Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > User Gallery & Picture Display Help
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2014, 10:51 PM
Elder User

Outlaw56 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Click the image to open in full size.

Test
Old 05-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Elder User

Well I tried a different browser, google chrome I think it was. So its my version of explorer 9 that is not playing well with others.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:59 PM
<---Dog is my co-pilot

ArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputationArdWrknTrk has a superb reputation
NoScript is an Add-on for Firefox that only allows whitelisted sites to run javascript in the browser.
There are similar script blockers for Chrome, Safari, Android, Opera, Internet Explorer,etc...
You don't have it unless you installed it on your machine.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/donjamer/FTE%20Pics/blumax500-1-1.jpgFTE Fraternity of Blue Max
Old 05-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw56 View Post
Well I tried a different browser, google chrome I think it was. So its my version of explorer 9 that is not playing well with others.
Put Internet Explorer (IE) (all versions) in "compatibility mode". This works better with many sites.

Chrome can be a good choice.....That is what I usually use.
Old 05-31-2014, 02:03 PM
Post Fiend

FORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud of
a big issue with this new image load from album is,that you can't see detailed pics due to them all being thumbnails.so you just go back into the album manually to look around just the same anyway.by the time you do that,to insure you get the right pic,you might as well have just grabbed the img code directly like we used to do.
whats worst here now though,is you can't even get a large image and the img code with ease.so frustrating.
i see the concept and the theory.however it's poorly executed.combine this with the loss of the garage and economy tracking info that some of us spent many hours on over the years,only to be left without and FTE went from a solid 10 to a 3 at best.
it would be best by a landslide if we just reverted to what we had just a week ago before the loss of features and the poorly executed img code insert system.i can't express enough how disappointed i am with the recent changes..but im going to try anyway.
big double thumbs down.

you should try using my album titled: Superior K062 E40D Pump Correction Package found here:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/g/album/1172675
and create this thread yourself to help you understand:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...l#post14394182

all will become clear how poorly executed the system is.
try doing so without cheating and using only the instructions provided by superior in this kit.however if you cheat and try to simply just copy my images in their order,now that the post is already completed you'll still see the system sucks just by trying to copy the img placement.the system is that flawed.

what would have normally taken just a few mins just a week or so ago,took over an hour probably.

for now,now that i know the site is setup poorly,iv got to "do the work" on my pc now.meaning make sure i place the pics i want in posts,to be numbered exactly as i i'll need them before loading to the album.otherwise it's near impossible to set them up as you want.

also,we used to be able to select our img cover.i don't see that option any longer either.the whole presentation of the albums as a whole has degraded.

if they're going to remain like this,i simply wont bother using the albums anymore and consider the feature gone with the garage and economy reporting.least those just disappeared so we know to be disappointed and no longer expect good things.with this system left like this,it's just a headache and leaves you wanting to try and make due when in reality,you might as well just load the pics into a devoted post and grab their img code and be done with it.
♠ Log Truck: '93 F-Super Duty (F450) XLT 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 5:13, Dually, 16' Dump & Auto Crane ♠
♠ Chip Truck: '93 F250HD XLT 4x4 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 3.55, Dually, 9' Dump, & Plow ♠

Old 05-31-2014, 02:21 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
I don't seem to have any trouble finding my old pic's that are stored on
here at all. And I find it easier to post pic's from my system.

I have no idea what your talking about concerning (economy tracking info)
I have never used this so don't know what it is.

I have a gas hog so economy is just a dream anyway.

Economy to me is pushing or rolling the Bronk into the yard to wash it
rather than start it to drive 25 feet.

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 05-31-2014, 02:55 PM
Post Fiend

FORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud ofFORDF250HDXLT has much to be proud of

do you just use the "gallery" i see that's all i can find.it used to be we could see each others "albums" too and i had some good ones setup so others could learn helpful things/reference them there but that's gone.
when i click on your name i see the gallery option and that the pics are still easily viewed there and easy to img tag still (thus the quick and simple pic of your rig inserted) .......least until they frig this up on ya too lol.watch out,your gallery may get hit next.
♠ Log Truck: '93 F-Super Duty (F450) XLT 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 5:13, Dually, 16' Dump & Auto Crane ♠
♠ Chip Truck: '93 F250HD XLT 4x4 1st Gen Navistar 444ci IDI Diesel w/ Intercooled 2nd Gen Banks Sidewinder Turbo, E40D, 3.55, Dually, 9' Dump, & Plow ♠

Old 05-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Old School

arctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputationarctic y block has a superb reputation
Okay now I see what ya mean. When I go to my user CP I can then get to both Albums and all my pic's. But just clicking on my name only gets me
to my Gallery. I am not so sure that is different than before. I don't get
out much

85 XLT Bronco 351W HO 4V Dual Pipes 33X12.5 BFG's
62 Uni 390 C6 Custom Cab Sold for 9.5K
Don't just Modify it Fordify it
A Side Arm Is Like A Parachute, Tis Better To Have One An Never Need It, Than To Need One And Not Have It

Old 05-31-2014, 09:14 PM
Elder User

I think the new photo adder is pretty awesome. I cant use it with Explorer 9 but I can with Google Chrome. Its so fast and easy compared to using photo bucket. Only thing I need to figure out now is how to make the photos smaller.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:49 PM
Elder User

JimG1098 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.JimG1098 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
JimG here. Just tried to drag and drop. clicked on my picture in my computer, it loaded but in url form Tried 4 pics, same thin, I must be missing something.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...ire-truck.html
Empire H&L Co.No.1, Nyack FD, 1965-2001
Old 06-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Elder User

Well, not sure about the drag and drop. I have a digital camera with a scan disk. I take the photos, then put the scan disk into the "J" drive on my computer. Then I go to FTE and open a post in whichever forum I want to post a picture. I then click on the little icon with the Mountain. I then get the option to browse. I go to my computer and select the "j" drive, then the photo I want to upload. Thats how easy it is. The new software does everything from there. When I post the message, the photo has been added and shows up in the post.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Internet Brands

IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.IB Jose has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
FYI: People will need a current version of Java. Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, therefore the subsystems like Java are no longer being updated (supported) either. Vista has a whole set of issues that were never resolved. Hope that helps a little.
Roy
Network Systems Administrator, Microsoft and Novell
This.....is probably the reason why it has issues on XP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdWrknTrk View Post
Jose,
ctubutis asked me to mention in this thread that I cannot click on smileys in the right side of an advanced reply window but the dropdown box works fine for me.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/13...l#post14393192

This old netbook is running Win7 (starter) and the latest version of Firefox.
I do not have NoScript enabled but I am running AdBlockPlus.
Smilies aren't working as they should, this uploader was built by another tech team and it wasn't tested properly with the existing javascript (which the smilies are), so our team is working on getting them both work correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG1098 View Post
JimG here. Just tried to drag and drop. clicked on my picture in my computer, it loaded but in url form Tried 4 pics, same thin, I must be missing something.
If you have auto-parse disabled, if you submit the post with the URLs it SHOULD correctly display...feel free to test it in this thread.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Elder User

Just something to ponder for the techs: Vista in XP 9 will not work for me, but Vista in firefox or google chrome works fine. Would that not suggest Vista is ok and its XP 9 that has the issues. If its working in firefox and google chrome, there would not be an issue with auto phrase disabled?
Old 06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Post Fiend

Rusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant futureRusty Axlerod has a brilliant future
I have no "add from albums" option on my iPad. I used to be able to copy and paste but that no longer works either (clipboard is empty) "browse your computer" does work but obviously doesn't give me access to my FTE photo albums. What's the best way to upload a picture from my albums to a post on iPad?

Also, I can't write a post, post it, and add a picture from my computer (iPad) on edit (or advanced edit) it appears like it's going to work but nothing appears in the post.
2006, King Ranch, F250, Lariat, Super Duty, Powerstroke, FX4, CC, SRW, 20in Ultra Motorsports Goliath wheels. 2in leveling kit, Husky 16K roller hitch, ScanGaugeII. Sinister coolant filter. Blue spring. BPD EGR cooler. Riffraff CAC boots w/metal cold side tube, STC update. Fumoto valves. Rotella ELC. DashBoss. '08 Mirrors. Mishimoto Rad and 200° stat.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Elder User

JimG1098 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.JimG1098 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How do you put IE in compatibility mode, I will try that first
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/12...ire-truck.html
Empire H&L Co.No.1, Nyack FD, 1965-2001
Old 06-02-2014, 06:11 PM