1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 F-250 PSD Suspension Lift

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:16 AM
CountryMonkey07
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 F-250 PSD Suspension Lift

I know there are quite a bit of threads already about F-250 lift kits, but I need some advice. I have an 07 F-250 CCSB that's 2wd. I know Fabtech makes a lift kit that's 6" for it but I don't see one anywhere else. I was wanting to lift it and get rid of the factory rake, keep my stock 17" wheels and use 35's, does anyone have any solutions? also I seen pro-comp makes a 6" lift for a F-250 2wd thats an 05, would it fit my 07? If not what differences are there between the 05 and 07 suspension wise? I know I'm prolly gonna get "slaughtered" on here for wanting to lift a 2wd but still curious.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:05 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 102 Likes on 55 Posts
The problem on 2wds is the twin I-beam and alignment bushings can on go so far before their adjustments are maxed out. The solutions, are 1) bend the I-beams, or 2) relocate where the beam attaches to the frame downward (think of relocating the lower control arms on an F150). Then add in that the front of the truck sits lower than a 4wd equivalent, so you need more height to clear the tires you want to fit, probably in the 6" range at least like you're already looking at. If you just wanted to kill the rake, you can put in a 2" kit and adjustable alignment bushings, but you'll still be limited to maybe a 33" tire size.

My guess is you aren't finding a lot of options because it's pretty involved lift to go up 6" on a 2wd, and not a lot of people want to do it, so there's not a lot of money for the manufacturers in it.

A kit of an '05 2wd SD should fit an '07.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:27 AM
bthr22
Senior User
I put a 2" level on my 2000, and the 2wd suspension setup seems pretty identical. The issue I've had, even with just 2" is getting the alignment correct. Even with special bushings, it's not 100% perfect. I have tried looking for individual components to build a lift piece by piece, and for 2wd, the parts just don't seem to be out there among the main suspension companies.

Even just finding the axle pivot brackets is a challenge. There are sellers on ebay that appear to have some custom fabricated brackets, but I don't like the idea of trusting my axle to some company that may or may not have quality pieces. But you would need those, radius arm drop brackets, plus a lower pitman arm, shocks, etc. It can definitely be done, but it will be a very involved process. Your best bet would probably be to invest in the fabtech kit.

As far as removing the rake, the 2" spacers I used got rid of the rake pretty well. Actually the front end sits about 1/2-1" higher than the rear, but that may just be because my rear springs are 14 years old and probably a little saggy. My truck still sits about 3-4" lower than a 4wd truck though, but the stance is much better. Hope you find something useful in this post! Good luck with whichever route you choose!

Old 05-13-2014, 09:05 PM
CountryMonkey07
Junior User
Originally Posted by texastech_diesel
The problem on 2wds is the twin I-beam and alignment bushings can on go so far before their adjustments are maxed out. The solutions, are 1) bend the I-beams, or 2) relocate where the beam attaches to the frame downward (think of relocating the lower control arms on an F150). Then add in that the front of the truck sits lower than a 4wd equivalent, so you need more height to clear the tires you want to fit, probably in the 6" range at least like you're already looking at. If you just wanted to kill the rake, you can put in a 2" kit and adjustable alignment bushings, but you'll still be limited to maybe a 33" tire size.

My guess is you aren't finding a lot of options because it's pretty involved lift to go up 6" on a 2wd, and not a lot of people want to do it, so there's not a lot of money for the manufacturers in it.

A kit of an '05 2wd SD should fit an '07.
Well just was curious if it was only Fabtech that makes a 6" lift for the 2wd's. Is there a rear suspension kit available instead of the blocks? I hear the blocks contribute to axle-wrap and I didn't see that option with Fabtech's lift. So would a 6" suspension lift alone level my truck once it's lifted? It appears I have add-a-leafs in the rear, I don't know if that'll make much difference with the lift kit as far as the rig being level. As it is right now I have 285/70/17 tires which I believe are almost equivelant to 33's, so do you think 35's would fit or will there be trimming involved? I'm going to keep my stock rims. Thanks for your advice.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:11 PM
CountryMonkey07
Junior User
Originally Posted by bthr22
I put a 2" level on my 2000, and the 2wd suspension setup seems pretty identical. The issue I've had, even with just 2" is getting the alignment correct. Even with special bushings, it's not 100% perfect. I have tried looking for individual components to build a lift piece by piece, and for 2wd, the parts just don't seem to be out there among the main suspension companies.

Even just finding the axle pivot brackets is a challenge. There are sellers on ebay that appear to have some custom fabricated brackets, but I don't like the idea of trusting my axle to some company that may or may not have quality pieces. But you would need those, radius arm drop brackets, plus a lower pitman arm, shocks, etc. It can definitely be done, but it will be a very involved process. Your best bet would probably be to invest in the fabtech kit.

As far as removing the rake, the 2" spacers I used got rid of the rake pretty well. Actually the front end sits about 1/2-1" higher than the rear, but that may just be because my rear springs are 14 years old and probably a little saggy. My truck still sits about 3-4" lower than a 4wd truck though, but the stance is much better. Hope you find something useful in this post! Good luck with whichever route you choose!
I thought they made a camber/caster adjustment kit for the 250's. I heard the stock suspension is only adjustable up to 3 degrees max. Do you have add-a-leafs in the back? I wonder how they might come into play with a leveling kit.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:58 PM
bthr22
Senior User
Originally Posted by CountryMonkey07
I thought they made a camber/caster adjustment kit for the 250's. I heard the stock suspension is only adjustable up to 3 degrees max. Do you have add-a-leafs in the back? I wonder how they might come into play with a leveling kit.
As far as I know, they make a dual axis caster/camber bushing that you can order online or through a store. As for a kit, I'm not sure. There are some things you can do to get a little more range of motion like fringing the edges of the knuckle and a couple spots on the axle, but that wasn't necessary for mine.

I don't have any add a leafs in the rear. I was considering it to get the rear leveled with the front, since it sits slightly lower.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:02 PM
bthr22
Senior User
They make a dual axis caster/camber bushing that you can order online or through an auto parts store. I think some come up to +/- 6 degrees. As for an actual alignment kit, I'm not sure. There are some things you can do like grinding the edges of the knuckle and pots on the axle to get more range of motion, but that wasn't necessary on mine.

I don't currently have any add a leafs in the rear. I have been considering doing a 2-3 inch leaf though. My rear sits slightly lower than the front now. But that might just be due to 14 year old leaf springs.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:19 PM
CountryMonkey07
Junior User
They make a dual axis caster/camber bushing that you can order online or through an auto parts store. I think some come up to +/- 6 degrees. As for an actual alignment kit, I'm not sure. There are some things you can do like grinding the edges of the knuckle and pots on the axle to get more range of motion, but that wasn't necessary on mine.

I don't currently have any add a leafs in the rear. I have been considering doing a 2-3 inch leaf though. My rear sits slightly lower than the front now. But that might just be due to 14 year old leaf springs.
Do you think with the add-a-leafs on my truck that after putting a 6in suspension lift that the truck will be level or do you think it might sag?

Old 05-15-2014, 02:53 PM
bthr22
Senior User
I'm not sure how the add a leafs would affect the lift. My best guess is that it will make the rear a little bit higher. From what I understand, add a leafs aren't too difficult to install/uninstall, so you could install the lift and if the rear is too high, pull the add a leafs.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:37 PM
CountryMonkey07
Junior User
I'm not sure how the add a leafs would affect the lift. My best guess is that it will make the rear a little bit higher. From what I understand, add a leafs aren't too difficult to install/uninstall, so you could install the lift and if the rear is too high, pull the add a leafs.
Ok thanks for the advice, I really appreciate everyone's input on this!