6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Torque Pro app - installing and using

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 06:15 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I have Torque on my phone, the ones in Green are the ones I can add.... if I am right? ABS is there but not Green.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, when key is on, bright green ones are able to be read via OBD port.

you're right, it wont do ABS.

Old 09-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
I just threw it out there and another thing mine will say (Android Only) or something to that fact.... Not a pro on this at all, just have my important ones

Old 09-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Redrkt
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Money-Pit
This is the Delta gauge pid info. This gauge tells you the difference between oil temp and coolant temp. You have to create this gauge, as it is not a standard gauge in TP at this time.

On main Torque Pro page, click on your Android menu button (on "most" android devices, it is the button left of your home button)

Click settings

Click "manage extra pids / sensors"

Click your Android menu button again

Click "add custom pid"

A caution message "may" come up..if it does, click OK

The OBD2 PID editor will be shown, fill in each item as shown in picture below

When done, there should be a save/OK or similar button at bottom....click it to save the delta gauge.
What is the PID header for this one? thank you please

Old 09-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Money-Pit
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Redrkt
What is the PID header for this one? thank you please
Leave the PID header blank for Delta gauge. Just enter what is in the screenshot

Old 09-16-2014, 08:23 PM
Redrkt
Senior User
Ok, that is what I did, just wanted to double check.

Old 09-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Redrkt
Senior User
do have another question.
On my Emissions Readiness screen, it shows that the EGR test is incomplete, what does it mean by that? If you don't know that is ok I will ask on the Torque FB page

Old 09-16-2014, 11:25 PM
73fan
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckingBill
Anyone here know if Torque Pro will read ABS code? I have a vehicle that ABS kept coming on along with service light then goes off.

I know it one of the ABS sensor wiring getting ready to break off because it common defect on this vehicle and need to get a reading to determine which wheel is it this time.

Bill
On some trucks it does, but not all. On my dad's 06 6.0 it shows ABS wheel speed 1,2, and 3. (Since both rear wheels are one sensor) But on my 03 it does not read any wheel speed sensor data.

Sent from Nexus 4. IB AutoGroup

Old 09-17-2014, 01:58 AM
Redrkt
Senior User
another thing to look into for Torque is the Torque Theme app, which allows you to change themes and colors in Torque about $3 on Google Play.

you can also change the style of gauges that are displayed

Old 09-20-2014, 10:14 PM
TruckingBill
Freshman User
It won't read ABS fault codes, my car ABS light came on and torque pro was not able to read the fault code on ABS however the reader at auto zone could read the code which was ABS sensor.

Bill

Old 09-21-2014, 10:48 AM
wy4525
Junior User
Did any of you guys using the Torque Pro app have a ScanGauge II before? If so is the Torque Pro app a million times better? Can you piggy back them? Forgive my ignorance this is my first time seeing this Torque Pro app and I am very curious.

Old 09-21-2014, 11:18 AM
KDAVID1
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wy4525
Did any of you guys using the Torque Pro app have a ScanGauge II before? If so is the Torque Pro app a million times better? Can you piggy back them? Forgive my ignorance this is my first time seeing this Torque Pro app and I am very curious.
Can't piggy back since both use the obdii port.
I'm like you kinda. I have the torque pro on my tablet and phone but not using them yet--waiting to get the adapter. Using the scan gauge now. One thing like on the torque is on my tablet (7") I have 6 gauges up at once versus 4 and with just a swipe have another 6 and another and another--6 screens worth

Using IB AutoGroup

Old 09-21-2014, 11:27 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by wy4525
I have both. I did the SGII first, then moved to the Torque APP when I found it.

The Torque APP pro does a better job scanning for codes. If you have a code, your phone can then do a search for what the code means.

SGII suffers scanning for codes, but, it is faster on the initial link up. That is how I found my weakening FICM. My FICM would start at 35 then go to 48 in ten seconds or so. The Torque APP and other bluetooth devices take some time to link up and thus miss that kind of issue.

The Torque APP can have more gauges running on the screen than the SGII. And with the flick of a finger, move to yet another screen with more gauges.

Funny thing though. My SGII I use daily. It stays set up in the truck. I don't have to set it up every time I start up. Like I do with the Torque APP.

Over all? The Torque APP gives you more.

And, you can't piggy back these things. They conflict with each other.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:10 PM
wy4525
Junior User
Ok, and this is a great write-up Money-Pit! It would be nice to be able to look at 6 gauges vs. 4 at one time. I am certainly going to look into this. On the piggy backing, I saw that money-pit had both of them listed in his sig. and I wasn't sure if there was an adapter that you could get both of them going at once, but it makes sense that they would conflict with each other, especially if for some weird reason you were trying to monitor the same thing on both the scangauge and torque pro. Thanks for straightening me out on that.

Old 09-21-2014, 12:53 PM
Redrkt
Senior User
Originally Posted by KDAVID1
Can't piggy back since both use the obdii port.
I'm like you kinda. I have the torque pro on my tablet and phone but not using them yet--waiting to get the adapter. Using the scan gauge now. One thing like on the torque is on my tablet (7") I have 6 gauges up at once versus 4 and with just a swipe have another 6 and another and another--6 screens worth

Using IB AutoGroup
If you go into the settings you can increase or decrease the number of screens that you have ( up to 15) which allows you to have even more customization.

Quick Reply: Torque Pro app - installing and using