1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

66 Resto Mod

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 12:13 AM
Sooners01
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in Portales NM but my parks truck is in Washington, OK. Makes for a fun time but we travel there often. The one I have is a long bed and it's straight. The floor needs a lot of work. I'll see if I can't get a picture of it on here tomorrow.

She looks great man. I can't wait to have mine back from the shop. Having a new windshield put in. Vent windows will be next and some motor work. Have an oil leak somewhere, hoping it's an easy fix.

Old 05-04-2015, 01:05 PM
rcb5
Junior User
Originally Posted by Sooners01
I'm in Portales NM but my parks truck is in Washington, OK. Makes for a fun time but we travel there often. The one I have is a long bed and it's straight. The floor needs a lot of work. I'll see if I can't get a picture of it on here tomorrow.

She looks great man. I can't wait to have mine back from the shop. Having a new windshield put in. Vent windows will be next and some motor work. Have an oil leak somewhere, hoping it's an easy fix.
I'm in duncan OK. Boomer sooner!

Old 05-04-2015, 03:47 PM
Jeff Ranger
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Decided I was going to paint the Roll Pan to match then decided to just paint the whole rear.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:28 PM
rcb5
Junior User
Originally Posted by Jeff Ranger
Decided I was going to paint the Roll Pan to match then decided to just paint the whole rear.

I painted my jeep with rustoleum satin black turned out pretty good

Old 05-05-2015, 12:00 AM
DoubleOh7
Senior User
Lot's of painting going on these days. It's good to have sameness!

I'm very impressed with the results using Rustoleum as well. I wet sanded mine tonight and gave it a second coat. Rivals some of the better Maaco jobs I've seen. And I've painted 3 cars with 7777 Satin Black so far and al of them are holding up very well so far! One I did 10 years ago.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:42 PM
Sooners01
New User
Originally Posted by rcb5
I'm in duncan OK. Boomer sooner!
Boomer Sooner Buddy!

Old 05-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Sooners01
New User
The bed you have on it doesn't look bad at all. Got mine back from the shop yesterday. New windshield, seals on front and back. Going to do the door strips and vent windows myself and tear into the motor a bit. Have an oil leak to find.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Jeff Ranger
Tuned
Originally Posted by Sooners01
The bed you have on it doesn't look bad at all. Got mine back from the shop yesterday. New windshield, seals on front and back. Going to do the door strips and vent windows myself and tear into the motor a bit. Have an oil leak to find.

Could of swore i responded to this. The bed isnt bad at all, its the front (right behind the cab) is bent in like crazy to the point its touching the cab. Thats all i need other then some floor patching

So I didnt accomplish anything this weekend but i did drive the truck a bunch. First I made a mistake, I put mid grade gas in, so its been running rough ever since. So that stinks but otherwise it was great. Drove it to a drive in, and had a good time until i realized the new headlight setup needs major adjustment. Could barely see in front of me so i need to fix that

Old 05-12-2015, 07:19 AM
Jeff Ranger
Tuned
Forgot to mention I had steering problems. Every time i would turn it was binding up and getting stuck for a second. I thought it was an issue with the PS box but i was happily wrong.

A set screw was binding against the outer shaft since the firewall bracket is not the power. To resolve the issue i just did some grinding to the outer shaft to allow the set screw to move freely at the top. The inside bracket was also missing the top two bolts so i drilled the holes out and out to big screws in. Not sure thats going to help it stay put or not but i thought it was needed. Then i hit it with some rustoleum because i dont like exposed bare metal.

Old 05-19-2015, 07:30 AM
Jeff Ranger
Tuned
Well i received my clifford intake it became very apparent that i needed headers. There is no connector to the exhaust manifold so i ordered these (HEADER - STAINLESS STEEL - 66-74 FORD BRONCO / 61-66 FORD EXCONOLINE L6 144 / 170 / 200 Cu.In.) after a guy on the slick 60s FB said he got a set from these gusy for his v8. Figured for the price they are worth a shot. Plus i like they have downpipes so it should be easy to install without having to life the engine or remove the starter

Old 05-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Jeff Ranger
Tuned
Well the headers dont fit! So i will be sending them back.

SO got started on the drivers floor pans this weekend. Cut out the mount bolt, got to use my ebay plasma cutter and it worked great for a bit then just stopped. Come to find out it has a 20 min duty cycle so i have to test it some more to see if it will work again. So eitherway didnt get much done other then a good amount of cut out, just not as much as i wanted

Old 06-15-2015, 05:40 PM
Jeff Ranger
Tuned
It has begun. Finished cutting out the floor and cab support. Then removed the fiberglass i found next to it...ugh and surprise surprise..Rust and rut. So i welded that up and made a patch. Patched it and that was pretty much today. Tomorrow...I try to start getting everything in place for the floor and cab mount

Old 06-16-2015, 04:33 PM
Jeff Ranger
Tuned
Well other then blowing up my angle grinder things went pretty well today. Got a little metal cut out, fitted, and welded in the cab mount and test fitted the floor. Just need to grind some before i put it in

Old 06-17-2015, 02:12 PM
Jeff Ranger
Tuned
Another day and i got the floor almost completely welded in. Their is a hole i have some flat stock to fix at the back but thats pretty much it. I coated most of it with rustoleum so i can seam seal it tomorrow. Would of finished but ran out of weld wire...blah

Old 06-17-2015, 07:45 PM
DoubleOh7
Senior User
Looking good! No more brakes now though. Oh, wait, that was the Flintstones-mobile. You're probably OK.

Quick Reply: 66 Resto Mod