6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Wicked Wheelz Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 05:41 AM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
subscribed , I've been thinking about changing mine out can't wait for the update

Old 08-10-2014, 11:18 AM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by robinsonpowerstroke
So this problem I can see reoccurring in the future just like the older Cummins. When the lift pump pukes, the HPFP gets fried. The Cummins guys would put a pressure switch into their HPFP supply line that would turn on a light when the lift pump puked. Are we all wanting to do this too or does the computer monitor the lift pump pressure and shut the truck down when the lift pump pukes?
Our trucks have a fuel pressure sensor switch. When my lift pump started to go I got warnings of low fuel pressure. Didn't shut the truck down but I didn't let it die before replacing it. Replaced it and then 6 months later I also replaced the fuel pressure switch due to a leak.

Also curious as to any gains from the wicked wheelz upgrade. Something I may consider.

Old 08-10-2014, 11:43 AM
robinsonpowerstroke
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WildWildWest
Our trucks have a fuel pressure sensor switch. When my lift pump started to go I got warnings of low fuel pressure. Didn't shut the truck down but I didn't let it die before replacing it. Replaced it and then 6 months later I also replaced the fuel pressure switch due to a leak.
Well that's good to know that we don't have to worry about wiring in an idiot light.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:45 PM
Hard Workin
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well guys it doesn't look like I will be able to post anything this Saturday as the dealership is now 2-3 days behind with returning the truck. (Monday/Tuesday was when it was supposed to be finished). I just wish that they would have said later on in the week this way if they finished it *early* I would have though it was great that I got my truck back sooner than expected but nope they apparently gave me an unrealistic deadline twice now. If it is not done tomorrow, I will post the outcome of a meeting with the service manager.

Old 08-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,005 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by Hard Workin
Well guys it doesn't look like I will be able to post anything this Saturday as the dealership is now 2-3 days behind with returning the truck. (Monday/Tuesday was when it was supposed to be finished). I just wish that they would have said later on in the week this way if they finished it *early* I would have though it was great that I got my truck back sooner than expected but nope they apparently gave me an unrealistic deadline twice now. If it is not done tomorrow, I will post the outcome of a meeting with the service manager.
Don't take your killer doggie with you.........

Old 08-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Hard Workin
Junior User
Well got the truck back today and talked with the mechanic to find out why it took so long. The low pressure pump and lines had to be cleaned out due to sediment in the lines/pump. He had to take all that apart and clean it. Now I just have to troubleshoot some my HIDs because he didn't wire them back in properly so they don't want to work right and then tomorrow I have to take it back to talk with the mechanic to see why my low pressure pump is making a god awful noise. Yay... Normally they do great work for me but this time it is not the best...

Old 08-15-2014, 04:56 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,418 Likes on 1,013 Posts
change those fuel filters more often. Don't wait for the minder.

Go off of a 10-12K filter change.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:08 AM
99FORD EXPY.
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
add a dieselsite fuel filter/seperator , pricey but that should take care of the sediment in your fuel

Old 08-15-2014, 11:53 AM
Hard Workin
Junior User
Well I owe an apology to everyone I figured out why my fuel pump was making noise. My low fuel light lit up and so I went to put 5 gallons into it and the noise stopped. Air in the line... As far as the fuel separator I got a air dog II to pull out any air in addition to sediment this way it is feeding clean diesel without any entrained air in the system

Old 08-20-2014, 10:27 PM
Hard Workin
Junior User
Ok to update everyone:

I have not really scene any MPG increase (still running the same MPGs), the EGTs like to hang out around 7-800 when cruising at 70 mph and will spike to 11-1200 if I floor it. I didn't have a pryometer in until after I had completed the install of the compressor wheel. So if anyone can pass word on this it would be great. The biggest difference is what happens when I smash the pedal. No turbo lag. It at 1200 - 1300 RMP it has spooled up to around 10psi boost and it doesn't take much it will hold there until it levels off or you decide to go faster.....At less then half the pedal I get full boost almost immediately. Now just have to save up for a tuner so I can "liberate" the turbo.

For towing it will take me a while longer to reply as I no longer have a trailer and will have to borrow my buddies.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:59 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks for the follow up. Did you fit an EGT gauge pre turbo, or are you using the stock one post turbo?

Old 08-21-2014, 11:17 AM
Hard Workin
Junior User
Originally Posted by BigF350
Thanks for the follow up. Did you fit an EGT gauge pre turbo, or are you using the stock one post turbo?
I put the gauge in pre-turbo.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:59 AM
96sherm
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
any updates on the effects of this wicked wheel modification?

Old 10-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Hard Workin
Junior User
Originally Posted by 96sherm
any updates on the effects of this wicked wheel modification?

Sure as of right now I am seeing about a 1.5 mpg more unloaded and about .4-.5 loaded with about 9k.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:41 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Do you notice any seat of the pants power improvements?
And if so, what part of the rpm range?

Quick Reply: Wicked Wheelz Install