Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Northern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Northern Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2014, 03:53 AM
Elder User

rockittsled is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ca BAR sticker info

I bought my F250 in north FL and had been told it came from CA. the truck DSO says it was sold in WA. While it was in CA, it apparently had a 360 swapped in with a BAR sticker on the door jamb under the Ford cert decal. Is there a link so that I could find out the info about the swap and what the codes are on the BAR sticker?
Old 03-28-2014, 12:25 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
I know of no such link. Wouldn't know why they would need a BAR sticker for an engine swap either.

Jim
Old 03-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Elder User

for a while in the 80's and 90's, when you replaced an engine, you needed a Ref Station to approve the swap. this didn't necessarily apply to rebuilding the engine, presumably back to stock
Old 03-28-2014, 03:16 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Interesting. Learn something new every day.

Jim
Old 03-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Elder User

I was born in Cali in Lancaster and raised at Castle AFB from 67-70 + 75-82 and stationed at Beale AFB then lived in Lancaster, Indio, Acton, + Long Beach while working at McDonnell Douglas. Sometimes I miss Ca, then I watch the news
Old 03-28-2014, 06:44 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

My maternal grandfather worked at Mc Donnell Douglas most of his life.

Jim
Old 03-28-2014, 09:50 PM
Elder User

I worked an out-of-position crew on the East and West Ramps on the MD-11 in 90-92
Old 03-28-2014, 10:13 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

I have no clue what my grandfather worked on, he died when I was 10-11 years old, and that was 45 years ago.

Jim
Old 03-29-2014, 12:17 PM
Elder User

My sympathies, my grandfather worked for North American and Rockwell. Ah, the stories we could have heard.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Postmaster

04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold04badford is a splendid one to behold
About BAR
CA state Inspection and smog ,your truck while in CA might have been what they call a gross poluter , so the Owner moved or sold the truck to a buyer the sticker could be from that ,does it have a year or number? I don't know much more but the link, you can read up or call DMV. knowing Cali4nya they will charge for such Info.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:32 PM