Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

vent smell

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 06:20 PM
taxgod4u
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have you ruled out stuff decomposing in the intake grill? leaves, moss, small mammals?

Old 07-31-2014, 06:34 AM
bartlettjw
New User
Originally Posted by taxgod4u
have you ruled out stuff decomposing in the intake grill? leaves, moss, small mammals?
I've not personally seen anything when looking... or at least the areas that I can inspect. I would hope that a dealer with any level of competence would have ruled that out first though.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:22 PM
bartlettjw
New User
Fixed it.

Traded it on an F250. No more smell.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:50 PM
wildbrook
New User
Manure smell from vents

I have the smell out of my vents also. The dealer put the can of spray in and ran it through the vents to treat the evaporator. Starting to smell it again they said to shut off the air conditioning before I turn off the truck to seal up the evaporator. When the smell gets worse I will have to take it back again. 2012 with 25K on it.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:21 PM
FordServiceCA
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by wildbrook
I have the smell out of my vents also. The dealer put the can of spray in and ran it through the vents to treat the evaporator. Starting to smell it again they said to shut off the air conditioning before I turn off the truck to seal up the evaporator. When the smell gets worse I will have to take it back again. 2012 with 25K on it.
Thanks for reaching out about this, wildbrook. I do suggest getting your truck an appointment with your local dealership. I'll get this escalated to the regional customer service manager for your area; they'll work with the dealer toward reaching a resolution. To get started, I'll need a private message from you with your full name, VIN, servicing dealership, appointment date, and best daytime contact number.

Brittany

Old 09-25-2014, 12:13 PM
kspokefan
New User
Does anyone have a solution to this? I've got a 2012 F250 w/ 26k on it. Started with the last 500 miles. Really don't want to offer rides to anyone, as it's been stated rather embarrassing.

Old 09-25-2014, 12:55 PM
BETCHER78
New User
I have complained about the same thing to my old dealership 5x now. they stated they cant smell a thing. last time I took them out there. started it. turned AC on. and it smelled like cattle crap. The service advisor said well that's the first time we have smelled it. well. it has been doing that for the past 15K miles.
started just under 30K. now truck has almost 46K on it. still same thing, even when heat is on, and AC is on for humidity control.

I do appreciate those from Ford ( on the forums ) trying to help. however it doesn't make the dealership do anything unless a complaint if filed against the dealership. once that is done. they do start to help a little more. even the dealership I sent 7 sales too. really could care less if they fix anything. sales man and a couple more have left for another dealership. which is where I bought my first brand new vehicle. it was their sales dept after the fact that led me away from there. so I never bothered with the service dept. now it was the service that was leading me away from even feeling comfortable sending people there for sales. because I knew how that would go.

Ford might be selling a lot of trucks. however they need to start holding dealerships accountable for service after the fact. I know it can get difficult with warranty type work. however they should switch to another Brand and not force us the CUSTOMER to spend so much time trying to get things taken care of.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:59 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by kspokefan
Does anyone have a solution to this? I've got a 2012 F250 w/ 26k on it. Started with the last 500 miles. Really don't want to offer rides to anyone, as it's been stated rather embarrassing.
Welcome to the forum, kspokefan. Have you had your dealership check this out yet? Let me know and I'll do what I can to assist.

Crystal

Old 09-26-2014, 11:01 PM
kspokefan
New User
I'm coming up on my next service and will have it checked out.

Old 11-05-2014, 06:27 PM
bsmall1521
New User
ME TOO! ME TOO!

I have a 2012 Escape with 51k miles on it and stinks to the high heavens like a cattle farm. I'm not sure what to do!?! Much like everyone else it lasts for a couple minutes and then its gone. Has there been any update about this? I joined just so I could comment on and follow this thread.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by bsmall1521
I have a 2012 Escape with 51k miles on it and stinks to the high heavens like a cattle farm. I'm not sure what to do!?! Much like everyone else it lasts for a couple minutes and then its gone. Has there been any update about this? I joined just so I could comment on and follow this thread.
Welcome to the forum, bsmall1521! Are you experiencing the odor now? If so, I'd recommend making an appointment at your dealership for diagnosis. Be sure to come back here and post your results; once you've been to the dealer, I'll be able to research options to help.

Crystal

Old 11-06-2014, 08:32 AM
bsmall1521
New User
Common problem

Seeing how there have been so many complaints, is this a known problem with Ford? Are they doing anything to help rectify the situation or is this gonna fall back on me to pay for? Have there been any service bulletins issued?

Old 11-06-2014, 09:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by bsmall1521
Seeing how there have been so many complaints, is this a known problem with Ford? Are they doing anything to help rectify the situation or is this gonna fall back on me to pay for? Have there been any service bulletins issued?
Hi bsmall1521,

Since I'm not a technician, I don't have access to things like repair histories or service bulletins. Your dealership's service manager will be in the best position to answer you questions and let you know if a repair can be made under warranty.

Crystal

Old 11-16-2014, 08:59 AM
mtnrcr
New User
Same thing here

I complained about this same smell in my truck 1 week after picking it up. dealer said put coffee grinds inside cab on plate for a day and smell will go away. Well that didn't work. Still have smell 18 months later. truck is 2013 F-150 Lariat. There has to be something wrong with the HVAC system inside these things. Ford needs to step up and figure this out

Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep
Originally Posted by mtnrcr
I complained about this same smell in my truck 1 week after picking it up. dealer said put coffee grinds inside cab on plate for a day and smell will go away. Well that didn't work. Still have smell 18 months later. truck is 2013 F-150 Lariat. There has to be something wrong with the HVAC system inside these things. Ford needs to step up and figure this out
Welcome to the forum, mtnrcr. Have you returned to your dealership to let them know the odor is still present? What's the current mileage on your truck? I'll look into some options.

Crystal

Quick Reply: vent smell