant

Old 11-19-2014, 05:47 PM
sessland
More Turbo
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I was very interested in how this could have turned out

and by "this" I mean the whole "cantaloupe rind" thing...

BTW, where I come from THIS is the very definition of a family. Have a family member call you an idiot and you thanking them for it.

Accolades all around!

Old 11-19-2014, 05:55 PM
The2003Excursion
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11-19-2014, 06:15 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by The2003Excursion
logic

Most of the time the logical thing is not the FUN thing

Old 11-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Fun at first, then lots and lots of misery? We'll leave that as an exercise for the reader.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:01 PM
Pele
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Living in DC. I can tell you that the particular Ex you were looking at has been on the local CraigsList for the past few months.

When it's been up for that long, there is something wrong with it... That usually is the price to value ratio.

Somewhere around here, I have pics of mine. Rust free, 214K miles, v10 4x4, $3800.
Here, you're spending more than me and getting a higher mileage unit.

Firstly, there is something to be said for making up your mind on what you want as well as facing what you want vs what you need.

Your avatar says wait for the 6.0. Do you really need that Diesel? If so, then why are you looking at a V10? I'm my case, I wanted the Diesel, but didn't really need one. So I got what I had cash for. I'll get the Diesel when I have time and money to deal with it. With the low gasoline prices and higher Diesel prices that timeline might get longer.

There are thousands of Excursions rolling around out there. Don't jump on one just because it's there. Jump on it because it's what you really want or really need. You might have to work that out in the mean time. If you really need that Diesel, then you're going to be in the same place you're at now, not satisfied with the truck that you paid good money for.

You've got the Blazer and the 2wd V8 Ex. Sell at least one of those before getting into another Ex. (It doesn't hurt to have sale signs on both of them.) That way you've got cash to play with.

In the mean time, use what you have. This "grass is always greener" stuff will KILL you all the time. I saw a Toreador Red with Grey interior 7.3 woth 170k on the clock for 2grand up the other week. It was up for like a day. Could be kicking myself for not getting it, but I already have an Ex. Got no space in the yard for two.

EDIT: Looked closer at the auction. Seller linked a CarFax report. Truck is from NewYork. Has rust and just noticed where he talked about the melted carpet.
PASS. There's a reason there's zero bids.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:08 PM
nmclella
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is your Blazer still lowered? If so, I can see why it hasn't sold.

It takes a special person to want a lowered vehicle... and even more unique person to want a lowered Chevy Blazer.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:16 PM
The2003Excursion
Tuned
Originally Posted by nmclella
Is your Blazer still lowered? If so, I can see why it hasn't sold.

It takes a special person to want a lowered vehicle... and even more unique person to want a lowered Chevy Blazer.
Not to mention a 5.4 Ex....

Old 11-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Immortal_Ben
Fleet Mechanic
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Tedster9
When I was 17 my dad was so stupid I could barely stand to keep the old guy around, but he really smartened up when I got older. One of the things he said was "never borrow money to buy a depreciating asset". A car or truck is a great way to do this. Save your money first, then write a check or pay cash.
Best and wisest thing I have ever read on any forum. Cash is king, debt is dumb.

Save up and buy what you really want.

Old 11-19-2014, 09:54 PM
Archion
Postmaster
265k, it's a new york truck, just moved to dc... run fast my friend.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:02 AM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Well I think I'm better off with a Texas truck anyway. I don't have to worry about things I might have to here and I have family both blood and sweat I can count on to help me down there. I think I want/need to stick to the Houston/Dallas area. I tried talking to my wife last night about this (not this truck, she never found out about it... yet another bad sign) and she said as long as one of the vehicles is gone it's fine.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Pele
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Apocalypse
Well I think I'm better off with a Texas truck anyway. I don't have to worry about things I might have to here and I have family both blood and sweat I can count on to help me down there. I think I want/need to stick to the Houston/Dallas area. I tried talking to my wife last night about this (not this truck, she never found out about it... yet another bad sign) and she said as long as one of the vehicles is gone it's fine.
Wold you be able to survive with both the Blazer and Excursion gone?

Old 11-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Apocalypse
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Pele
Wold you be able to survive with both the Blazer and Excursion gone?
Yep. I can't work and only need the truck to get around town and to keep me sane. Wifes Highlander gets her to and from work just fine so we really have no need for my 2

Quick Reply: $3500 X in DC...