Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 PM
Freshman User

Fabbed5.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
DIY Raptor Spray in Bed Liner and LED Bed lighting (PICS)

If anyone here is looking into a spray in bed liner then I would really suggest looking into the U-Pol Rapter bed liner. After researching it and seeing all of the jeep guys love it and put it thru all kinds of abuse, I figured its good for me. The hardest part was sanding the bed all down. Now on to the pics

I started off by removing the bed liner and found a hole lot of **** under there. Mostly leaves and mold from the water but also found some rust spots.

I cleaned and scrubbed the whole inside with simple green and got all of the crap out.

After that I sanded the whole bed down and hit all the areas with primer where I went thru to bare metal.

I masked everything off and put a tent up because the leaves were falling like crazy.

I sprayed the whole thing with raptor bed liner and this pic is immediately after I got done. you can see its looks a little uneven but after it drys it is all uniform finish.

After the coating dried I installed two 24in led strip lights under the bed rail

Old 02-01-2014, 11:07 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Now we just WAIT for time to pass to see how good it is. ALL bedlining looks GREAT right after it is first done..... retake photos in a year.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 02-01-2014, 04:48 PM
Freshman User

Fabbed5.0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
^^^ Im not worried, Ive seen what the Jeep crowd does to this coating and there 10 times harder on it then I will be.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:24 PM
New User

JEB63 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks good, nice job.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:24 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners