Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Posting Guru

schoo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
So trey what happened with the diff? Did you get another
Or did I miss something
89 F250
Old 06-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Elder User

Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.Wayne Waldrep has a very good reputation on FTE.
Just for our reading pleasure here are the instructions....Just me but I'd definitely use all the tabs provided and I'd also prefer mine to be all on the axle tubes. I also like trumps front mounts on the upper bars. That looks good. And another one of my crazy thoughts would be that unless I just had to, there's no way I'd shorten the bars. Just my thoughts though.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

'49 F1 239 Flathead
Click to see my Gallery http://tinyurl.com/p4xegzv
www.waynewaldrep.com/God
Old 06-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Junior User

Trey_Morgan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schoo View Post
So trey what happened with the diff? Did you get another
Or did I miss something
My original plan was a ford 9" I picked up but it turned out to be from a van so it was wayyyy to wide. Back at square one I deiced I will be happier with a explorer 8.8 which a friend of mine has one for $250.00 so I'm going to pick that up and go that route!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:14 PM
Posting Guru

schoo is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Will be waiting to see how you do that
89 F250
Old 07-01-2014, 03:00 AM
Freshman User

trumph is starting off with a positive reputation.
Trey i read with mine that the short arms still need to be at least 70% of the longer bars just as a rule of thumb but looking at Gicknordons im going to have to make new brackets and lower the front of the longer arms to a more parallel position as in waynes instruction pictures
Old 07-01-2014, 03:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks