6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

What would you do ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 11:01 AM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts
Crud, I will need to replace the shocks on my new truck when it gets in.....
What shocks did you go with?

Old 09-16-2014, 11:57 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
real rancho 9000xl adjustables when they were on sale Rancho Suspension: SHOCKTOBER® PROMOTION

love 'em !

Old 09-16-2014, 12:05 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
That is what I have on my 2012 and I have been very happy with them as well. I will have to add that to the list of things for the new truck.....
Have a good one.
Pat

Old 09-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Rancho Suspension
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LabCab
Just an FYI, we do a Shocktober promo too!

Rancho Suspension: SHOCKTOBER® PROMOTION

Old 09-17-2014, 07:54 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,049 Likes on 1,616 Posts
Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
real rancho 9000xl adjustables when they were on sale Rancho Suspension: SHOCKTOBER® PROMOTION

love 'em !
I have them on my F-350 and Tow a 41+Ft 5th wheel with a pin weight of 4,380 lbs...........The shocks adjust for empty and Heavy.... No Better

Old 09-18-2014, 08:22 AM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Yes !! and if you don't get a chance to adjust them when you unhook, they still ride great set at 9
(bought the incab myRIDE system, but haven't installed as I am not real confident it will work given that rancho doesn't sell it anymore )

Please note, that although I tout Rancho's I have to be honest and add the caveat that they didn't honor the satisfaction guaranteed warranty on the set of rancho 5000's still sitting in my garage from a previous vehicle... Make me an offer and they are yours, may have been on that truck for 3 weeks tops before I swapped them out for 9000's (and it was not a daily driver)

Old 09-18-2014, 12:45 PM
LabCab
Laughing Gas
I see that the Shocktober promotion is back, but since my new truck rolled off the line on Tuesday the CFO will not approve new shocks for a truck we haven't driven yet..... I already have a pile of stuff for the new truck and have been told by the CFO NO more preordered stuff.... :-)

I may miss this promotion, but will catch the next one.
I will order the new canopy the day after I get the new truck.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
They do a 100 dollar gift card in the spring. I did it when I got my shocks in May.

Old 09-19-2014, 05:33 AM
ruschejj
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok, do the 9000 shocks have a loaded cartridge or are they neutral?

What I mean is, do you have to compress them in order to get them to get short enough to install? Are they hard to compress by hand in order to install them? I'm hoping y'all understand my question....

I've always used bilstein and they are strongly loaded, making it hard to compress for installation, which I really like.

I've wondered if the 9000 are neutral, as in, they don't extend by themselves, or, they don't require purple faced struggle to install.

I have a new truck on the way and you can bet the house that new shocks will be on it within a week.....gotta decide bilstein or 9000. Might get my first set of ranchos this time.

Old 09-19-2014, 07:15 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj

What I mean is, do you have to compress them in order to get them to get short enough to install? Are they hard to compress by hand in order to install them? I'm hoping y'all understand my question....

I've always used bilstein and they are strongly loaded, making it hard to compress for installation, which I really like.

I've wondered if the 9000 are neutral, as in, they don't extend by themselves, or, they don't require purple faced struggle to install.

I have a new truck on the way and you can bet the house that new shocks will be on it within a week.....gotta decide bilstein or 9000. Might get my first set of ranchos this time.
no special forces required..

fronts.. install the top first loosely, then lift the bottom..

Old 09-19-2014, 10:09 AM
Rancho Suspension
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
This right here.
Turn the **** too and it will slowly expand.

Originally Posted by sdetweil
no special forces required..

fronts.. install the top first loosely, then lift the bottom..

Old 09-19-2014, 08:27 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,049 Likes on 1,616 Posts
Originally Posted by ruschejj

The Rancho 9000's install very easy for me........

Old 09-19-2014, 11:01 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Mine arrived today. I will install next week, but I did pull one out of the box. They are very heavy construction, but didn't require any feat of strength to get it retracted once opened. I'm used to shocks shipping with some sort of wire strap keeping them compressed, so I was surprised that these didn't have that. Instead, I turned the bottom mount about 1/4 turn and it unlocked and then extended. After I compressed it back down, gave it another 1/4 turn twist in the opposite direction and it stayed locked. These look like a quality product and an easy install.

Old 09-20-2014, 03:19 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
ok, now that we've sold the Rancho's

I really pigeon holed the dealers rep asking him are you SURE it's tires ?!?
I don't want you throwing parts at it because you will be wasting money and it won't be MY money .
guess what - hr ordered and installed 4 brand new purty michelins and test drove it and said it's doing the same thing...
kudo's to them for not making me discover it's doing the same thing !

He's now asking what did I change... that the rear sway bar and shocks are not stock...
and tries to say it's the sway bar - wants to disconnect it to test it to and said that the sway bar doesn't allow the truck to move with the road !!!

I almost laughed at him and asked him if he knew how a sway bar worked ?!? but go ahead and try it to prove it to yourself - it is not the problem...

so then he suggested the shocks and I said those have been on there for 10k miles and the issue started when YOU changed the oil and rotated the tires last week - I mean it COULD be a coincidence, but it could also be cause and effect

So, he got me a rental and now they are road force balancing it...
I told him get the Ford engineers involved don't waste my time playing looksee...
so I'm in this econbox poc and waiting for next week....

good thing I've had them do ALL the work on my truck except teh shocks, they will be hard pressed to point fingers elsewhere

Old 09-21-2014, 01:49 AM
JKerrySchneider
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, you guys are breaking my heart here!!! More goodies to save for. CFO said, "Get a second job if you want any more toys!" --sigh--

Quick Reply: What would you do ?