6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Instagram Logo in top right

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 09:45 AM
XXLTexan
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Instagram Logo in top right

Hey y'all i searched the search bar and came up with squat. When I look at the top right of my post right next to the post counter, there is an Instagram logo. I have Instagram and a youtube channel (and DTR,TDR,AR-15.com,GlockTalk.com,) all the same name. When I click on it it says "cannot connect". It' cool if y'all look at my Instagram but its my personal one(mainly kids stuff) not business(pew,pew,pew) so I don't know how interesting anyone would find it but would solve the picture posting problem very easily and handily. Someone please shed some light? Thanks!

Old 03-22-2014, 01:04 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Instagram's http side (website side) used to take @username ... now it only wants username without the at-sign "@". Just pull that off (ya I know outside of our control as mere end users of the forum software). Also you're a private user now so I can't see any of your posts anymore. But yeah you could link directly to instagram pics no problem if you wanted to use that to do inline images in your posts (link directly to the image, not the page that shows the image). You just have to deal with the fact that they only want the pictures to be square and like 650x650 pixels.

So when you fill out your profile, fill it out WITHOUT the "@" - you're not tagging yourself in a pic. Just a link to your page. Or if you just plain don't want the link, clear the field and leave it blank. Then you won't have an Instagram icon on your posts.

To be honest... I'm not a huge fan of Instagram. However when I post pictures of my truck apparently they go viral on that service and all the truck pages on there repost my truck lol so ... that's how to be cool and famous on the internet I guess now eh?

Old 03-22-2014, 04:31 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Trent, maybe you can get royalties to finance future upgrades?

Old 03-22-2014, 05:54 PM
XXLTexan
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EO2SeaBee
Trent, maybe you can get royalties to finance future upgrades?
Hey Trent thanks for taking the time to answer the question. Now it's searchable too thanks again. It's funny you say that about the diesel sites on IG because the same trucks get"famous" on different IG pages with no owner info. I swear I have seen your truck before online...don't remember if it was on IG but funny you mention that!

Old 03-22-2014, 08:38 PM
TRENT310
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah pics of my truck (usually the same ones I post in the 1-page thread) go everywhere on Instagram it seems.

You know how it works, once you put something on the internet you're gonna have a hard time trying to take it off once it's spread everywhere. I bet other people take credit for my truck or they claim it's theirs or whatever... I'm not gonna loose sleep over that though.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:52 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
There's an old saying something along the lines of: "Imitation is the sincerest kind of flattery". That may not be the exact saying, but it's relatively close. You should definitely take it as a compliment when others try to rip off your vision for themselves.