1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Plumbing my 8BA's dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:03 PM
tinman52
Welder User

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
What's coincidental is I dropped off the 7' pipes to the rear back at my buddy's shop so he can bend them up over the rear axle and back down. A hump if you will. Some of my trucks do border on 'rat rod'. But I tend to add springs for more carrying capacity, rather than lower them (never understood that one). Never painted any vehicle flat black, never had red wheels (ok rustoleum primer), never owned anything with wide white walls (or any white walls). Never added door art for a shop that didn't exist..... I have been using 'found parts' to keep stuff on the road for 40 years now, and I'm thinking that's about 25 years before some 'dude' coined the phrase rat rod. I'm not about to change the way I fix trucks just because certain aspects of what I do resemble a current fad. I'm not a rat rodder, in fact just tonight I found out I'm a 'plugger'...
Amen brother........do it the way YOU want it! As long as you are having fun, that's all that matters.

I'm having more fun building my COE "lowbuck" than any other build I've ever done.......and call it whatever you like, I don't care.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:47 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Here is the completed exhaust except I plan to trim it to length once the script stakebed is installed. Oh, and after the picture was taken I installed a pair of heavy rubber hangers at the rear of the frame. Finished the brakes last night and now, according to the local sherrif, I can drive it on the road. According to him, it doesn't need headlights, tail lights or brake lights, as long as I drive it in daylight hours use the proper hand signals. I do think I will get a registration and some kind of insurance before I take the 12 mile trip to town.....

Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2014, 12:35 PM
rustyrelic
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
What's coincidental is I dropped off the 7' pipes to the rear back at my buddy's shop so he can bend them up over the rear axle and back down. A hump if you will. Some of my trucks do border on 'rat rod'. But I tend to add springs for more carrying capacity, rather than lower them (never understood that one). Never painted any vehicle flat black, never had red wheels (ok rustoleum primer), never owned anything with wide white walls (or any white walls). Never added door art for a shop that didn't exist..... I have been using 'found parts' to keep stuff on the road for 40 years now, and I'm thinking that's about 25 years before some 'dude' coined the phrase rat rod. I'm not about to change the way I fix trucks just because certain aspects of what I do resemble a current fad. I'm not a rat rodder, in fact just tonight I found out I'm a 'plugger'...
Well said GB, I like your style keep up the good work.
I enjoy your posts and thanks for the video.