6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Remote access error code 00011000

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:37 AM
madsonp
Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Remote access error code 00011000

I've had the Ford Remote Access installed on my pickup for over a year now and it's worked great up until about a week ago when I changed cell phone providers from AT&T to Verizon. Now when trying to use the app I get the error code 00011000. I up-dated the app to reflect the new carrier but it still doesn't work. And yes, my subscription to the service is current. Any ideas of what I need to do to get this working again, with winter just around the corner I'd sure like to have this functional again. I figured I'd give the forum a shot before I resort going to the dealer.

Old 09-28-2014, 11:27 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Go back to AT&T.

Sorry couldn't resist that.

Could it be a residual memory in the truck that is not allowing it with the new carrier?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:43 PM
BMCM
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey madsonp, any resolution on your Remote Access issue?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:18 AM
madsonp
Originally Posted by BMCM
Hey madsonp, any resolution on your Remote Access issue?
Not yet, I called the help line and they told me to see my dealer, I haven't had a chance to go talk to them yet because of work.

Old 10-10-2014, 12:45 AM
BMCM
Junior User
Roger.. hope it gets worked out.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Brandon D
Lead Foot User
I know up here in Canada the remote access and remote access car starters will only operate on one carrier which happens to be the worst cell provider in Canada. I just looked into getting one installed and the first question from them was where I work. I told them and they told me not to bother because the necessary cell provider had little to no towers in the area. Hopefully you're able to switch providers down there and this issue isn't caused by the fact that you are no longer with AT&T?

Old 11-02-2014, 08:27 AM
rj5620
New User
This is an old thread with a current problem. I too have the error codes for Remote Access. Has not worked for a week. Have Verizon, iPhone 6 and 2013 F-150 Limited.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:16 AM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Try reinstalling the app plugged in to power and then hard restart the phone. This is done by holding the front and top power buttons until it completely shuts down. Then start it up and wait for it to fully load everything. This is a standard solution and is worth a try to erase old and new settings with the new ones. Hope it helps.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:36 AM
rj5620
New User
Originally Posted by mhoefer
Try reinstalling the app plugged in to power and then hard restart the phone. This is done by holding the front and top power buttons until it completely shuts down. Then start it up and wait for it to fully load everything. This is a standard solution and is worth a try to erase old and new settings with the new ones. Hope it helps.

Did the above, still get error. Will call Ford MYKEY tomorrow.

thanks

Old 11-02-2014, 10:53 AM
vermilian
Senior User
Originally Posted by madsonp
I've had the Ford Remote Access installed on my pickup for over a year now and it's worked great up until about a week ago when I changed cell phone providers from AT&T to Verizon. Now when trying to use the app I get the error code 00011000. I up-dated the app to reflect the new carrier but it still doesn't work. And yes, my subscription to the service is current. Any ideas of what I need to do to get this working again, with winter just around the corner I'd sure like to have this functional again. I figured I'd give the forum a shot before I resort going to the dealer.
Do you happen to have the part numbers for everything required to work?

Old 11-02-2014, 05:42 PM
rj5620
New User
It was dealer installed. Don't have any part numbers.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:55 PM
madsonp
Sorry about my delayed response but I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to address the issue until this week, with temperatures getting below zero I figured I better get this damn thing working. First of all like I mentioned in a previous post I called the help line and they told me to go see the dealer which I did the first part of this week, the dealer tried connecting to the system but was unsuccessful and referred me back to the help line. I called them again and he started out saying I needed to take it to the dealer, when I told him the dealer told me to call the help line he relented and attempted to help me to do some trouble shooting.
He started out trying unsuccessfully to connect to it, he then had me go to the truck to find the RMU which should have an amber LED light flashing on the unit. Looking at mine it was difficult to see the RMU, so I proceeded to pull it back out to get a better look at it. Once I got it pulled out, the LED would flash intermittently when I moved it around, the guy on the help line suspected that I had a bad RMU, however to me appeared to be the result of a loose connection of some sort by the way it acted when moving the wiring around, so I pulled the RMST module out also to check the wiring and connections, it was somewhere during this process that I lost contact with the help line (he either go tired of listening to me pulling the thing out and hung up on me, or I hit the wrong button on the phone and hung up on him). Anyway, wiggling the wires where the RMU plugs into the RMST module (white connector) the LED would work occasionally. I couldn't narrow it down to one specific wire, but what I did notice is when the connector was inserted part way into the RMST module, the LED would seem to work fine which made me to suspect the issue was with the connector itself.
So what I did was to slightly bend all the pins of the white connector on the RMST module itself thinking they might make a better overall connection, and then I plugged the RMU back into it and what do you know, it worked, the LED stayed on even when wiggling the wires to it, I then tested the system by using the app, to my delight the remote start and everything else worked like it's supposed to. I then reinstalled all the components and everything has been working fine ever since. So as it turns out, it wasn't the result of switching cell phone carriers that caused the problem, it just happen to be coincidental that it stopped working at the same time. I hope this helps anyone else having the same problem.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:58 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,417 Likes on 1,012 Posts
Thanks for reporting back. Glad you got it with those temps outside.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:19 PM
madsonp
Originally Posted by vermilian
Do you happen to have the part numbers for everything required to work?
This is what you need. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-STOCK-FACTORY-FORD-SMARTPHONE-REMOTE-START-STARTER-KIT-iphone-android-/350950539631?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b648416f&vxp=mtr
There's $49 annual subscription required also. Here's the installation instructions (they start out with the 2011-2013 Explorer but if you page through them you'll get to the Super Duties) http://www.fordservicecontent.com/fo...k3-15-2013.pdf

It's pretty simple to install but after you install it you have to have the dealer activate it for you.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:23 PM
madsonp
Originally Posted by senix
Thanks for reporting back. Glad you got it with those temps outside.
Boy you ain't kiddin there.

Quick Reply: Remote access error code 00011000