1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks
View Poll Results: Please choose one location for Truckstock 2015
The Ridges Resort & Marina- Hiawassee, Ga
33.33%
Fall Creek Falls State Park - Pikeville, Tn
66.67%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Truckstock 2015

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 10:44 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Truckstock 2015

2014 will soon be behind us and it's time that some of us began thinking about our plans for Truckstock '15. The first years events were held in September, and 2014 was changed to June, but a poll earlier this year showed that most members preferred September. Both DR Smith and myself have looked into places to host next years event and we have come up with two options. So we are asking you, the members to help decide which location we do this time.

Dave has found a great place in Hiawassee, Ga called The Ridges Resort & Marina The Ridges Resort & Marina | Hiawassee Hotels | Luxury Resorts In North Georgia Rooms would run about $140 a night with a hot Breakfast . They have fire pits by the water and places to sit . Also a private dinning room If we had enough interest , Restaurant on site , also boat and jet ski rentals . Great roads and good views.

I have picked Fall Creek Falls State Park Fall Creek Falls State Park ? Tennessee State Parks which is located about midway between, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga. The park has an INN which also has a restaurant which is open 7 days a week. They are willing to block off rooms for us and then individual reservations may be made. I was hoping for Sept. 11-13 but they have an event that weekend and the place is booked, so Sept. 18-20 would be our weekend. The rate with taxes for a room would be $99.24 (unless you are 62 or older, in which case it would be $89.32) They also offer a 10% senior discount in the restaurant for us guys as old as our trucks lol.
BTW, this park does also have 32 Cabins but they are 2 bedroom cabins sleeping 8-10 people that cost $110.00 a night ($10 extra per night Sat & Sun), and over 200 campsites.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:12 AM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harleymsn
2014 will soon be behind us and it's time that some of us began thinking about our plans for Truckstock '15. The first years events were held in September, and 2014 was changed to June, but a poll earlier this year showed that most members preferred September. Both DR Smith and myself have looked into places to host next years event and we have come up with two options. So we are asking you, the members to help decide which location we do this time.

Dave has found a great place in Hiawassee, Ga called The Ridges Resort & Marina The Ridges Resort & Marina | Hiawassee Hotels | Luxury Resorts In North Georgia Rooms would run about $140 a night with a hot Breakfast . They have fire pits by the water and places to sit . Also a private dinning room If we had enough interest , Restaurant on site , also boat and jet ski rentals . Great roads and good views.

I have picked Fall Creek Falls State Park Fall Creek Falls State Park ? Tennessee State Parks which is located about midway between, Nashville, Knoxville and Chattanooga. The park has an INN which also has a restaurant which is open 7 days a week. They are willing to block off rooms for us and then individual reservations may be made. I was hoping for Sept. 11-13 but they have an event that weekend and the place is booked, so Sept. 18-20 would be our weekend. The rate with taxes for a room would be $99.24 (unless you are 62 or older, in which case it would be $89.32) They also offer a 10% senior discount in the restaurant for us guys as old as our trucks lol.
BTW, this park does also have 32 Cabins but they are 2 bedroom cabins sleeping 8-10 people that cost $110.00 a night ($10 extra per night Sat & Sun), and over 200 campsites.
I'd definitely be up for Hiawassee, GA, and most likely up for TN. However, September is also the month my Fiero Club has it's "Run for the Hills." So, the week-end may be the same which would cause a dilemma for me. So, please weigh the votes of others more heavily than mine. BTW, Hiawasse is a beautiful location and has a Mexican Restaurant that I try to frequent every time through town.

Old 10-25-2014, 11:26 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts
If only one event were to materialize, I would opt for Fall Creek Falls SP so that will be my vote. I will attend both events if they come to fruition. IMO, the earlier the dates are set in stone, the better.
Edit: Perhaps there Is there enough interest for a spring and a fall event?

Old 10-25-2014, 11:35 AM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
Either date, either place works for me. Ray brings up an interesting point for us retired geezers; a guy could hit both on consecutive weekends.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:07 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by raytasch
Edit: Perhaps there Is there enough interest for a spring and a fall event?
That would work for me too!!

Old 10-25-2014, 07:22 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
I like both. Either one works great for me. I'm gonna show this to my wife and kids and let them choose which one they like best. I'll probably try to get my mom and dad to bring their Shoebox. That will allow my kids to come along. They were a big part of getting the Truckstock idea off the ground, and they were pretty disappointed when they didn't get to come along this year.

I will say this--forget the cabins. LOL. You guys proved to me back in June that you're not cabin type of people. Plus, the "cabins" shown in the Fall Creek website don't exactly look like "cabins" to me.

Joe, you should go spend a night at Fall Creek now, and give us a report. Dave, you should do the same with Hiawassee. Nothing beats looking at it in person. But they both look good and very comparable to Shawnee (or maybe better). Also pay attention to possible cruise routes nearby, and give us a report on that as well. The free hot breakfast at Hiawassee does help to equalize the prices of the two places. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Old 10-25-2014, 07:26 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
Doc, they don't show them but the "Landside cabins" at Fall Creek sound like what you'd expect. I'm going for a cabin!

Old 10-25-2014, 08:05 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Doc
I like both. Either one works great for me. I'm gonna show this to my wife and kids and let them choose which one they like best. I'll probably try to get my mom and dad to bring their Shoebox. That will allow my kids to come along. They were a big part of getting the Truckstock idea off the ground, and they were pretty disappointed when they didn't get to come along this year.

I will say this--forget the cabins. LOL. You guys proved to me back in June that you're not cabin type of people. Plus, the "cabins" shown in the Fall Creek website don't exactly look like "cabins" to me.

Joe, you should go spend a night at Fall Creek now, and give us a report. Dave, you should do the same with Hiawassee. Nothing beats looking at it in person. But they both look good and very comparable to Shawnee (or maybe better). Also pay attention to possible cruise routes nearby, and give us a report on that as well. The free hot breakfast at Hiawassee does help to equalize the prices of the two places. Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Shane, Patti and I have been trying to get a couple of days together to go to Fall Creek Falls, probably within the next two weeks we will go there and spend a night. Since my buddy Roger want's to join us, I am considering a landside cabin. The Fisherman's cabins are all 2 story with the bedrooms upstairs, so that would not work for me and the lakeside villa's are already booked solid. Patti suggested we take a bunch of pictures and post them to the Truckstock facebook page for everyone to see what it looks like.

Old 10-26-2014, 06:37 PM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Both places look great. Just hope we can actually make it.

Old 10-27-2014, 08:36 AM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts
Bump to the top.

Old 10-27-2014, 11:24 AM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
OK. I talked to my wife about attending one or both of these (if there are going to be two).

The response was not negative... but we'll see as next September gets closer.

The problem is we're taking a long road trip in July; CA to ND via AZ, NM, TX, OK, AR, TN, KY, MO, IA, MN, WI etc... so I don't know if a September trip can be arranged.

But "I" would really like to make it there...

Old 10-27-2014, 06:40 PM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
Either location sounds good to me. I would like to make it if possible.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:26 PM
DR Smith
Fleet Mechanic
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
not much interest in either place .

Old 10-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Jolly Roger Joe
Lead Driver
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by DR Smith
not much interest in either place .
I think the interest will build as the dates get closer and this thread gets bigger.

Old 10-29-2014, 03:55 PM
harleymsn
FTE Chapter Leader

Well, I have left the voting open for 30 days, so the folks still have another 26 days to vote. I will say that I was hoping to see more participation in the voting as we have at least 40 members that live within an 8 hr drive of either location.
Regardless of how many actually vote, one location will be selected before Thanksgiving so that Reservations can start being made early.

Quick Reply: Truckstock 2015