1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Title Help!!! Desperate

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 11:23 AM
Jim VA.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Title Help!!! Desperate

My pain in the butt State will not allow a( letter)of title from any other state to be used to get a new title. After all the labor and time into this project I cannot get it registered without a (Title). Would anyone out there have a Clear Title for a 54 that would be willing to SELL. I would even take a 53 or 55 PLEASE!! Jim VA.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:37 AM
sasha98
Junior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

Check with your state representative. I got the run-around in PA to re-title a car that was already in my name until I talked to the my state rep. Suddenly, I got my title with no questions.

Old 07-16-2003, 12:23 PM
ddurant
Senior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

Jim

i registered the truck in ga in va with only a bill of sale.

Old 07-16-2003, 04:20 PM
Jim VA.
Senior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

Dale; I have tried those lame brains in Richmond for about 8 1/2 weeks with one and one half lbs. of paperwork but to no avail! I have even gone and had a new bill of sale and a letter of title fron AL. and the still won't take it. Do you have a name of someone in Richmond or the DMV you used? Thanks Jim VA

Old 07-16-2003, 04:38 PM
phjbbu
Senior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

Jim, you'll need to educate us a bit...It makes no sense to me that a clean title (is it??) from anywhere in the US won't serve as proof that you have legal ownership of whatever property the title refers to. Obviously, in this case, you've got a vehicle. What I'm thinking you're saying is that VA has effectively prohibited anyone from purchasing a vehicle out of state and dragging it into VA for their use. I can't believe that's the case unless I'm missing something. Enquiring mind wants to know. I have no idea what you mean by a letter of title. The title itself is the only proof that matters. Got one of those?

Old 07-16-2003, 08:46 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Title Help!!! Desperate

phjbbu; It sounds as if Jim bought a truck with no title. Sounds like he has something referred to as a "Letter of Title", not an actual Title.

Jim, can't you just get a new title drawn up from whatever state your truck was bought from? Then you could take that title to the VA DMV for transfer. Also, the classic auto's can get certain breaks and considerations in VA. Have you notified the DMV that you are working with a classic auto?

Old 07-16-2003, 10:55 PM
55FordLover
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Title Help!!! Desperate

go to www.broadwaytitle.com they will give you a bill of sale from the state of Alabama and make sure you have the correct VIN that matches your vehicle...they will check the system to make sure...that was the only way that i could see my 55 when i had her :-( anyway....i know how VA is because i am from there also....that is why i am never coming back because they are so full of crap on a lot of things....

James
54 Ford F100 302/AOD
01 Ford Explorer XLT V6
01 Ford Supercrew XLT Triton

F-or
O-nly
R-eal
D-rivers

Old 07-17-2003, 06:54 AM
ddurant
Senior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

Jim

email me with your phone # .

Old 07-17-2003, 07:09 AM
FOWL1
Tuned
Title Help!!! Desperate

I live across the border in Maryland and I bought my '55 from an auction house and they didn't have a title to give me. They gave me a bill of sale and I took it to the DMV and paid the taxes and got a title. Maryland usually is not that easy to deal with, but if you've got a bill of sale, it should not be a problem. If you don't have a bill of sale, make one up and have a friend sign it. The DMV usually just needs something to cover their butt. They don't know if you got the truck from Mickey Mouse or John Smith. They probably don't care either. They just need to cover their butt! Also, if you call them on the phone and ask them questions, make sure you get the name of the person you're talking to. Ask them if you can come to their desk when you go in and take care of the paper work. I did this with a trailer that I didn't have a title to and declared it as a home made. The woman told me what I needed to do and to come see her. She took me ahead of everyone else in line and that was the smoothest transaction I ever had at the DMV. Worse comes to worse, cross the border and get a title in Md. and take it back to Va.

Old 07-17-2003, 01:15 PM
Jim VA.
Senior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

Guy's; You all are right! I am just so pi--ed off at the dumb DMV.I live in the woods in eastern VA. and the local dummy's can't handle the paper work,I am dealing with some other dummy in Richmond, When I bought the wreck of a 54F100 about 7 months ago,it was laying in a old pig barn for at least 15 years. The former owner was from California .and the old Cal.plate was still on the truck.All the paper work has long been gone.I do not know how to get all the paper work from Cal. I went as far as going thru a place in Louisina to get a (letter of title) for 180$ which the DMV will not axcept as proof of ownership. Are there any 54 Titles for sale out there? Thanks Jim VA ps,Dayrl I will e-mail you my #

Old 07-17-2003, 01:17 PM
Jim VA.
Senior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

That's Dale!! sorry Jim VA.

Old 07-17-2003, 02:21 PM
mr4speedford
Posting Guru
Title Help!!! Desperate

Jim, just thought I would throw out a sugestion. At many carshows, they have vendors that sell titles. I seen 'em at the goodguys show I was at. Too bad I didn't have your phone # or I would have called you to ask if you wanted one. Anyway's I'll keep my eye out for one. Later, -4speed

Old 07-17-2003, 02:28 PM
ddurant
Senior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

jim

email me with your ph # i have an idea that will work. it's just too much troble to type it out

thanks

Old 07-17-2003, 02:39 PM
Jim VA.
Senior User
Title Help!!! Desperate

Dale; I left you a message on your home # Jim VA.

Old 07-18-2003, 11:41 PM
gomez
New User
Title Help!!! Desperate

Hey Jim,
If nothing else works out I have an open Indiana title for a 54 that I'm using as a parts truck. I have zero use for it. Shoot me an email and let me know if you still need it and, if so, where to send it, glad to help anybody work around the dmv!
Cheers,
Bruce

Quick Reply: Title Help!!! Desperate