1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Just installed! Stage 1 injectors and TS chip!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 05:26 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, fixin to purchase upgrades to match these injectors. Keep in mind, this is a daily driver. That occasionally does some towing. I run this truck 300 miles plus, at a trip. Suggestions? Runs good it seems now, smokes like all hell. But, I guess it's supposed to? Been trying to be light on the throttle, except for the occasional showin my buddy's what a good old ford can do. But for the most part, I've been takin it easy.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:42 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jchosler
yup, thats what mine are ^^^^^^^^^^

Gauges, exhaust, Intake is next if not done already

Gauges are on the way.
What about intake? Suggestions? Somebody mentioned Turbo upgrade? Wheel, or intire turbo?

4" exaust all the way back, no muffler? Or can I run a muffler with this setup?

I want it to last, its my mostly driven. So not too hot roddy, but if the injectors demand it, the so be it.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:52 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
6637 intake kit from Riffraff is a good priced intake that lots of us use.

You can run a muffler if you want, it's all your choice. Diamond eye makes a good kit with or without the muffler.

As for the turbo, S366 is a good turbo, but you need a mounting kit, intercooler, and electric fuel system. Not many options for a bolt on turbo besides the D66. Some people like that turbo, some not so much. I have no comment on it as I've never used it. If you don't hotrod around the stocker will last a while if its in decent shape.

Lots of ways to spend your money!

Old 09-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by 427 fordman

You can run a muffler if you want, it's all your choice. Diamond eye makes a good kit with or without the muffler.

As for the turbo, S366 is a good turbo, but you need a mounting kit, intercooler, and electric fuel system. Not many options for a bolt on turbo besides the D66. Some people like that turbo, some not so much. I have no comment on it as I've never used it. If you don't hotrod around the stocker will last a while if its in decent shape.

I heard that, I just thought I was done at $3774.00! LOL

I'll start looking into that stuff.

In what order, as the cash flow allows? Gauges>Intake> Exaust > Fuel Pump>Turbo>IC?

Old 09-04-2014, 07:06 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Ha! What do you have for a hpop? If you still have the stocker, you'll need to upgrade that soon too. T500 from terminator is what lots use.

It's all how much you want to spend. The first three you mentioned in that order are needed. HPOP would be next. That's probably a good order on the other things too, if you want to spend that much. The more supporting mods you have the more you will get out of your injectors.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:07 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Ha! What do you have for a hpop? If you still have the stocker, you'll need to upgrade that soon too. T500 from terminator is what lots use.

It's all how much you want to spend. The first three you mentioned in that order are needed. HPOP would be next. That's probably a good order on the other things too, if you want to spend that much. The more supporting mods you have the more you will get out of your injectors.

Its stock. These injectors and the chip is the first upgrade, this truck has ever had. Besides me driving it. LOL

Old 09-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru

What size exaust package? 4" or 5"? is there a difference in ease of installation? I'm looking at Summit Racing, Diamond Eye, like you suggested.. Thanks for all of your advice. I'm workin on it!

Old 09-17-2014, 10:12 PM
ReBilld
Hotshot
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Royson12
What size exaust package? 4" or 5"? is there a difference in ease of installation? I'm looking at Summit Racing, Diamond Eye, like you suggested.. Thanks for all of your advice. I'm workin on it!
I have the Diamond Eye 5". Get it from Clay at Riffraff! He will take care of you This is the system I got Diamond Eye 5" Aluminized Cat Back Exhaust W/ Muffler Delete - Riffraff Diesel Performance

Old 09-17-2014, 11:42 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Can I ask a question if the op doesn't mind?
Hypothetical question: if someone wanted to do sticks that'd be supported by gauges, exhaust, smf clutch, and a custom tuned TS; with no other turbo, HPOP, intercooler mods planned what would they be? If it's a can of worms forget I asked but if it's a pretty obvious choice I'm all ears..

Old 09-18-2014, 05:34 AM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Corey, without any of those mods you'd for sure not want to go bigger than stage ones. And they won't be near full potential without supporting mods.

Like Bill said, Clay at riffraff has exhaust also, and is a site sponsor, so check his site out. 4 inch is a little easier to install. 5 inch, I'm not positive that the spare will fit without some work. I run a diy 4-5 inch downpipe and a 5 inch exhaust. My spare is in the box.

Old 09-18-2014, 07:10 AM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Corey, without any of those mods you'd for sure not want to go bigger than stage ones. And they won't be near full potential without supporting mods.

Like Bill said, Clay at riffraff has exhaust also, and is a site sponsor, so check his site out. 4 inch is a little easier to install. 5 inch, I'm not positive that the spare will fit without some work. I run a diy 4-5 inch downpipe and a 5 inch exhaust. My spare is in the box.
Gotcha.. Just so were on the same page tho; when you say, "without any of those mods" your referring to HPOP, turbo, and intercooler correct?

Old 09-18-2014, 02:44 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by coreyallan01
Gotcha.. Just so were on the same page tho; when you say, "without any of those mods" your referring to HPOP, turbo, and intercooler correct?
Yep. Each one will help. With a bigger hpop, you'll be feeding them a steadier full supply of oil. The stock 15 won't fully supply them. With a turbo upgrade, you'll get more yet out of them. The intercooler will help you to use the power more as it will keep the egt's down.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:25 PM
coreyallan01
Fleet Mechanic
Yep. Each one will help. With a bigger hpop, you'll be feeding them a steadier full supply of oil. The stock 15 won't fully supply them. With a turbo upgrade, you'll get more yet out of them. The intercooler will help you to use the power more as it will keep the egt's down.
I'm hearin that, I knew those 3 components would be limiting factors; what I really wanted to know was would it even be worth doing injectors if you aren't planning in doing the 3.. Like, is it almost wasting cash because you wouldn't be getting nearly close to their potential?

Old 09-18-2014, 03:53 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by coreyallan01
I'm hearin that, I knew those 3 components would be limiting factors; what I really wanted to know was would it even be worth doing injectors if you aren't planning in doing the 3.. Like, is it almost wasting cash because you wouldn't be getting nearly close to their potential?
No, it's not a waste if you aren't doing the others anyway. It will still REALLY wake the ol truck up even with the rest stock. IF you tow very heavy though, that 15*pump and no intercooler won't be your friends. The stock turbo in good shape will last a long time with ones as long as you aren't constantly racing/hotrodding with it.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:12 AM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
No, it's not a waste if you aren't doing the others anyway. It will still REALLY wake the ol truck up even with the rest stock. IF you tow very heavy though, that 15*pump and no intercooler won't be your friends. The stock turbo in good shape will last a long time with ones as long as you aren't constantly racing/hotrodding with it.
Bu bu bu there are so many cumaparts needing shown how lovely obs tail lights truly are!

Quick Reply: Just installed! Stage 1 injectors and TS chip!