6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

I HATE This Truck!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 08:01 AM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I HATE This Truck!!!

I hate this truck and what it has done to me.

I have been one of those people who almost always had at least one extra toy vehicle sitting in one of the other garages. Be it a Mustang classic or new, maybe a Corvette, a Focus SVT, a Lightning or at the very least a motorcycle.

But now that I have this truck it has become a full blown love/Hate relationship. I simply have not found any other vehicle that I care to drive as much as my 2013 F-350 FX4 wide butt dually.

It's not stealth, it's not sleek, darn sure ain't a economy vehicle, and really doesn't stand out from all of the other Superduty trucks on the road. I mean heck it is white with gold lower paint just like the majority of the Ford Superduty trucks on the road.

I went out to take a look at the newly released 2015 Mustang GT which in many eyes would make a great toy to enjoy. But, in the end I like the ride, size, power, torque, abilities, looks that are all rolled up in the F350 package of the vehicle I prefer.

One the other hand there is the insurance point of view to look at. I just received my auto insurance renewal. Pulled it out of the envelope and take a look at the renewal cost of $559 and then looked for the renewal of the Wives 2013 Taurus SHO. Then realized that the $559 was the total cost for both vehicles for the next six months. So maybe I don't hate this truck as much as I feel I do at times, it has kept the insurance cost down to only insuring 2 vehicles at a time.

Now if I can just keep finding little things to "Farkle" my truck with, I should be good to keep on Truckin.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Blapensee
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well I'm glad you like your dually. the only thing i don't like about these trucks is that companies make so many aftermarket parts for them I'm constantly doing things to my truck that i will never get the money back when i go to sell it. oh well! with any other vehicle i never kept it for more than 2 years before i was done with it and needed a change. i got my truck march of 2012 and wouldn't consider driving anything but a superduty.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Lastwagen
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Same here. I haven't driven the Corvette in weeks.

Old 11-01-2014, 05:06 PM
dualwheels66
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I drive mine everywhere. My wifes '04 Explorer has over 110k and my son's '00 Explorer has over 150k on it so I just tell them we are taking the truck so save them from racking up the miles on their vehicles, of course they know better. I like driving around in a tank or as i call it, commuting in a B52.
I cant believe summer is over already, I didnt have time to install all my extras, been driving too much.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:08 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Jon, I think I can help you with that. You need an auxiliary tank like mine. Then do a few of those $450 fill ups. That will make you want a Focus coupe with a stick shift. Oh wait, you have a tank don't you? My bad!! Man, you do have it bad. I guess maybe the romance just wore off for me. It's my 14th year of super duty ownership. Driving the 08 deleted and tuned was fun. Every now and then I could blow away some kid in a Civic from the light and then soot him at the next red light. Plus the can muffler was loud and I could bug all the neighbors when I left the house early. The new truck's just too mannerly I guess.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:32 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
I have owned a F350/250 diesel since 1997. I've seen them all from non turbo to the current 2013 PSD. Gotta say that those 7.3 turbos were a dream machine power plant, the transmission left plenty to be desired, but nothing $3500 wouldn't take care of....LOL!!!

There was a short stint when I was diesel less and made due with my 2003 F250 V10 6speed manual LX regular cab.

But, this latest truck seems to just fit me and my needs extremely well.

Old 11-01-2014, 07:42 PM
StanleyZ
Logistics Pro
Received 68 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jonrjen
I have owned a F350/250 diesel since 1997. I've seen them all from non turbo to the current 2013 PSD. Gotta say that those 7.3 turbos were a dream machine power plant, the transmission left plenty to be desired, but nothing $3500 wouldn't take care of....LOL!!!

There was a short stint when I was diesel less and made due with my 2003 F250 V10 6speed manual LX regular cab.

But, this latest truck seems to just fit me and my needs extremely well.
You do have a fuel tank in the bed, or am I having a senior moment. I thought we talked about the stock tank leaking a while back.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:27 AM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
My wife is looking at new vehicles. She was leaning towards a new Explorer or a Jeep GC ecodiesel, but we have come to the realization that for any trip of any length, the truck will be what we take.... 2 Labs, all the crap that we both take with us and the sheer comfort and safety of the truck makes it a no brainer.... So now she is going to look at something smaller for around town, perhaps a new Escape Titanium. We are still a couple years out from getting the new vehicle, she has plenty of life left in her Volvo S80, I just hate it on so many levels.... It is a car.... sits too low.... hate working on it.... Maybe that is why it only has 80,000 miles on it and it is a 2002.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:58 AM
JKerrySchneider
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaahhh, you want me to take the econo-box daily driver today, not!!!

Old 11-02-2014, 04:11 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by StanleyZ
You do have a fuel tank in the bed, or am I having a senior moment. I thought we talked about the stock tank leaking a while back.

You are correct, I do have a tank in the bed and they did end up replacing the factory fuel tank due to it leaking.

I am sorry, I thought that I had gotten back with you on the findings. It appears that where the sending unit/fuel fill/vent line access plate attached there was a small buckle or imperfection on the tank that allowed the seal to leak. They did first try to replace the gasket but after doing so it leaked worse. So they ordered and installed a new tank and all has been well every since.

Which also explained why I would smell diesel often when I would fill the truck up since purchasing new.

Old 11-03-2014, 11:19 AM
skipcox
Mountain Pass

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, I hope I enjoy my 2015 F350 Dually, waiting at the dealer, as much as you do.

Old 11-03-2014, 03:23 PM
BlackBeest
More Turbo
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by jonrjen
$559 was the total cost for both vehicles for the next six months.

Wait- WHAT?!?? Who are you insured with? I'm getting the shaft!

But on a thread-related note, I totally get what you're saying. Since acquiring my truck, it's become clear to me that transportation isn't simply a means to an end, a "point A to point B" kinda thing, to just get YOU from someplace to someplace...... No, driving these monsters means not only are YOU traveling, but you're bringing an ***-whipping, if need be, you're bringing a weapon, a tool, a bulldozer or a dumptruck, whatever the situation calls for....about the only situation I've found that I can't respond to is to haul a buncha people (in seats/buckled in), lol.....damn truck's done everything thing else I've been presented with so far

Old 11-04-2014, 02:22 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
BB, I agree !!!
jonrjen where is your insurance from !!! I'm not far from you, but I am in the 'country'!

Dang, if'n I'd known you were paying half what we were for our 2 2013's I would have charged you more for the 5th wheel tailgate

Old 11-04-2014, 05:38 PM
jonrjen
Posting Guru
We are with Texas Farm Bureau. No, you don't have to own a farm or ranch, but you do have to be a member which is somewhere around $25 to $40 a year. They carry our autos, RV, Homes, Property, Umbrella and Farm/Ranch, all at great rates.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Dang, I reckon I have the same problem. Wife and I also have a 2014 Lexus LS 460, one of if not THE smoothest riding vehicles made.
And guess which I choose to drive on a daily basis? My wife like the sedan better, so it works out great for both of us.
I won't discuss my insurance costs as it is too stressful for me to contemplate.

I do have to hunt around a bit for a parking place and walk a mite further in town, but it is a small town and a small sacrifice.

Quick Reply: I HATE This Truck!!!