Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

2014 ANNUAL KNOW IT ALL AND BS

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 03:50 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys, there isn't much to do now anyways. Thankfully he went in his sleep with no pains. He was relaxed in his bed at home. He died at (I think) 87 so he lived a long life. Yesterday was hard, I had to work shortly after hearing about it so it was difficult to concentrate. Tonight isn't as bad.

We knew it would happen we just didn't know how soon.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Krazee Matt
Logistics Pro
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Capt'n Phillips
Ya see Matt? That's the problem. A guy has to buy so many modes to make it work properly at the end of the day your just beatin a dead horse........ He told me that they were loosing 3 outta every ten blocks during the initial bore due to boring directly into the cylinders water jacket. Just one example of why GM ended up where they are today IMHO.
Capt'n
I remember reading about the dismal failure rate during manufacturing a few years back, it was appalling. And to be honest, other than aluminum heads and a fat-nasty Isky Mega 292 there isn't much beyond the normal bolt-ons that everybody else does to every other brand.

I love most all American muscle, but something about the classic Chevy's just works for me. And I've wanted a '71 Chevelle for 17 years since I was 11 - watched a big block Chev absolutely demolish a single-snail Mk4 Supra in a half-mile drag, and then continued to destroy everything else that weekend. I was sold, lol. Currently working on a 454-based 496 stroker using a Dart block (no more head bolts into water jackets, amidst many other improvements) and a few other goodies. Goal is 500rw HP&TQ, should be quite obtainable. Along with the Fast 2.0 EFI conversion and a built 4L80 w/ manual valvebody and a 2200 stall.

Originally Posted by GruesomeJeans
Thanks guys, there isn't much to do now anyways. Thankfully he went in his sleep with no pains. He was relaxed in his bed at home. He died at (I think) 87 so he lived a long life. Yesterday was hard, I had to work shortly after hearing about it so it was difficult to concentrate. Tonight isn't as bad.

We knew it would happen we just didn't know how soon.
Losing a loved one in the family is never easy. My mother-in-law passed a few years ago (unfortunately by her own doing) and it was rough, my wife still has a hard time with it from time to time - especially when we pass the place where,... yeah. Which is unfortunately, completed unavoidable.

I have a strong feeling that I'll be right in your shoes soon. My grandparents live in a different country and visit home in Texas during the winters. Due to being active duty, last month on leave was the first time I've seen them in almost 5 years, and the first time they've met their great-grand daughter. After seeing my grandpa in person, I know it's the last time I'll have seen him alive. Saying good-bye to come home was exceptionally difficult, as we both knew that it was the last time.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:24 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
It is tough. Last time we saw him was a few years ago at the Good Guys car show that is held at the Puyallup fairgrounds. He drove his truck from CA up here for the show.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Capt'n Phillips
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sad to hear the news about your gramps Dylan. I only can imagine what your going through since I never met or knew either of my grand fathers but lost my mother as soon as I moved back to the left coast a couple years ago. It hurts bad a first once it all hits you but, given enough time, the wound heals but does leave the scar of missing them for the rest of your born days. I guess love is like that. I think I speak for every one here when I say if there's anything any of us can do to help...just let us know. I can't think of any of us in here that wouldn't step up to the plate for ya.
Condolences to you and your family.
Capt'n

Old 03-06-2014, 02:31 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thanks a lot captn, I appreciate that. It does suck a lot, we lost our grandma a while ago. We knew this would happen, he was in the hospital a few months back and was diagnosed with leukemia. So we were expecting this, but we didn't know when. He was the one person we wanted to visit most as kids and I wish we could have visited more.

Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
So John (OddFord) had a pretty cool idea for having smaller meets in other areas for those who don't really make it to the monthly meets. ***HERE*** is a link, maybe some of you who are a bit farther north would be interested.

EDIT: Also, there is a Swap Meet going on this weekend on the 7th at the Puyallup Fair grounds. Here is the thread for those who haven't seen it yet.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...march-9th.html

Old 03-09-2014, 06:09 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
boo ya hello hello

Old 03-10-2014, 12:40 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Hey there Crash, how are them Shocks coming along?

So I happen to have a set of 4 rims, with old tires on them. 2 of the tires are "Drag Radials" and the other 2 are just old low pros. The rims are chrome, but dirty as all get up. They used to be on my Mustang but I removed them since I have no need. If I want to burn out, I'll do it on any set of tires vs slicks. And I don't have any plans to race any time soon so they are only taking up space.

Anyways, I've had an ad on CL for a while now and no bites. I figured I'd post here and ask if anyone wanted them. They could be used for studded tires or what have you. Of course, this would be posted in the Sale thread, but, these are not truck related parts... Anyways, if anyone is interested or has questions, my inbox is open!

Old 03-11-2014, 09:32 PM
crash1
Posting Guru
no shocks yet they haven't showed up

Old 03-12-2014, 12:17 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Ah are they normal sized or are the tubes and piston huge? I've never seen any before.

Old 03-13-2014, 01:10 AM
crash1
Posting Guru
shocks came ...coolness...lol.. yes big tubes

Old 03-13-2014, 01:54 AM
KegerChris
Freshman User
Been having fun with my truck. Swapped fuel filter, did the Hutch mod and the Harpoon mod on my 99... and ordered a DiabloSport tuner.

Odd thing - I had been staring at the truck out the window... yes, I'm that sad, but she is a beautiful truck... Anyway, I noticed the rear was lower than the front. Long story short, it looks like the P.O. had airbags on it, but he removed them before selling the truck. A-hole. There is literally half an inch between the bump stop and the rubber bumper. No wonder it rides so rough. It's missing a leaf too. The front has more leaves. /facepalm. Looks like I'm going to have to get airbags too.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:30 AM
oddfordjunkie
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry about your gramps Dylan, my family has horrible relationships so even though most of my grandparents are alive they have nothing to do with me, not sure if that's better or worse.

Anyone know of a cheaper place to get tires mounted and balanced in the Lacey area?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:21 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Thanks bud, we don't have good relations with my mom's side of the family, they don't really acknowledge us as family. However we were pretty close with my dad's side (the one who just passed) so it's been kinda rough. It'll get better with Time though we knew it was going to happen after he was in the hospital a while back.

Old 03-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
Apparently everyone is B.Sed out. Made a CL post the other day if anyone is interested in some truck parts ill give you a good deal.

Super duty, Superduty

Has anyone on here been imediately affected by the mud slide?

I also ordered some stuff from Horizon ford which came out to about the same as Rock Auto. Hope to install them Thursday or Friday weather permitting.

Quick Reply: 2014 ANNUAL KNOW IT ALL AND BS