1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Slick Sixties Ford Truck

CAMPERSPECIAL65 WHERABOUTS??

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:09 PM
1964FORDTUF
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation CAMPERSPECIAL65 WHERABOUTS??

Hey CS65....please send PM or e-mail....anxiously awaiting shipping info on that grille...thanks!!

Old 08-13-2014, 03:20 PM
Shadowrider123
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My advice is not to get in a hurry. He does things on his own time.

I mailed him a M.O. on the 21st. PM'd him on the 25th, 30th, and 6th.

On the 6th he replied and said my package was in the mail with a delivery date of the 18th.

Old 08-13-2014, 03:36 PM
1964FORDTUF
Elder User
Wonderful...

Old 08-24-2014, 07:04 PM
nerksa
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay Away

I wouldn't deal with Camperspecial. I sent him money and he promised steering wheel. When he couldn't deliver he promised to return money. Never did. He stopped returning his messages as well. Frustrating. Buyer beware i guess.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:01 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Don needs to get out of the parts business until he can hire someone to handle shipping.

John

Old 08-25-2014, 06:54 AM
1964FORDTUF
Elder User
As I understand it, once upon a time he was the go to guy. I believe after my dealings with him that he is genuinely a decent human being but personal issues have clouded his ability to run a smooth operation. A competent assistant is something he should consider if he really wants to stay in the game. Otherwise he should think about putting a price tag on the entire inventory and pass the torch to someone that is building a similar service. JMO

Old 08-25-2014, 08:28 AM
crazed87bronco
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ exactly this go's to anyone in the parts business pass the torch on or stop taking peoples money unless you can get the parts sent out within a reasonable time setup once a week ups pickup or something.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:56 AM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
I've been selling Ford parts for nearly 10 years, I have a full time job laying asphalt and other road projects.
I don't advertise here, but many people have my number and email address. I have Mondays off where I spend most afternoons polishing aluminum parts.
My free time is limited, and I try to spend that with my wife and daughter.
If I sell a part it goes out within two days of cleared payment. Most parts require me to build my own boxes. I buy sheets of cardboard and plywood.
After work I custom make boxes for what I need. The following day it gets shipped out.
This business is not for everyone, it is demanding and somewhat frustrating.
Imagine finding the parts then having the buyer back out because shipping charges are to high. (I have no control over UPS or FEDEX) Their fees I have to pay. I have limited space for storing parts and when someone backs out of a deal I'm stuck with the parts. (One reason for not advertising here.)
Early on I had members of this forum as well as other forums I frequent, expect parts for free or for pennies on the dollar, Why? Because we are one big happy family and should take care of each other. Wrong!! Business is business.
Getting back to Don, I've called him myself and did not get an answer, nor did I get a return call. I was going to offer assistance if I could, but no return call.
I won't take money in advance, I only sell what I have.
On another note, members have contacted me for parts, I tell them I either have them or I don't. If I say give me a week to find it I usually do. However, the members who contact me are all of a sudden on the board looking for the parts or trying to get them from others. If and when I see this I cut all ties with these people.
My time and parts chasing is not free.
I can understand Don's position, BUT!!!! If you make a deal you should follow through ASAP!!!
Customer feedback as well as my/your reputation is at stake.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:10 AM
svolpone
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by nerksa
I wouldn't deal with Camperspecial. I sent him money and he promised steering wheel. When he couldn't deliver he promised to return money. Never did. He stopped returning his messages as well. Frustrating. Buyer beware i guess.
I think i ended up with that steering wheel.

Old 08-25-2014, 01:35 PM
Shadowrider123
Posting Guru
From the day I mailed him a MO it was 2 days shy of a month when my parts arrived.

I wasnt in a big hurry, but business is business. He made me a promise and he did not follow through.

Doubtful I will pay in advance again unless it is Paypal or a CC. Why should the buyer take all the risk?

Old 08-25-2014, 03:12 PM
camperspecial65
Postmaster
Im getting away from cars in general... The fun is long gone. People are owed stuff and nobody has been forgotten... I have been doing this as a one guy thing for fun... Funs gone so Im done... But those who are awaiting stuff... Relax... You will get your stuff, etc.
Im in the process of weeding out stuff Im keeping for my rig and much of the rest is getting scrapped.
There will be VERY few exceptions to that... Truly rare stuff and NOS wont be getting tossed...

Please be patient... Im only one person.

Old 08-25-2014, 07:30 PM
schoo
Logistics Pro
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Lost a parts guy

Old 08-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Originally Posted by schoo
Lost a parts guy

there are plenty of us out here who help with parts, Roy.

Don is not the only one.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:30 PM
TA455HO
Lead Driver
Received 530 Likes on 423 Posts
I have scored things from Don that I'm not sure are so readily available from all parties. My trucks are all 1966.

NOS body trim molding, complete set of all 10 pieces still in wrappers. Plus extras of other individual pieces. And NOS clips to hold everything on.
NOS sweep speedometer with 00000.4 miles on it
NOS Ammeters and Oil gauges
NOS brake handle assemblys
All still in the boxes. Those are just some examples that spring to mind.

Tons of used stuff, too much to even mention.

Of course, I am local to him so we always are able to meet face to face and I can look at the parts before deciding, which is a bonus.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:07 PM
gangstakr
Logistics Pro
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by TA455HO
I have scored things from Don that I'm not sure are so readily available from all parties. My trucks are all 1966.

NOS body trim molding, complete set of all 10 pieces still in wrappers. Plus extras of other individual pieces. And NOS clips to hold everything on.
NOS sweep speedometer with 00000.4 miles on it
NOS Ammeters and Oil gauges
NOS brake handle assemblys
All still in the boxes. Those are just some examples that spring to mind.

Tons of used stuff, too much to even mention.

Of course, I am local to him so we always are able to meet face to face and I can look at the parts before deciding, which is a bonus.
These complaints are from people who don't live next door to Don.
Obviously you didn't have to wait on shipping, nor did you have to send your money wondering if your going to get your parts.
Don has great parts and as he said he's keeping all his NOS parts and extremely rare parts, no one here is arguing about quality, they just want what they paid for.
I've always stuck up for Don, I've sent people his way because I know he has the parts. You need to read WHY members are unhappy.

Quick Reply: CAMPERSPECIAL65 WHERABOUTS??