Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

I hate this... I'm sorta broken again.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess the bike run I went on yesterday finished the job I started about a week ago. (Lower back muscles).

I'm about as sore as an apprentice landscaper right now, and been layin' low all day. I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those things that just keeps getting worse with age - that would suck. It seems to me there ought to be a way to get over it with physical training, but I'm not home yet and don't have my gym set up like I used to.

I guess it's going to be budweiser and motrin for now...

And taking it easy playing old video games on the computer.

Then again, how many people in their mid forties ride 30 miles on a mountain bike just to bring home a Tee shirt?

It still bites, but at least I know why it was.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:39 PM
theologian
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come see us, when you get back to Tennessee, Wolf, Sarah is getting trained in alternative health care at present - she will be a full fledged healer by the time you get here. Lower back pain is a funny thing - often caused by wrong nutrients in the muscles, so a change of diet can help a lot.

Theo

Old 07-08-2003, 01:49 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

Yeah - I suppose the diet is my own doing. Eating smarter and watching what I drink would be a major improvement.

I don't know how much weight training I can get away with at this stage of the game.

Old 07-11-2003, 09:02 PM
theologian
Postmaster

If you listen to conventional doctors, life ends at 40. BUT, if you get into a strict diet, of things your grandmother would have eaten at your age, in much the same quantities, you will be better off than eating the total junk that passes as food nowadays.

I recently managed to win over the conditions put upon me by malicious actions of others in 1994 - I ended up in a wheelchair for 2½ years, unable to walk, or move properly. I am round about over the consequences of that, heading to a healthy weight, and I fully expect to work out for 3 hours a day minimum. I am doing about 1 hour so far, using an exercise bike, and yoga. I studied marshal arts when younger and am getting back into that also.

I will be weight training when my abdominal fat is lessened - I do not want to strain the internal organ fat so I will wait till it has gone.

So far I am 77 lbs lighter than I was on December 15th 2002, I hope to be another 50 or so by Christmas...... Then I go for the Weight Machines.. I intend to be supple, healthy and active - not bad for fifty***

Theo

Old 07-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

Theo -

I have a lot of gym equipment waiting to be set up. And a sound knowlege of how body building is accomplished both from an esthetic and scientific view.

This includes (but is not limited to) musculo-skeletal dynamics, and physical response to what I would term "Regimented Demand" as opposed to "Over Taxing" the body structure.

You can do what you can do. If you have the time, you can increase it. But 75% of bodybuilding is actually accomplished in the "recovery cycle" - something that takes far more discipline than just going to the weight pile and pumping iron...

You have the cash; do this for me:

Get a copy of Arnold Schwarzennegger's "Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding" and begin reading at page one. It will cost twenty or so dollars, and can be found at most decent booksellers.

DON'T WAIT. Get it ASAP.

But keep this in mind - the routines outlined in it were tailored to an already very large man.

Drop the weights down about ten to twenty percent or more.

Bottom line:

Work with what you can reasonably work with, NOT what someone else thinks.

Old 07-14-2003, 08:35 PM
theologian
Postmaster

I will go tomorrow, and see if I can find the book. I intend fully to exceed the physique I had when I was 30.

I have a slight problem at the moment - I am recovering from adhesive capsulitis, on the right hand side... That HURTS.. but I have gained massive increases in motion, since the 7th.

When we get together, you can give me tips, and such to get this elderly wreck into shape.. I am still totally psyched by the size loss - the weight loss is great, but the size loss is greater - I look younger, fitter and I am told way more menacing which could be considered as a good thing, or bad.

I now fit into a 42 inch waist, and am still decreasing. I am aiming for about a 38, which should be possible - My waist was over 60 for a while. My chest has always been big - I may be able to get that down to 48, until I pad up the muscle again. I am at 51 just now, down from 57 (At last, my gut is smaller than my chest )

Theo

Theo

Old 07-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

I need to get on a diet and stick to it.

An alcohol free one - since there are more empty calories per beverage in common beer and wine than in anything else around.

By empty - I mean totally unredeaming. There are no proteins, no carbohydrates, no fiber, no minerals, no vitamins, no fat, no nothing!

But the excess calories are immediately rendered into fat, which is the bodies natural means of storing against adversity.

Given adequate nutritional inputs, it is therefore the caloric inflow -vs- expenditure everyday that determines whether a given person gains or loses pounds of "Saved Caloric Material", also known as flab...

I've gotten pretty bad about it lately. You can figure a six pack = 6 times two hundred calories = 1200 calories.

The average daily maintenance figure is about 2500 cals per day, so half of it is already in place, but provides nothing of real value.

Yep, I know this stuff. That makes it even worse.

Old 07-16-2003, 08:14 AM
theologian
Postmaster

I haven't had a beer for 7 months.... I only drink near beer anyway, me an alcohol don't get on too well - I can drunk walking past a bar. That is a terrible picture - a drunk monk, weaving in traffic........

Theo

Old 07-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

I honestly need to put an end to it. I noticed especially today while we were moving some pretty heavy stuff that I just don't have what I used to.

And it drives me nuts because I had it once.

I know what it is like to pick up the front or back of a car and just -
Move it.

8 years ago, myself and one other person loaded 3 four hundred pound safes onto a truck when Miramar converted to a USMC base, drove them to the plant property building and hauled them onto the dock.

Afterwards? We went to the gym...

Old 07-16-2003, 06:41 PM
theologian
Postmaster

That is life for you. I am not half the man I was not so long ago. I intend to reverse this trend of decline, or die trying - I always was very fit, very strong, and active - I get crippled for a while and go to hell in a handcart.... I will regain what I lost, or as I said, die trying.

Theo

Old 07-16-2003, 06:44 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

I WILL BE BIGGER THAN EVER.

I can do that - I know how (joints permitting)

Old 07-16-2003, 06:47 PM
theologian
Postmaster

We can fix your joints.... house specialty.

Old 07-16-2003, 08:22 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

Most excellent.
And I can write a power building system that will get you as big as you want to be - genetics permitting.

The fundamentals are understanding why muscles enlarge in the first place. That much is proven science.

Old 07-18-2003, 11:23 AM
theologian
Postmaster

I have been thinking about that for the last couple of days. I think it would be really cool to get to a position where I can get a built up body again. I am built like an athlete, albeit a rather fat one now, but I am coming down rapidly - I will be ready to build muscle when you get to TN to stay.

I am looking forward to it.

Theo

Old 07-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner

Excellent!
I think I'll be looking for some riding spaces for my bike, and some hiking grounds at first. But the basics of mass building also serve to lay a foundation for both of those activeties.