Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-25-2014, 09:38 PM
4x4falcon
Senior User
Short answer.

Yes.

I bought my 7.3 idi, gearbox and tcase from them in Brisbane.

Depends on who you deal with there as to the level of their knowledge about F-Trucks

Old 04-26-2014, 03:26 AM
Fraree
Senior User
Lightbulb

The only disappointment with right hand drive Effy's is the lack of foot room on the now drivers side (damn exhaust down the the firewall).
New dual cab Tojos are over $100k & only have load capacity of 300kg unless you upgrade rear springs or turn it into a six wheeler.
One of the local mechanics from the toyota dealership pulled me aside a while back & warned me off buying a new V8 tojo, said they're a can of worms. Glad he did

Old 04-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Ninja380
Freshman User
thanks again

Hey guys,

Thanks again for all the replies,

Still hunting around, I really see what you mean paying more for one with lower kms and tasteful mods.

And yes still got pressure from the missus to buy a ranger or hilux. (did I mention she wants a pajero)

Old 09-21-2014, 04:45 AM
Ninja380
Freshman User
Hey guys,

Thank you to the members who i have PMed, I am more knowledgeable than 12months ago.

I missed out on the F250 i really wanted (see previos posts)

SO here are my current 4 favorites

2003 Ford F250 XLT

2002 Ford F250 XLT extra cab 4x4 ute | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Gold Coast North - Runaway Bay | 1055692746

Ford f250 xlt crewcab 4x4 | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Wanneroo Area - Yanchep | 1054872107

2002 Ford F250 XLT

any buying advice will be awesome

Old 09-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

The last one is my fav,mainly because of it being a crew cab,ive got a super cab,ive kicked myself ever since for not getting a crew cab
and looking at the engine bay it hasn't been modded yet so good chance it hasn't been flogged/stressed out,you can start off fresh and with help from here you can put the right stuff on it and do it properly ..
211000 k's is nothing for a 7.3,tranny been done so the drive train is sweet for a long time and bit over $50,000 that's ripper price for a Black crew cab,for you,not so good for me,means that my truck aint worth what it use to be

Black and crew cab you cant go wrong

Old 09-21-2014, 06:56 PM
Blue7.3
Posting Guru
I guess the pick of the bunch is the last one listed especially being a dual cab.
HD Transmission is a great improvement as well , just check those CAC boots look like a bit of oil on the right one but they are the originals.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:59 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Agree with Bryan on the crew crab bit. Also its a six seater. The engine bay has been cleaned, you can see left over dust that has stuck to the oil. I would like to pull the intake tube on the turbo and look for signs of dusting. Also check out the condition of the air filter. Check for black soot at the back of the turbo, In particular the up pipes that feed into the back of the turbo.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
Agree with Bryan on the crew crab bit. Also its a six seater. The engine bay has been cleaned, you can see left over dust that has stuck to the oil. I would like to pull the intake tube on the turbo and look for signs of dusting. Also check out the condition of the air filter. Check for black soot at the back of the turbo, In particular the up pipes that feed into the back of the turbo.
I tink he'll be replacing a fair bit stuff on the donk me ol mate,but hey aint that the fun bit...:-)

Old 09-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
Soot on the firewall will tell the tale ninja.
But that will be up pipes for sure not a major thing..
I tink he'll be replacing a fair bit stuff on the donk me ol mate,but hey aint that the fun bit...:-)

Old 09-23-2014, 03:19 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Originally Posted by Nkelly
Soot on the firewall will tell the tale ninja.
But that will be up pipes for sure not a major thing..
still if the engine has been dusted I wouldnt touch it

Old 09-23-2014, 04:50 AM
Ninja380
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Nkelly
The last one is my fav,mainly because of it being a crew cab,ive got a super cab,ive kicked myself ever since for not getting a crew cab
and looking at the engine bay it hasn't been modded yet so good chance it hasn't been flogged/stressed out,you can start off fresh and with help from here you can put the right stuff on it and do it properly ..
211000 k's is nothing for a 7.3,tranny been done so the drive train is sweet for a long time and bit over $50,000 that's ripper price for a Black crew cab,for you,not so good for me,means that my truck aint worth what it use to be

Black and crew cab you cant go wrong
They all seem to be coming down, I guess the increase in cost of fuel and the newer jap models are getting better each year.

I Tried email the guy in WA, im interested to find out more about gass injection, How would it hold up on corrugations or other off road use?

I found one with gas closer to home

2004 Ford F250 XLT

I will admit I was looking for a SWB super cab but they are rare over here. so the next was a LWB super cab. they seem to have the same amount of room as a jap dual cab anyway.

does the longer wheel base limit offloading

the big black super cab is just up the road from my place, so im keen to have a look after work one day this week.

Old 09-23-2014, 04:39 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Get a Crew Cab if you can. I had a super cab in the last truck, and fine for kids in the back, but thats it. I probably would have kept it apart from it being a Super Cab. The Crew Cabs hold their value much more.

They only sold Crew Cab short beds, and Super Cab long beds and Reg Cab long beds in Oz, so the Crew Cabs have a 2" shorter wheelbase and overall length than the Super Cab models.
I find the longer wheelbase and wider track of these helps a lot offroad in comparison to the Japanese vehicles, much more stable climbing and on side slopes. Just have to do a 3 point turn here or there...

I think that vid is a user on here too.

I wouldn't touch gas injection with a 50ft pole.

Old 09-24-2014, 03:44 AM
4x4falcon
Senior User
I've got gas injection on the Maverick 4.2l turbo diesel.

With the gas on it gets about 12.5l/100km.

Without gas it gets about 14.5l/100km.

Power is up by 10% with gas on.

Currently set to use 30lts gas for 140lts diesel. It can be increased by changing the jet. This gives upto 30% increase in power compared without gas, checked on dyno, but uses 60lts gas for 140lts diesel.

I was looking at putting it on Effii but all from what I've seen makes little or no diference on a N/A engine.

if you get one with gas get it dynotuned straight away. Get them to tune it correctly without gas and then check the tune with the gas on.

Mine had not been tuned for at least 3 years when I bought it and increase in power was 10% after tune with out gas (64kW->70kW). Likewise with gas 72kW->77->kW. These are at the wheels.

Quick Reply: Hey All