Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford F150 1997 in Brasil

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FtruckBrasil
is true that a time has cost $ 1,00 the gallon of gasoline?

what do you think the price of fuel in Brazil?

well is that the measures are different is there is here in liters and no gallon!

one gallon is 3.8 liters or 4 liters would almost $ 1,00 per liter the price of gasoline in your country!

diesel is cheaper, therefore almost all trucks are diesel!

the price of diesel with biodiesel would go down, but the price of soybeans has become impossible to make biodiesel!
Recently our gas prices have dropped significantly, at least on the mainland near where we live. Gas is averaging $3.25/gallon (2.08 Real/liter) with a lowest of $2.99/gallon (1.91 Real/liter). Diesel is an average of $3.65/gallon (2.34 Real/liter) with a lowest of $3.36/gallon (2.15 Real/liter). But as I said, the prices in the past couple weeks have dropped around 20%.

We live on an island. The gas tanker trucks are not allowed on the ferry boats. Therefore they have to take a private landing craft to bring gas here. Today our gas price was $4.04/gallon (2.59 Real/liter). I don't know what the diesel price is. We do have a company that sells Biodiesel, but again, I don't know what the price is.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:08 AM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Island Time
Recently our gas prices have dropped significantly, at least on the mainland near where we live. Gas is averaging $3.25/gallon (2.08 Real/liter) with a lowest of $2.99/gallon (1.91 Real/liter). Diesel is an average of $3.65/gallon (2.34 Real/liter) with a lowest of $3.36/gallon (2.15 Real/liter). But as I said, the prices in the past couple weeks have dropped around 20%.

We live on an island. The gas tanker trucks are not allowed on the ferry boats. Therefore they have to take a private landing craft to bring gas here. Today our gas price was $4.04/gallon (2.59 Real/liter). I don't know what the diesel price is. We do have a company that sells Biodiesel, but again, I don't know what the price is.
but this is price in all U.S ?

now here have the diesel S10 (is the diesel with low content sulfur ) i not remember the price !

the diesel there in your region is more expensive that the gasoline !

thinking good ,the price of disel in Brazil is not of the worst!

where is this island that you lives ?

Old 10-12-2014, 11:35 AM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Fuel prices in the USA Are highly regionalized. And yes, diesel is more expensive here than gas. I think it is because of taxes, but am not certain.

I live on an island of roughly 55 square miles (140 square km) up in the far northwest corner of the US in Washington State.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Puddy
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Here was BC in the summer

Right now it's about 1.14 a litre in Alberta

Attached Images  
Old 10-12-2014, 12:25 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Originally Posted by Puddy
Here was BC in the summer

Right now it's about 1.14 a litre in Alberta

a very good price!

here also has the ESSO gas stations!

Old 10-13-2014, 11:56 AM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
hello my Friends!

I wonder what is the best headlight rectangular miles to buy on ebay?

i want 4 rectangular mile light of long range !

Old 10-13-2014, 03:11 PM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is a great thread! I am glad I stumbled across it.

It is funny to me that we would all love to get the smaller diesel for our 1/2 ton trucks (F150) and in Brazil, they have never seen a diesel V8 in a truck the size of ours.

It is amazing how a line of trucks can bring so many people from different backgrounds, ways of life, and even countries together. Very, very cool!

I like the modifications you have made to your truck. What exactly is it that is prone to breaking on the Brazilian trucks?

Old 10-13-2014, 03:22 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic

It is funny to me that we would all love to get the smaller diesel for our 1/2 ton trucks (F150) and in Brazil, they have never seen a diesel V8 in a truck the size of ours.

It is amazing how a line of trucks can bring so many people from different backgrounds, ways of life, and even countries together. Very, very cool!

I like the modifications you have made to your truck. What exactly is it that is prone to breaking on the Brazilian trucks?
Very interesting read and yea seems only in America do we need fuel sucking 300hp "grocery getters" that 99% of the time have "zero load" and with only one person in em!

Old 10-13-2014, 06:46 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Originally Posted by DIYMechanic

Well it's the old story to your neighbor's grass is always greener!

like you liked the different models that have here in Brazil, we love the different models you got there in your country!

please do not stop writing me, I love writing in English, I think I will start a course in English language!

well you have enough choice of engines there in their country! and here they use engines that are used in delivery trucks, tractors .....

I would recommend for whoever economy: take a f150 4x2 put a cummins 4 cyl electronic and a ZF gearbox with overdrive 5th.

yours have much good choices for engines small :catterpilar, detroit, the tractor ford 4.4 turbo

even petrol being cheaper than diesel, the of small engine consumption would compensate!

only the performance of the truck will not be the same as a v8 powerstrock, but for use in the day to day would be very good!

in truth in Brasil have v8 engines but in old trucks in f100 have v8 gasoline in car ford Maverrick and others trucks at v6 diesel detroit and v8 , in truck Scania have more big diesel v8 that i saw !

today are rare the v8 engines at gasoline and the diesel also ! ( only in the scania )

in f1000 not have v8 of manufactures !

the problem in the chassi of f1000 is the Twist about the front of the chassis , and begins break the chassis around the power steering box,

The locked front chassis, solves the problem !

original front chassis not is locked !

Old 10-13-2014, 07:14 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Originally Posted by danr1
Very interesting read and yea seems only in America do we need fuel sucking 300hp "grocery getters" that 99% of the time have "zero load" and with only one person in em!
the only truck with more than 300hp in Brazil is the dodge ram 2500, but it is not made ​​here, it is manufactured in Mexico and brought to Brazil, is a very strong truck, but being imported, maintenance becomes almost impossible not exist wide variety the parts, and at 1 little accident with little damage already has to go stop the in junk!

The f250 and f1000 was the best trucks of Brazil ! will still leave plenty of nostalgia!

in here always used the small engines !

Old 10-13-2014, 09:04 PM
phoskins
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I really like the Brazilian truck photos you posted.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:23 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
Originally Posted by phoskins
Welcome to the forum. I really like the Brazilian truck photos you posted.

thank you ,if you want , i post more photos !

Old 10-13-2014, 09:31 PM
1993_f350_2013
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FtruckBrasil
thank you ,if you want , i post more photos !
More photos!

Old 10-13-2014, 09:41 PM
FtruckBrasil
Tuned
this truck is of my Grandfather :

f250 2004

Old 10-14-2014, 06:45 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are the roll bars required by law in Brazil or just a popular accessory that is included with most vehicles?

I am curious why it is that we do not have the same problems with the frames cracking in the US F150. I wonder if the frame and chassis are not the same? Or if the addition of the turbo diesel engine is somehow a part of the problem?

There is a growing interest in getting a small diesel in a F150 or smaller truck (Ranger) here in the US as well. In fact it is not uncommon to find either an F150 or a Ranger that has had a Cummins 4BT engine installed into it. The 4BT is used in many delivery trucks here in the US and is readily available. Replacement parts are easy to come by as well, so it is a logical choice for this kind of swap. There are no longer any small diesel trucks available for sale new except the new Dodge Ram 1500. Ford used to offer a Ranger diesel back in the 1980's as well, but those are not easy to find these days either. I would really love to have one if I could find one for a good price.

Quick Reply: Ford F150 1997 in Brasil