Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Hood

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 04:54 PM
GNR22
Fabri-cobbler
Received 515 Likes on 340 Posts
As crude as you guys think Brad sounds, he's dead right.

Why would you want to use sub-par parts when there are better options available?
Also, saying that not everybody can afford the highest quality parts is foolish. You can afford anything, some people just have to save up longer than others.

jbgmachine, if you're interested in a cowl hood, check this thread out, you can make one yourself.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...with-pics.html

Old 09-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Jaime74656
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
time to with in, as for the hood, I do like it (may look into one) but personally I don't think they will help in any fashion as the area above the hood is more or less a "dead air" zone so any ram air hoods won't really do much except for looks honestly. If you like the style go for it!

as for the Bronco if its a same model year body style as the 92-95, 96/97 HD trucks (not sure what year ranges for broncos would qualify) you should be good to go as far as bolt on abilities….

anyways shop around and enjoy your truck thats what I do

Old 09-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
Have you ever used any of our products before?

We stand behind the quality and fitment of all of our products but you are correct when saying they do not come paint ready. They come with a black primer finish that will have to be removed then sprayed with a paintable primer and then painted like normal.
Yes, I have and they are JUNK.

Originally Posted by Island Time
Is your comment based on first hand experience? Believe it or not, your cherished Cervini brand isn't the only company on the face of the earth that makes quality products. You have a lot of knowledge and experience but your attitude that any brand other than the ones you use are crap wears a bit thin.

Edited to add: You also need to be aware that not everybody can afford the highest quality parts. Sometimes people need to make due with lower priced parts just to keep their vehicle running and on the road.

Yes, FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE. I am lucky enough to have the ability to do body work(unlike many) which saves me A LOT of $$$$ in labor and material

Now for "not everybody can afford the highest quality parts"
Fine, you " can't " afford to buy a cervini hood.

Go spend $499 on the POS hood + freight. See it fits like crap and have to pay the freight to return it.

OR.....

Pay a body shop to "fit " it at $50+ and hour. Then paint the hood. Then STILL NOT BE PLEASED with how it turned out.

I am sorry, but I do NOT have money to throw away like that. I have LEARNED from my mistakes and it would behoove you to learn from them as well.

So I will put it this way and maybe you can understand it.

If you can't afford to do it RIGHT, then you REALY can't afford to do it a second time.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Island Time
Laughing Gas

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GNR22
Why would you want to use sub-par parts when there are better options available?
Also, saying that not everybody can afford the highest quality parts is foolish. You can afford anything, some people just have to save up longer than others.
Saving up longer is only an option if you don't need the truck to get to work everyday.

Obviously a hood doesn't fall into that category. But if a guy is short on money and willing to take the time to clean it up in order to get it to look half decent, why not.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:56 PM
LLAMASvsROBOTS
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GNR22
As crude as you guys think Brad sounds, he's dead right.

jbgmachine, if you're interested in a cowl hood, check this thread out, you can make one yourself.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...with-pics.html
Dude that hood looks great! Nice work!