1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Home Brewed 70 Short Bed Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 09:24 AM
71Nky
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take care of yourself buddy! Glad to hear things are going good in that dept and the docs are taking care of business.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:50 AM
orich
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Did you forget your retied. Not to work harder then when you were working.
As I recall you were busting your B's Well you know what I mean you cutting that fallen tree all cut up just a few weeks or so before you needed to go into the hospital..

So slow down a bit but don't stop your tinkering.

I've had a few friends that needed bypass surgery that were just in their mid 50's.

I know it's not ez at times being 30 yrs old an stuck in a old mans body but we still have to deal with.

So Randle we'll all be here waiting for you to jump back into may be 2nd gear of your tinkering.

Orich

Old 07-28-2015, 12:22 PM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Take care of yourself padna. Well wishes and prayers to you and your bride.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:23 PM
JEFFFAFA
Hotshot
Received 169 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by HIO Silver
Good to hear you're okay. Take'er easy cuz we wanna see ya back on the dance floor cuttin' some rug.
AND A BIG 2 X HIO! I couldn't have said it better myself. God's speed Buddy.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What can I say but WOW! So many comments and so much concern Thanks Guys: I sure do appreciate hearing from each and every one of you. They say they fixed everything and I should be better then I have been in a long time. We’ll just have to see, but for a week out of surgery I guess I’m doing pretty good. I have had company here most of the evening, so it’s about nap time, I’ll catch everyone tomorrow and Thanks Again.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:36 PM
blue04.5
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you got your ticker a tune up! I'm glad you are doing well Randle, and Im sure you're in good hands with the Mrs by your side. Keep us posted on your recovery and here's to a speedy recuperation bud!

Old 07-28-2015, 10:54 PM
White 97 xlt
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow!!! Things sure do sneak up on a feller, don't they? Glad to hear all is going well, just don't rush things and give yourself time to heal properly.. The truck and Mustang will still be waiting when you are able....

From one old goat to another, take care buddy!!!

Old 07-29-2015, 07:12 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm glad to hear the doc's took good care of you, I hope you have a speedy recovery, prayers sent.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:03 AM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
[QUOTE=Randle; They say they fixed everything and I should be better then I have been in a long time. We’ll just have to see, but for a week out of surgery I guess I’m doing pretty good.

We ALL like good mods...

Old 07-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Gembone
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
glad to hear they got you fixed up. Take your time on the mend and don't push it to soon.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:08 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. Each day everythingis getting better. The worst thing nowis the shortness of breath when I move around, but they tell me in time that’llbe better they it was before. I guess the hardest thing though was to set inthe AC and watch the wife in the heat mowing and working on the yard. But Iknow if I even acted like I was starting to a mower, getting over this surgerywould have less side effects. LOL

Old 07-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Ozarktraveler
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read a lot of posts, but don't say a lot, it's much easier to learn by reading everyone else's posts than by chiming in with my limited knowledge.

I am glad to hear surgery went ok and you're on the mend. Looking fwd to your resumption of activities. Don't make us wait longer by setting yourself back. ;-)

Old 08-12-2015, 08:41 AM
TeachNlive4ever
Cargo Master
Randle, just thought I'd drop a line to say "howdy". We trust your doing well.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:53 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Ozarktraveler
I read a lot of posts, but don't say a lot, it's much easier to learn by reading everyone else's posts than by chiming in with my limited knowledge.

I am glad to hear surgery went ok and you're on the mend. Looking fwd to your resumption of activities. Don't make us wait longer by setting yourself back. ;-)
Originally Posted by TeachNlive4ever
Randle, just thought I'd drop a line to say "howdy". We trust your doing well.
I guess I'm doing pretty good considering everything. Every day I feel a little better then the day before. I guess my hardest thing now is watching everyone else doing my work for me. But hay on the bright side the longer this down time, the more projects I come up with. The wife says she wants to make a few shows with me, so I will be dolling up her Mustang Convertible so she will have a car to take. We went down today to see the guy that did the upholstery work for the 70 and got him setup to freshen up her interior.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:03 PM
Randle
Fleet Mechanic
Just thought I'd check in and let everyone know I'm still around and kicking. Thanks to everyone that has PMed and called to check on me. The Dr. has eased my restrictions but still have a 20 lb weight limit, but I fill good and I'm getting there. I did play with the truck a little today and got it to shifting right (thanks 351Cleveland C4) then took it out for a short drive, so far everything seemed to run pretty good. g Catch you latter and I'll try not to be so long next time.

Quick Reply: Home Brewed 70 Short Bed Build