Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-24-2014, 09:41 AM
Freshman User

Grosjo is starting off with a positive reputation.
F-250 coil springs stiffness difference

Hello to all
I want to know how much of a difference there should be in stiffness from a 6.2 gasser camper package front coil springs and a 6.7 standard coil springs.

This question is that I am still looking at putting a Rancho RS6525b 2.5" kit but the recommended RS800118 gasser springs are no longer available.But the diesel ones are no problem to get.

Jo
Old 08-26-2014, 11:15 PM
New User

skanj0 is new and has a neutral reputation at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosjo View Post
Hello to all
I want to know how much of a difference there should be in stiffness from a 6.2 gasser camper package front coil springs and a 6.7 standard coil springs.

This question is that I am still looking at putting a Rancho RS6525b 2.5" kit but the recommended RS800118 gasser springs are no longer available.But the diesel ones are no problem to get.

Jo
Yes, the coil rates selected for gas motor trucks are generally 2 levels lower than with a Diesel engine. With the kit you mention, it would be a little stiffer with a gas motor. Personally I think these trucks are under sprung anyway, so I would go ahead with it.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:24 AM
9 ECHO 1

A/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputationA/Ox4 has a superb reputation
I'm confused. Why cant you just get a kit that matches what your truck already has?
- Trey PAA Member #110
2002 F250 XLT CrewCab Short Bed 4x4 7.3L
My How-To Video Library
SoCal Chapter Member (Join us HERE)
Old 08-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Posting Guru

MC5C has a very good reputation on FTE.MC5C has a very good reputation on FTE.MC5C has a very good reputation on FTE.
Here is the note from the body builders guide:

NOTE: The standard front spring/GAWR on Pickup models is computer-selected based on the total front weight of options ordered. Front spring/GAWR upgrades
are in increments of 150 lbs. on 4x2 models with spring ratings from 3650 lbs. to 4850 lbs. and in increments of 400 lbs. on 4x4 models with spring
ratings from 4000 lbs. to 6000 lbs. Certain option packages include the following front spring/GAWR upgrades: Heavy Service Suspension Package and
Heavy Service Package For Pickup Box Delete — Front springs/GAWR will be selected 1 upgrade higher than standard computer selection; Camper Package
— Front springs/GAWR will be selected 2 upgrades higher than standard computer selection on 4x2 models and 1 upgrade higher than standard computer
selection on 4x4 models; Snowplow Package — Front springs/GAWR is assigned or specifically selected as shown in the chart above. Front spring/GAWR
upgrade is not included if the maximum front spring has been computer-selected as a consequence of options ordered.

The guide is available here; http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...bodybuild.html

You download the PDF file for the F series Superduty, and the spring rates are on page two. There are at least 15 different springs available. I'm going to guess that your aftermarket supplier ignores that and sells a single spring rate for everything.

Brian
Old 08-27-2014, 08:10 AM
Freshman User

Grosjo is starting off with a positive reputation.
No gasser springs available

Quote:
Originally Posted by A/Ox4 View Post
I'm confused. Why cant you just get a kit that matches what your truck already has?
Rancho is no longer offering coil spring for 6.2 gas Super Duty.At least from what I understood.

Thanks for all the replies.

Jo
Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Senior User

BossGasser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.BossGasser is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Go elsewhere. Screw them.
Order parts from a local shop.
Last time I went to the part shop I met a guy that had a flat fender Willy's like my Dad had.
It was fun!
Old 08-27-2014, 02:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty