Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

August Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:48 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odd, that's not a bad idea. I don't know that I could stay overnight but there is no use in not trying. Requesting days off at my work is almost sacrilege to them.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:46 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
You're all welcome to it if you want to try and swing something next month. I have camping space. I have one spare bedroom, a foldout couch in the family room and a foldout futon in the living room for those without camping gear. I don't know, might be a blast? Ample parking, 45 animals for you animal lovers (not kidding, 45). Let's keep in touch about it if it seems good to anyone.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Onemini, I am completely down with your idea. Sorry guys, but I am not gonna go to the meet if it's at Five Guys. Good restaurant, but it's not a meet in my opinion, which is why I think not that many people commit. I have this whole next week open to do anything. I am completely down!!!!

Old 08-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by Tofan
Onemini, I am completely down with your idea. Sorry guys, but I am not gonna go to the meet if it's at Five Guys. Good restaurant, but it's not a meet in my opinion, which is why I think not that many people commit. I have this whole next week open to do anything. I am completely down!!!!
Then how about a better place in that area if you have some ideas.

Sean

Old 08-17-2014, 05:39 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
How about going to Onemini's land for the day? I am not saying we should all do an overnight campout, but to get there in the morning time, check out each other's truck, start the BBQ, horse shoes, corn hole etc , BYOB. Hell we could even help work on people's truck if one mini is ok with it, Washing and detailing the trucks. We could even have a contest for coolest thing you've done to your truck since last meet contest. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't bashing your idea, but we are on a automotive forum, I just think that the meets should be focused around that.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:33 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
That type of thing works with me.
Cost for the host has to be taken into
plan too.

Sean

Old 08-18-2014, 01:54 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
I wouldn't be against it is Onemini is down. We just need to find a day and time.

Old 08-19-2014, 02:36 PM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
My family is going to be gone from the 20th thru the 26th. I believe those are the exact dates and I already got the better halfs permission. I do like the idea of taking into account my wallet. I mean burgers, fries, idk. Not a whole lot of expense especially if you byob. I really could use some extra barbercues, nothing fancy. Mine are ****. The horse pastures are divided up so I could lock them up at one end and we would have free reign to the rest. I guess I only ask two things, don't tear up the horse pasture with drag racing and no shooting. I love guns but it's a no firing zone and a cop lives across the street. He's a cool guy though. And I like the idea of us helping each other on our rigs. I always owned a 351W which I could take apart and put back together. This V10 is alien language to me

Old 08-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
Does this Saturday work for you(the 23rd)? If so then lets RALLY UP!!!!!

Old 08-20-2014, 12:32 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
23rd huh? We will see . As for a BBQ, I don't think I could help much, ive got a real small portable one but you can't fit much. If I was actually driving the bronco it would be more feasible to transport a regular grill.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:11 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
You could always Redneck roof rack it.

Or

Sean

Old 08-20-2014, 05:56 AM
Bently_Coop
Lead Driver
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts
I would be interested for Friday evening but if everyone else does Saturday no big deal. I work Saturday swing shift.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:22 AM
oneminizut
Posting Guru
Sounds like votes for Saturday then? No worries here. As for the barbecues I meant if anyone had some old junkers that still did the job. As far as hosting, what do I need to cover on my end besides the spot? Also, one other important thing. If you have a larger truck than an F-350 Super Duty let me know and I'll set aside driveway space. My pasture gate only really allows my truck but with some help from some friends we could dig it back with a shovel to accommodate larger trucks. Last thing and most importantly, would anyone like to come early and help me set up. I don't have those tarps for tables and chairs and I really only have one card table, chairs and some outdoor chairs. We can make it work!

Old 08-20-2014, 10:39 PM
Tofan
Fleet Mechanic
I can come early and help brother! I will shoot you a PM with my phone number tonight!

Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Saturday... the only bad part for me is I work that night, and I have to take care of my younger brother and the house/animals. My parents are on their way to Idaho for some family reunion. I won't be able to stay all day but I'll try to get there early and hang out for a while. I can bring some supplies depending on whats needed, beer is easy, food is the same. I work at Sams Club so I can get some stuff before I leave.

In terms of getting to your place, you mentioned its in graham. I probably won't be taking the freeway so I have to figure out back roads. If I got to meridian, would that be a pretty direct route?

Quick Reply: August Meet and Greet