Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

2014 Okie GTG - Saturday, Sept 13th

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 03:15 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 Okie GTG - Saturday, Sept 13th

Guys - This is a reminder that the GTG is one month away from today - Sept 13th. But, it is also going to be a swap meet. Go to this thread to read about it in the 80/86 forum.

If you are coming and need directions please PM me as I don't want to advertise where I live to the lurkers.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Offer

Here's an offer from David/1986F150six:
Years ago, I discovered an old van behind what had been a rural Ford dealership from the 50's to the 80's and then closed. The original owner's two sons still own the place and allowed me to explore. In the van were many hub caps, most NOS which unfortunately were exposed to the elements for way too long. The sons told me that when new vehicles were delivered, the hub caps were inside the vehicle, to be installed after delivery. Their dad [the dealership owner] would often upgrade to full wheel covers for additional profit and the dog dish hubcaps would be placed in a box [to be found 50 years later, by me].

I retrieved a number of boxes and have some really "rusty/crusty" dog dish caps from the 1955, 1956 and 1957 era.

Gary guessed at how many attendees there might be, so I plan to bring an appropriate number of hub caps. Please bring a license plate [the older the better!] and let's swap. If you cannot bring a plate, then I will still give you the hub cap and you can hang it in your "man-cave"!

Old 08-15-2014, 01:12 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a race that weekend, it's the last weekend for the bracket series I race in.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:15 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Bummer!

Old 08-17-2014, 08:44 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess this is a northeastern OK meet? I came up to one around '06, it was a good time. Wish I could make another, I'll see what I can do. I'm actually one of the FTE Central OK meet coordinators. A few years ago, we had a bunch of good meets at different locations, but only a handful of us actually attended regularly. It would be cool to do again sometime.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:13 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by SwOkcOffRoader
I guess this is a northeastern OK meet? I came up to one around '06, it was a good time. Wish I could make another, I'll see what I can do. I'm actually one of the FTE Central OK meet coordinators. A few years ago, we had a bunch of good meets at different locations, but only a handful of us actually attended regularly. It would be cool to do again sometime.
No, it isn't a NE OK meet, for several reasons. First, I'm the FTE OK chapter leader and am billing it as a state-wide meet. And this will be probably the fourth state-wide meet I've held. But, I didn't even know there were "meet coordinators" in OK. When FTE recruited me to be the chapter leader they didn't say anything about there being other Okies involved in any coordination. So, I'm thrilled to find that there are others who have designated roles in coordination. Do you know who else has a role? And what does your role constitute? And who "crowned" you? I ask in order to find all the players that I've not known about, so please forgive my questioning.

Second, it isn't a NE gig since we've had several folks from all over Oklahoma to previous meets, inc some from OKC on multiple occasions. Further, we've had Chris/ctubutis, the moderator, to several (3?) previous ones and he's from Denver. And this time we have one from MS that will be here and two from southern KS that plan on it.

Having said all that, I hope you can make it. I'd sure like to meet you and talk about coordination - as well as trucks.

Old 08-17-2014, 11:27 AM
SwOkcOffRoader
Postmaster
Years Back when Stan (Traxxis) was chapter leader, we had a series of votes including area coordinators, chapter logo, and probably other things. I'm sure it's still in here somewhere. Myself and a another central member (ranger240) were appointed as OKC meet coordinators since we both showed interest. He sold his Ford and hasn't been on much since. I obviously haven't been active much either, and really don't expect to still have that role. I still have Ford trucks, not the same ones, but still Fords. Lol. I'm Glad to hear its being geared statewide. Hopefully it keeps on growing.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:19 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
I do hope you can come on the 13th. I'd like to meet you as well as talk about what has been done, what's worked, etc.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Mustangking1
Senior User
Originally Posted by SwOkcOffRoader
If there were Meets near Okc I would go lol.

Old 09-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Organize one. I did it for years before I became the chapter leader.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Mustangking1
Senior User
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Organize one. I did it for years before I became the chapter leader.
Lol I don't know how many people would actually show up for something a 16 year old organized.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
If I'm available I'd come. And there are some OKC-area members that might as well.

Old 09-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Mustangking1
Senior User
If I'm available I'd come. And there are some OKC-area members that might as well.
Alright, I will make a post on the ok chapter soon about it.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
I suggest doing it some time in the future. Actually, Spring would be good as mine is always in the Fall. That way they'd be roughly 6 months apart and some of the guys that come to this one would be ready to come to yours.

Old 09-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Mustangking1
Senior User
I suggest doing it some time in the future. Actually, Spring would be good as mine is always in the Fall. That way they'd be roughly 6 months apart and some of the guys that come to this one would be ready to come to yours.
sounds good I will look at starting something around April.

Quick Reply: 2014 Okie GTG - Saturday, Sept 13th