Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Kramercd

July chat and general BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:30 PM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonoman 6.0
Good Day Gentleman. Don't mean to barge in and HiJack Arkansas as a Vistor but since I have a farm and pay taxes what the heck. I'm trying to help my brother out who is fortunate to live in south central part of the state and unforuntate enough to have a 2004 6.0 that likely is going to require studs, egr delete, remote oil cooler and the works as it has now gotten hot and has white and blue smoke from exhaust. So the question is who in central Arkansas does he take it to for major repair and aftermarket stuff, studs ext cooler etc.
I'm going to send Tim a text and point this out to him. He lives up here in the West/Northwest part of the state...but I seem to remember he makes some what frequent trips to Stungart. His '04 6.0L is far from stock (mine is rather close to stock)...so he'd be the guy to talk to. Best of luck with the truck.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:39 PM
lindstromjd
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cookie88
My bad. I reread and there is nothing about it being an idi. Don't know why I made that assumption.

I might be able to help. When are planning on doing it?
I think 90% of the people that see "OBS" just assume it's an IDI. Hell, most people think that the powerstroke didn't exist until the Super Duty. I like proving those people wrong.

I had hoped to get it done one weekend before I leave, but I really don't think it's going to happen. I'm running quite short on time. My last days in Arkansas are looking to be around August 7th-8th or so Are you any good at rebuilding turbos? Can the Super Duty GTP38 even be rebuilt for that matter?

Old 07-24-2014, 05:27 AM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonoman 6.0
Good Day Gentleman. Don't mean to barge in and HiJack Arkansas as a Vistor but since I have a farm and pay taxes what the heck. I'm trying to help my brother out who is fortunate to live in south central part of the state and unforuntate enough to have a 2004 6.0 that likely is going to require studs, egr delete, remote oil cooler and the works as it has now gotten hot and has white and blue smoke from exhaust. So the question is who in central Arkansas does he take it to for major repair and aftermarket stuff, studs ext cooler etc.

I've been an FTE Member a long time and post little to none but do read and have used many suggestions. Also i see screen names that are valuable pieces of info on the 6.0. Living in Memphis an having an early 2003 6.0 i know who to take mine to when needed. at 213,000 i have had to take it very little, (knock on wood).

I've searched for an Arkansas location until the point i finally came here. I did see Lead hill was the place up north but he's in Dallas County so LR to Monroe to Texarkana is possible. Last resort is I pull it on the 30 foot Goose neck and bring it here, but if it needs follow up thats not cost effective.

Thanks guys.

Hope someone has suggstions.....

Sonoman 6.0
I wish I knew who to tell him to take it to. If I wasn't so busy at work I'd tackle it myself, but time just doesn't allow.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:43 PM
Sonoman 6.0
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank Zhilton and Npccpartsman.

After many calls all over south central-south Arkansas it appears the Blue Oval Location in Ouachita county in knowledgeable enought to know what an EGR Delete, External Cooler and Studs are on a 6.0. (and I mean that in a good way)

Will let the board know how it goes as there may be others whom will need this service.

Anyone in East Arkansas needs some help let me know, I can hook ya up in the Memphis Area. Actually Collierville.

Last edited by Sonoman 6.0; 07-25-2014 at 10:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-25-2014, 10:35 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zhilton
...WiFi or Bluetooth? One of the motor heads up this way has some kind of reader that "chatters" with his intelligent phone via bluetooth. Quite handy on the Honda since I didn't buy the full package for my AE.
The app is designed to work with a Bluetooth adapter, but since my tablet doesn't have Bluetooth I had to make it work with a WiFi adapter. If I had an android phone I could indeed run it on the phone, but I like it better with the 8" screen.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:49 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lindstromjd

I think 90% of the people that see "OBS" just assume it's an IDI. Hell, most people think that the powerstroke didn't exist until the Super Duty. I like proving those people wrong.

I had hoped to get it done one weekend before I leave, but I really don't think it's going to happen. I'm running quite short on time. My last days in Arkansas are looking to be around August 7th-8th or so Are you any good at rebuilding turbos? Can the Super Duty GTP38 even be rebuilt for that matter?
I've never rebuilt one, but I've been spinning wrenches on jets for 25 years so I assume I can muddle through. It's just a couple of thrust washers and bushings.

Rebuild kits for the stock turbo are cheap....and there are plenty of on line how-to's