Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM
New User

MRMlandscapingDE is starting off with a positive reputation.
Front end shake/steering wheel play/ Death wobble

I have a 2010 f 350 with about 85k. I've replaced all tie rod ends, drag link, tried a aftermarket track bar (hated it), stock track bar back on, new track bar bushing, new track bar ball joint, new tires, full alignment (multiple checks). Had a rancho dual shock stabilizer kit and blew out both shocks after a year. It worked great till they blew out.

The truck has had a few months here and there where it worked great after each repair. It is a full time daily driver and part time work truck. I usually only use this truck to pull my dump trailer which weighs up to about 8k.

It seems as if my wheel has about 2-3 inches of play before the wheels react. If I'm going about 35 and hit a bump I shake for about 5 seconds (a slight death wobble). I'm thinking the steering box needs adjusting???

The tie rods all feel tight to me. I have a 250 with zero issues to compare to.

My mechanic told my not to use a new dual shock stabilizer because it covers real issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! If I cant resolve this I'm going to trade it in! Thank you in advance.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.4L Power Stroke Diesel