1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

About that time to go to electric fuel

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Clay H
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nomad221
Do you have a link to the other members write up ?
Come to find out the other guy is a beta tester and got his system free. He just installed it 2 days ago and so far so good. If it were me, I would contact Dave, ask about it and maybe he would swing a deal for another free or discounted test unit. Testers usually put out more than one beta test unit.
I thought he was further along in his process but he said he wasnt advertising the kits until he was able to write up good instal instructions. Dave is a great guy to work with though. And being that its a brand new design, Dave is sure to make good on anything that may have issues.

Old 06-12-2014, 07:58 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pjwoolw
I have the kit, this was a few years ago now, that addresses the plumbing from an existing or customer provided pump and filter setup. They didn't have the full system they offer now back then. What I call the top end kit came with just the fittings, lines, regulator etc to eliminate the fuel bowl. No hose or anything to feed and return from the pump and filter.

I really can't say that you will ever need the race kit. I kinda doubt it. But thats up to you.
I've been talking with Dennis back and forth at Strictly Diesel, very helpful. Here's what he said about the race kit and what the limiting factor is when you go BIGGER :

The SELECTOR VALVE that lets you switch between tanks is the limiting factor. The passages through it are tiny. The stock super duty pump is OK with that valve, but larger pumps that require larger inlet lines will not like the selector and will require you to go down to one tank or risk burning pumps up and having to replace them pre-maturely.

You will also need to go down to running on just one tank, so that you can delete the selector valve and have a large enough supply line from the tank to the pump(s). You can run on the front tank and use an electric pump to transfer fuel from the rear to front tank when needed. You can get an in-bed tank like those from Transfer flow and either have gravity or automatic electric transfer from the bed to the front tank. Lastly, you can also get rid of both stock tanks and use a “bronco” or similar 35+ gallon rear fuel tank (which requires moving the spare to the bed). There are options….

So he helped me decide to sttick with the normal replacement kit untill I go to larger injectors, Im not willing to delete the selector valve yet.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:26 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Yeah the Vegitsite kit is a lot cheaper than other kits available. I would personally piece a kit together yourself. Todd, Bill, and Tyler have all done the same. You can put a kit together for like $250-300 depending on brands/parts you use.

Clay were you one of the guys at RRE this past year?!
I recall there were 3 trucks running WVO.

I think Dave was there himself. Good guy. I enjoy reading about the WVO.

Personally OP I would look into a few of the members write-ups regarding E-fuel before you spend a lot on a kit.

Old 06-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Here are a few:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-compelte.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...gs-e-fuel.html
This second one is King's e-fuel. I really enjoy the way he did it. All except for doing the tightwad fuel regulator (where you cut the regulator off the fuel bowl).
He had a really nice setup of dual pumps and then skimps on that. lol
You can get a regulator for like $35. You don't have to purchase the aeromotive regulator which is over $100.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:11 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Originally Posted by Awitte58
Here are a few:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-compelte.html

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...gs-e-fuel.html
This second one is King's e-fuel. I really enjoy the way he did it. All except for doing the tightwad fuel regulator (where you cut the regulator off the fuel bowl).
He had a really nice setup of dual pumps and then skimps on that. lol
You can get a regulator for like $35. You don't have to purchase the aeromotive regulator which is over $100.

TJBEGGS spells it out for you, looks good too

Old 06-12-2014, 12:41 PM
427 fordman
Hotshot
Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts
FWIW, I used TJ's thread for mine. I ended up with not too far from what it cost to buy a kit, and it was a pain in my a$$ as I live in a small town and had to travel to get or order all my fittings, multiple trips and orders, pain.. I'd buy a kit before doing that again. You can go the cheap way if you wish, but you will have more made in china parts.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Clay H
Elder User
Clay were you one of the guys at RRE this past year?!
I recall there were 3 trucks running WVO.

I think Dave was there himself. Good guy. I enjoy reading about the WVO.
Was that the one in KS or NE? I cant remember but yes Dave went to the one in KS. I did not make it though. Dave was there, Jason and Bruce I think were the vegi guys there.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:55 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
Tennesee . newport. its a blast

Old 06-13-2014, 07:51 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Originally Posted by 427 fordman
FWIW, I used TJ's thread for mine. I ended up with not too far from what it cost to buy a kit, and it was a pain in my a$$ as I live in a small town and had to travel to get or order all my fittings, multiple trips and orders, pain.. I'd buy a kit before doing that again. You can go the cheap way if you wish, but you will have more made in china parts.

This reason alone is why I assume most buy kits which is my mindset as well. There is something about piecing it together your self that one can take pride in tho. I like the comfortability of having a company behind you when putting there kit together as well

Old 06-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Oh 100% why kits are so expensive yet people go for it. You have the peace of mind its all there (or should be...) and can just stay at the shop till its done! No running out for that dang 4' of heater hose when you're about to finish up an IH pump install!

And yeah it was in Newport TN. Hosted by RiffRaff Diesel. I could have sworn some rep from veggie garage was there. They gave out an entire water/meth system and a plumbing kit to convert to WVO I think.
It was funny though because those prizes were for the guys who had most dyno HP and fastest track time of the WVO trucks..so most of them had that stuff! but its the thought that counts.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:02 AM
Clay H
Elder User
And yeah it was in Newport TN. Hosted by RiffRaff Diesel. I could have sworn some rep from veggie garage was there. They gave out an entire water/meth system and a plumbing kit to convert to WVO I think.
It was funny though because those prizes were for the guys who had most dyno HP and fastest track time of the WVO trucks..so most of them had that stuff! but its the thought that counts.
Oh yes, I remember that. Skyskijason (on here) was there promoting Vegigarage and I do believe Dave Roberson (owner of vegi garage) flew in or something. I believe they are planning this again for this year. Too far for me to travel with life as it is right now. Jason had the white CC flatbed vegi truck with 2 large tanks on the bed.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:12 PM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Clay H
Oh yes, I remember that. Skyskijason (on here) was there promoting Vegigarage and I do believe Dave Roberson (owner of vegi garage) flew in or something. I believe they are planning this again for this year. Too far for me to travel with life as it is right now. Jason had the white CC flatbed vegi truck with 2 large tanks on the bed.
I remember that for sure! He was the guy who rolled over the scales at like 10k with his huge tank of WVO and then ran like a 12 sec or something. I recall it was impressive for that heavy of a rig.
I got to meet Jason briefly last year.

There was another WVO guy who did runs on his stuff and #2 and put down more HP with his concoction than regular diesel!

Edit: Sorry OP for the hijack... but hey... this is the OBS section. lol

Old 06-17-2014, 09:52 AM
jchosler
Elder User
Just a quick update. I ordered Striclty Diesels kit todayand will install that as soon as it arrives. I'll be excited to share install pics and peformance upgrades when finished.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:12 AM
Awitte58
Postmaster
Right on dude!
A lot of things people have noticed was a smoother idle, better throttle response, and in some cases better MPG (no leaks stealing your fuel LOL).
Excited for PICHERRRRSSSS

Old 06-17-2014, 10:10 PM
fordman67
Hotshot
Received 398 Likes on 269 Posts
I'm loving my efuel. its the first mod we all need before any serious mods happen!

Quick Reply: About that time to go to electric fuel