1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Every system is failing - Dealer says PCM

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:32 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bottom line.....if you have strange and wonderful things happening, look for bad grounds or low voltage. No matter if its a Ford, Dodge, Chevvy, Subaru, OR TOYOTA!

Old 09-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Dbolding
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks as though I have figured out root cause, I will be taking it back to the dealer this week. Any time the problem happens, I set the emergency brake and then release it. As soon as I release the brake, all of the warnings go away and the truck returns to a normal working state.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:02 PM
vloney
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dbolding
It looks as though I have figured out root cause, I will be taking it back to the dealer this week. Any time the problem happens, I set the emergency brake and then release it. As soon as I release the brake, all of the warnings go away and the truck returns to a normal working state.
There's a handful of grounds by the e-brake behind the kick panel. I'd start there.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:28 AM
OldHat
Freshman User
Originally Posted by 05F250DSL
It is a know. Fact that the charging sys outs out very little amperage to charge a battery at idle and ideally 1800-2200rpms gets the juice flowing.
Can you please translate this? I'm genuinely interested but my brain cannot connect the dots on that sentence.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:29 AM
OldHat
Freshman User
Yes, please keep us posted on what you find was the ultimate root cause. Thanks for posting!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 AM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 337 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by speakerfritz
keep us posted.....ford service has staff pulling these issues off the various forums to reduce public awareness of current production problems.

keep the pressure on them and keep this in public light.
A large car manufacturer stiffing a customer....NEVER

Those new trucks are nice....really nice but I will keep my finely running 6.0 thank you!

Old 09-03-2014, 10:02 AM
joe blow
Cargo Master
Received 337 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by OldHat
Yes, please keep us posted on what you find was the ultimate root cause. Thanks for posting!
"I think he was trying to say "Get to the choppppah!"-

Old 10-03-2014, 09:13 AM
Dbolding
New User
The truck ended up being in the shop for about 9 days. They pulled the dash apart checked all the wires / connections and "found nothing". I have not experienced the problem again after getting the truck back and I have had it for about 3 weeks now

Old 10-03-2014, 10:26 AM
je5
Senior User
If it has the original battery in it, they did not have to change it, that is a sad story for a new truck.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Grizzly4x4
Tuned
While not new anymore, my truck was throwing all kinds of codes a couple months ago. Ended up being that the terminals on the battery had corroded on the inside where I couldn't see it. It'd be something quick to check if it hasn't been already.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:12 PM
KellyfromVA
Senior User
Sitting idle not idleing. I drove home parked in the driveway and did not go back out until the next day, that was the first one.
Wait, I'm still confused. Why would you leave your truck idling unattended for 3 hours, let alone 14??

Old 10-03-2014, 04:14 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by KellyfromVA
Wait, I'm still confused. Why would you leave your truck idling unattended for 3 hours, let alone 14??
Do that in Tacoma WA and they will give you a ticket.
Not for air pollution but for theft risk.

Sean

Old 10-03-2014, 04:27 PM
Cdashner
New User
Originally Posted by KellyfromVA
Pretty sure he meant it was just sitting in the driveway, not on, not running. Just sitting there doing nothing.

"Sitting Idle" to me means sitting around not doing anything

"Idling" means sitting there running at an idle not doing anything

Old 10-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Dbolding
New User
Correct, I did not leave the truck idling; I left it idle.
After the last trip to the shop, I had my truck for about three weeks with no issues. Then, It started happening again. I have now ween it 5 times in 2 weeks.

The dealership believes it to be an issue with the cluster and they want to replace the entire thing. I am not sure I believe it but I will be taking it back to them and letting them do their thing

Old 10-20-2014, 05:51 PM
dband
New User
Correct, I did not leave the truck idling; I left it idle.
After the last trip to the shop, I had my truck for about three weeks with no issues. Then, It started happening again. I have now ween it 5 times in 2 weeks.

The dealership believes it to be an issue with the cluster and they want to replace the entire thing. I am not sure I believe it but I will be taking it back to them and letting them do their thing

Hi Dbolding!

Looks like we are having the same problem. I started a thread here a while back, 3 tow-ins later, problem still not solved. Truck has been in the shop for just over a week now on round 3:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...th-errors.html

My dealership/service center are having a Ford Tech come in and see if he can find the problem.

I'll be updating that thread once they've *hopefully* found the cause. Maybe the solution can be of some use for your team.

Quick Reply: Every system is failing - Dealer says PCM