What's everyone been up to?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 04:24 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's everyone been up to?

What's all the hoo-ha???

I was just curious what everyone has been up to. Truck/Ford projects? Any other projects?

For me, I was out of work for a while last year so I have been working since Aug and just trying to get things normal again. I am still working on the truck. After I finished some of the larger upgrades, I have moved on to the smaller things like fixing squeaks and rattles.

I also went up to Woodland Park and bought my water/meth injection kit. I plan on putting the truck in the garage to do some work and at the same time I'll install this system. I have got to admit though, I am a bit scared. There are times now (without the water/meth installed) that the truck scares me. Here's the kit - imgur: the simple image sharer

I am also thinking of what I want to do in the summer with my truck. I'd like to go to some of the car shows in Denver. Aside from that, still looking for a place to hang with people and the truck.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:51 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It has been a busy year for me, more responsibility at work, changes at home. Past doing some major clean-out, and sprucing up the place, I'm looking forward to the 10th anniversary for the RMFTC Saxon Road (Adopt-a-Road) cleanup.

Maybe I'll go camping in August...

Old 04-05-2014, 11:09 AM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Hypoid
It has been a busy year for me, more responsibility at work, changes at home. Past doing some major clean-out, and sprucing up the place, I'm looking forward to the 10th anniversary for the RMFTC Saxon Road (Adopt-a-Road) cleanup.

Maybe I'll go camping in August...
Will you post a link for the event? I'm interested depending on the date, others might be interested too. I hadn't heard of this before. I did find a link but it was from the 2011 event.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:23 PM
asphaltburner
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just like Hypoid, lots of projects,...unfortunately not enough time for ones on the F100! I'll get there though,...
Todd.

Old 05-13-2014, 11:09 AM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Been a bit chaotic for me - but finally starting to mellow out.
Did a dyno earlier this year, new turbo + tuning has me 605tq/312hp now on stock 7.3 injectors and trans.
Future upgrades short of the new up-pipes are on hold now. Just bought the wife a 2000 Jeep Wrangler for a Mother's day present. So I'll be starting some upgrades on that since it'll be cheaper :P

Old 05-13-2014, 01:38 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by AzPatMan
Been a bit chaotic for me - but finally starting to mellow out.
Did a dyno earlier this year, new turbo + tuning has me 605tq/312hp now on stock 7.3 injectors and trans.
Future upgrades short of the new up-pipes are on hold now. Just bought the wife a 2000 Jeep Wrangler for a Mother's day present. So I'll be starting some upgrades on that since it'll be cheaper :P
That seems like a big mismatch between the amount of torque and HP you have. Is that typical of a diesel motor? Most gas motors I see have it where the HP is slightly less than the torque. Ideally it should be the torque just higher than the HP but what you have is a large difference between the two.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:56 PM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Nope, that's about right for the 7.3 motors. They were always a torque motor.
Not to mention - my peak RPM is only 3000rpm

Old 05-13-2014, 02:04 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Here's what I am planning on doing very soon:
  • need to have some exhaust work done (hopefully this week)
  • Need to work on my tune a little
  • Turn on the water/meth and adjust the tune more
  • dyno

I have really just been waiting to do the exhaust work before I can proceed so I am hoping it goes faster after I get that done.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:56 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Also, Pat, on your recommendation I took out the LEDs I had in my brake/tail light and put the stock bulb back in. The LEDs just weren't bright enough and I didn't want someone slamming into the back of me because of that.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:27 AM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Good idea.
Wait until you see what I've got in store LED wise

Old 05-15-2014, 01:08 AM
cman1120
Senior User
I've had a rather chaotic life with the last couple months with getting a job and trying to graduate. Finally got my 3G swap complete and will be installing a shift kit and some cab lights in the near future I hope.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:08 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RIKIL
Here's what I am planning on doing very soon:
need to have some exhaust work done (hopefully this week)

Done. And I am very happy with the results. It's a little louder but not obnoxious.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:26 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Will you post a link for the event? I'm interested depending on the date, others might be interested too. I hadn't heard of this before. I did find a link but it was from the 2011 event.
Short notice, but our first date is for Sunday July 20th. Let me know if you want to come out for the day.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:46 PM
RIKIL
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Hypoid
Short notice, but our first date is for Sunday July 20th. Let me know if you want to come out for the day.
Can you tell me anything more about this? I have no idea where it is or how long it goes for on that day. Also, what goes on there (wondering if I need to bring anything)?

Old 07-10-2014, 10:32 AM
AzPatMan
Elder User
Can you tell me anything more about this? I have no idea where it is or how long it goes for on that day. Also, what goes on there (wondering if I need to bring anything)?
Indeed - I know I won't be able to make that.
I'll be at Bandimere for NHRA.

Quick Reply: What's everyone been up to?