You know you're having a bad day when...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:25 AM
r2millers
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know you're having a bad day when...

Not a good thing! Must have had a wild ride last night in MS.

Lives turned upside after dangerous storm hits RV park - WLOX.com - The News for South Mississippi

Old 04-15-2014, 10:40 AM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,420 Likes on 1,014 Posts
Wow, not a good thing. It appears though that all made it through.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:34 PM
Shogunles
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Especially if you lost your trailer and your ride!
Just another example of how fast your life can change!
I hope the 2 people injured were not hurt too bad.

Old 04-15-2014, 01:37 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW - we JUST missed a storm like that when we were @ Mill Creek for First Monday !!!

Old 04-22-2014, 03:12 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Your awning unfolds while going down the freeway. Not a pretty picture.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Speaking of awnings, both Bob (r2millers) and I watched as a guy pulled his fifth-wheel out of the wooded campground with his awning still out.

We shouted and yelled as we heard it crashing into bushes and small trees, and he eventually stopped to see what all the ruckus was about. He was able to completely fold one strut back, and the other mostly back in with the help of a stepladder. He still left with part of the awning still out.

He left his stepladder still standing in the middle of the campground's roadway......

True story from the second week in January at Pismo (Oceano).

Pop

Old 04-25-2014, 10:39 AM
r2millers
Postmaster

Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Speaking of awnings, both Bob (r2millers) and I watched as a guy pulled his fifth-wheel out of the wooded campground with his awning still out.

We shouted and yelled as we heard it crashing into bushes and small trees, and he eventually stopped to see what all the ruckus was about. He was able to completely fold one strut back, and the other mostly back in with the help of a stepladder. He still left with part of the awning still out.

He left his stepladder still standing in the middle of the campground's roadway......

True story from the second week in January at Pismo (Oceano).

Pop
Yep, not to mention both sides of his trailer looked like he'd been in a demolition derby. The trailer was not very old but pretty torn up.

The campground host thought best to notify the CHP because this old guy probably shouldn't be driving anymore, let alone pulling a 5th wheel, before he killed someone.

By the way, he was using a stepladder because his steps had been ripped off pretty badly when he forgot to put them up and drove off, hitting something.

The guy had to be hard of hearing, not to mention, unable to feel the vibrations when crashing into trees. It took a gal, standing in front of his truck to stop him.

Brave woman at that when she had to move before getting hit.

Old 04-25-2014, 12:35 PM
jdadamsjr
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There in a few years go ALL of us

Old 04-25-2014, 01:40 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 1,001 Posts
Let's HOPE NOT!

Old 04-25-2014, 08:19 PM
defyrftr
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you get to the campground three hours away and go to plug in camper but have no plug.

"Honey did you per chance unplug the camper from the house before we left. I know I didn't."

Old 04-25-2014, 08:48 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
With a new fifth wheel and the ac doesn't work and it is 90 deg. Not fun. And true story and 1200 miles from dealership.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:08 AM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,101 Likes on 1,001 Posts
...when you check the rear view mirror and you CAN see behind you!

Old 05-08-2014, 08:21 PM
crock
Cross-Country
My story

We have been retired for three years and finally decided this is the year. We have an 08 F-350 6.4L SW,4WD CC,LB pulling a 09 Designer 35RLTS about 40 feet long. Started out when I went to fuel up before getting the fifth wheel that I hit a bump pretty hard and the tailgate fell off. I don't know if the latch didn't work or what but that was number one. The tailgate was so heavy I got help from a man across the street. The gate has the step in it so it was heavy and awkward.
2 The air hitch decided not to hold pressure for any amount of time. Fixed the leak, ok.
3 Got to campground in Colorado and the right front tire of the trailer was bald on the outside only. Bent axle according to the Royal Gorge Truck and RV shop Six inches of snow that night We had to pack the trailer back up and take to repair shop for them to take measurements. Took back to campsite for three days waiting for parts. The morning we had to take in for the repair we had 3 inches of snow and of course the slide toppers wouldn't come in. Had to get high on a ladder to brush it off The place that did the work ended up replacing both axle's completely including tires, insurance covered it minus deductible. 2700 dollars!! Plus they didn't properly connect the wiring and had no brakes coming down the mountain the day we were leaving,the next day. Service manager had NO people skills or personality....whew!! Glad to leave that place
4 Headed out to Oklahoma had a blow out at 65mph right on expressway. Hardly any one slows down when passing. By the way the device you drive the good tire up on to install the spare doesn't give enough height to put spare tire on. You need a bottle jack to get the height you need.
5 We get to the panhandle of Florida safely. For the next eight days we are drenched with rain daily and nightly, lots of lightening . Pensicola which was only 50 miles to the west of us got 15 inches of rain in one hour, record breaker. Trailer decided to leak at the aerial and the vent in the bedroom, both right over me. First chance I put caulk around both and thought I had fixed it NOT.
6 In Tennessee we had another blowout on the side of another expressway but this was on the passenger side rear. At least I had practice LOL
7 Oh while we were in Colorado we had to instruct our vet over the phone to put our 15 year old Doberman down as she developed a ruptured spleen and would not have survived the night
8 Our trip was a month long spent a week both in Colorado and Florida ,relatives ya know Well that's how we spent our vacation, can you top that?? I hope not as I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
9 For those that wondered we got about 9.2 MPG over the 5610 trip . Lowest price on fuel was in Colorado at 3.71 and the highest was here in SE Michigan at 4.00 plus

Old 05-08-2014, 09:42 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
I just posted a tale of how my evening went last night.

See:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post14331281

Yea, that's how it went.....

Pop

Old 05-09-2014, 11:48 AM
r2millers
Postmaster

Originally Posted by crock
We have been retired for three years and finally decided this is the year. We have an 08 F-350 6.4L SW,4WD CC,LB pulling a 09 Designer 35RLTS about 40 feet long. Started out when I went to fuel up before getting the fifth wheel that I hit a bump pretty hard and the tailgate fell off. I don't know if the latch didn't work or what but that was number one. The tailgate was so heavy I got help from a man across the street. The gate has the step in it so it was heavy and awkward.
Now that's a first. Never heard of a tailgate falling off!!

You have a latch, two lanyards to secure when down, a safety system requiring the tailgate removal is only at 45*, and a lock to boot.

Maybe you should have stopped right there, knowing you'r one in a million. Bad odds for moving on down the road.

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece. Sorry to hear about your buddy.

Quick Reply: You know you're having a bad day when...