6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

DRW tire filling

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,568 Likes on 1,426 Posts
Thanks Randy, I am looking for a 10 sensor system that same place has it $20 bucks cheaper then the other places.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No problem Tim!

Sam - I have also seen a Repeater for the TST system.
I called Vulcan and the girl there said she wasn't sure but that I probably would not need it.

What do you think?
40' trailer, Crewcab truck, 12 sensors....

Also - the Flow Through sensors are the right ones? I get it that you would lose a little air screwing a cap type sensor on-off... Is that the only drawback?

Oh and one more question (sorry)
If the battery goes dead in the reciever, do you have to start over from scratch in reprogramming them?

Thanks a bazillion for the help..

Old 11-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4,005 Likes on 1,601 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
No problem Tim!

I called Vulcan and the girl there said she wasn't sure but that I probably would not need it.

What do you think?

Also - the Flow Through sensors are the right ones? I get it that you would lose a little air screwing a cap type sensor on-off... Is that the only drawback?

If the battery goes dead in the reciever, do you have to start over from scratch in reprogramming them?

My Rig.......42ft triple axle.......No repeater. Works Great !!

I find no problem removing sensor to air up the tire. To check air pressure before heading out.....just turn on the display wait a minute or 3 ......All tires report. It is accurate.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:30 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Big-Foot
No problem Tim!

What do you think?

The flow thrus are slow to fill, so I prefer the screw ons. Take off the security cover. And lowers the weight.

Roy says no need for repeater, and I haven't had any problems.

Old 11-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Okay guys - Thanks!

Old 03-03-2015, 12:23 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Took a 750 mile road trip this weekend with my new TPMS and it seemed to have an issue. I think it is the location I have it mounted. From time to time it would loss contact with the right outer rear tire and sometimes either of the right tires on the trailer. Another weird thing happened I disconnected the trailer and went to town I but it was 30 minutes or more before it stopped giving me readings on the trailer. Anyway most of the time when it lost contact I was getting ready to take a brake anyway and when I came back to the truck everything was in sync. One time when it lost sync I removed it and laid in the center of the dash it only took a minute or less before it was back in sync.

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the matter?

Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 AM
Big-Foot
Post Fiend
Wondering if you have a bad or low battery there Tim?

I have not installed my systems yet on my Truck and trailer.. Still sitting in the boxes from Christmas..

Old 03-03-2015, 06:14 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Its 20 minutes of continuous checking before it reports lost contact on a sensor. I turn off my trailer sensors when I am away from the trailer..
Mode and - to turn off, and Mode and - to turn on.

I haven't had any lost signal on the trailer while hooked up yet, but they say this is normal for any trailer 30ft or longer.. add on our longbeds more typical.

need the signal extender for the trailer tire issue.. No idea on the outer rear dually tire..

| there was a conversation about this topic on rv.net last month, and a lot of BS.. I called TST and asked how it works.

I'd call TST

Old 03-03-2015, 08:36 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
I will call TST and see what they say. It just seems like it has something to do with my mounting location, maybe electronic noise. One thing I noticed was that when it lost contact besides it just beeping when it got to the tire that is missing. I didn't listen to it for a long time I would turn off the trailer just so I didn't have to listen to the beep. But if I pulled into a rest area and shut the truck off it would regain contact pretty fast. I don't think it is a low battery in the sensor as the receiver should recognize that. My trailer is only a 17' open car trailer and I didn't have the camper on.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:54 AM
porthole
Cargo Master

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts
I have been using the same kit since early 2011 and the 510 version prior to that.
I had the occasional drop out. My kit came with an extension antenna, don't know if they still do. I ran the cable up the A-post and stuffed the antenna above the headliner. No more dropped sensors.
On my camping forum those that had drop outs are now putting a powered repeater in the front compartment of the trailer.

As was mentioned above, leaving your trailer takes a bit of time to show no reading, but you can easily disable the trailer with a 2 button press.

Originally Posted by Tim Young
Took a 750 mile road trip this weekend with my new TPMS and it seemed to have an issue. I think it is the location I have it mounted. From time to time it would loss contact with the right outer rear tire and sometimes either of the right tires on the trailer. Another weird thing happened I disconnected the trailer and went to town I but it was 30 minutes or more before it stopped giving me readings on the trailer. Anyway most of the time when it lost contact I was getting ready to take a brake anyway and when I came back to the truck everything was in sync. One time when it lost sync I removed it and laid in the center of the dash it only took a minute or less before it was back in sync.

Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the matter?

Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Just Strokin
Post Fiend
Received 98 Likes on 84 Posts
I have used the TireMinder TPMS system with my dually truck and trailer. I have upgraded to their TM66 version last year where you can separate the truck from the trailer so you do not get the "no sensor" reports if travel with truck only.

I initially purchased the system to use with the 2011 srw and travel trailer even srw had the Ford tpms system.

So far have been well satified with it.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:28 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot
The only reason I mentioned the trailer part was that I surprised that it was still reading or looked like it was after maybe 30 minutes. I just disabled the trailer with the two buttons after that.

I haven't called TST yet. I am still leaning toward interference being the problem maybe from the Edge monitor.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:51 AM
TheHern
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting for the new rig (delivery date has been pushed to 3/23, but I'm out of town that week anyway, so shooting for 3/27).

First thing I want to do is put on valve extensions and a TPMS.

For the valve extensions, all my reading tells me to use the Wheel Masters. Question is, go w/ the Airless or the Stainless Steel? Reason I ask is with the TPMS system installed, is the airless necessary since they will always be pressurized anyway...or is is the safety side of it that if it gets cut by road debris, I get alerted by my TPMS but don't lose air?

On the TPMS system, I'm leaning towards the screw on since the feedback is the pass throughs are too slow to fill.

Anyone put this setup on 19.5" rims for a 450? I see it on lots of 350s.

thanks!
Alex

Old 03-04-2015, 02:15 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 83 Likes on 16 Posts
Here is the answer I gave on my problem the other day. I don't know if you saw it.

"Those like Tim, Roy and I that have the TST pressure system and have problems losing a connection with a sensor, and the battery needs replacing, the ONLY place that I've found that has them in stock constantly is Walgreen's. Yep, surprised me too! I can't recall the battery number right off hand, but instead of ordering the Chinese ones online, try there. Also, if you call TST and give them the number of your system and your name and info, they will ship you the O-rings and seals for the sensors. So far I've had GREAT customer service out of them. Also, here is a pic of the external antenna and the place I mounted it. Plenty enough cable to go from center of dash to the top of the mirror. Hope you can see. It is in the same place on the 6.7 as it was here on my 6.4."

Old 11-14-2018, 12:59 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

an update on an old thread, but may help others..

if your TST monitor is losing contact with sensors randomly, this is a known problem. TST said that they are using the same frequency as 2ghz wifi, and with more and more vehicles and locations with WIFI, the monitor is getting garbage data
just as it polls a sensor...and the monitor cannot ever recover... power off/on to do that

their solution, not yet tried by me, is to use the signal booster, which DOES recover and the monitor only listens to the booster once found..on a different frequency apparently..

Quick Reply: DRW tire filling