Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Senior User

troverman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Install Dual Zone Climate Control in 2012 XLT?

I have a '12 XLT and I'd like to dress up the cab to make it look a bit more like a Lariat. Can the fancier auto climate control panel replace the standard manual panel on the dash? Will it work? Are the plugs the same, etc. I'm guessing the XLT manual system has the same heater box as the Lariat auto system. It's not really manual, everything is servo controlled. Any thoughts? Also, can I replaced the gray plastic panels on the dash center stack with the woodgrain ones? Where could I get the part? What else could be done?
2012 Ford F-250 XLT Crew Cab 4x4 6.2L V8, 18" alloys, manual locking hubs, 3.73 with locker. Retrofitted factory navi, audio amp, roof antenna, full-function leather steering wheel, autolamp, remote start, Sync system, auto climate control, auto-dimming mirror.
1999 Harley-Davidson Road King Classic, 88ci EFI Stage 2
Old 01-12-2014, 03:32 PM
Junior User

cpufed is starting off with a positive reputation.
I replaced the manual climate control module on my 2011 F350 with the auto climate control module. Everything fit perfectly including the plug and everything works except the dual control option. But I didn't really need that anyway.
Old 01-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Elder User

Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.
Really?? I have been wanting to do this as well, but I want the BASIC lariat config, which looks like this one. CPUFED, where did you get your module from?

Click the image to open in full size.

This is what I want to switch to.

Click the image to open in full size.

-2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE 2.0 Super Fuel Economy Package Race Red-No Upgrades yet
Old 01-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Posting Guru

edjunior is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The reason the dual option does not work is because you only have a single blend door instead of two for the two zones. But that is interesting cpufed...so the temperature setting works? That is pretty cool (and/or warm)!
Airlift Wireless Remote to pump 'em up

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Senior User

Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I found this on eBay for myself, in order to replace my existing. It has a little depression in it from I do not know what! Ask my kids, they will probably tell you! Anyway, I was going to buy it until I saw the price and the amount of items that must be removed in the truck for this to be installed. I will live with the depression.

Anyway I had it saved, so here you go. Glad it can help someone out.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:53 PM
Junior User

I found the module on ebay without heated/cooled seats which is what I needed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps9cf1b3d5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...psed078bcd.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ps4ab07962.jpg
Old 01-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Elder User

Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.Tofan has a great reputation on FTE.
Man!!! This is getting me pumped, I was thinking that it was gonna be in the 1000s to have this added. How much did you find yours for CPUFED?

-2012 Ford Focus Sedan SE 2.0 Super Fuel Economy Package Race Red-No Upgrades yet
Old 01-12-2014, 05:18 PM
Junior User

I got it for $170 on ebay. It was from a salvaged 2011 F250 Lariat I believe. The swap took about 30 minutes is all. Very easy to do.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Elder User

Ah ok. I am trying to look for the part number now! So everything else works except for the dual zone? Like you can control hot and cold? Does the Auto button work by chance?

Old 01-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Junior User

Yes, everything works including the heated mirrors and auto but will only use the temperature selected by the driver or passenger, not both because of the single blend door. Part # ATC,DUAL ZONE,BC3T-18C612-AH*
Old 01-12-2014, 06:04 PM
Elder User

WOW. You will not believe it, but I just found one on Amazon with the heated seats function. It was the last one and apparently came out of a used Lariat with 6200 miles, and is on the way Man. You are awesome cpufed, I would rep you more if I could, but I can't.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:26 AM
Senior User

Wow, I guess I was a little slow on this! Now apparently they are all gone! I don't care about the dual climate function either, just mainly wanted the appearance.
2012 Ford F-250 XLT Crew Cab 4x4 6.2L V8, 18" alloys, manual locking hubs, 3.73 with locker. Retrofitted factory navi, audio amp, roof antenna, full-function leather steering wheel, autolamp, remote start, Sync system, auto climate control, auto-dimming mirror.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 AM
Senior User

Does anyone have a part number for the auto climate control? I really would like one which is the basic auto as shown in the above pics, no heated seats. Trofan, what did yours cost? Cpufed, did you have to remove the bezel that surrounds the radio, vents, etc? I'm thinking of also adding the woodgrain bezel at the same time. Somebody find me one!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:26 AM
Senior User

I found the standard Lariat woodgrain dash bezel on eBay for $95, so I bought it. Not as fancy as what shogunles posted, but still nicer than what I have. I really need the auto climate control, and I want it without the heated / cooled seats function. I also would like to eventually upgrade to the stock OEM nav stereo; anyone have one they want to sell?
Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM
Senior User

Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Shogunles is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
I found the standard Lariat woodgrain dash bezel on eBay for $95, so I bought it. Not as fancy as what shogunles posted, but still nicer than what I have. I really need the auto climate control, and I want it without the heated / cooled seats function. I also would like to eventually upgrade to the stock OEM nav stereo; anyone have one they want to sell?

Did they have anymore left. I would have bought it. But not for $200. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty