Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
It really looks great! Glad to be able to help.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Posting Guru

firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.firstrider is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How about this ?
Attached Images

1994 Dodge Ram Van ( the work truck ) ,1993 Dakota w/ 44k mi.,1952 F-1 the 1ST-RIDE ,23 T-Roadster w/ 426 wedge bored to 440 (85 % done ) ,1952 F-1 stock (under const) "Those of you who think you know it all are really annoying to those of us who do " Mark Donahue or Roger Penske Indy '71
Old 12-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Elder User

ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.ChuckRob has a very good reputation on FTE.
I think that one of the most interesting things about doing the bed wood was in the research. Before I started I read just about every post on this form that mentioned bed wood. I came to the following conclusion, no two guys on this form did exactly the same thing. Some used pine, red oak, white oak, walnut or whatever. Some used solid wood, some plywood. Some used spar varnish (all different brands), urethane, paint and clear coat. Some like painted strips, or stainless with bolts or stainless with hidden fastners or even aluminum strips of different designs. I guess that bed wood is like an artist putting his signature on his work of art. They all look cool but their all different.

What Toy Should I Play With Today
Still A Kid After All These Years.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:00 PM
Posting Guru

topmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to beholdtopmoo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckRob View Post
I think that one of the most interesting things about doing the bed wood was in the research. Before I started I read just about every post on this form that mentioned bed wood. I came to the following conclusion, no two guys on this form did exactly the same thing. Some used pine, red oak, white oak, walnut or whatever. Some used solid wood, some plywood. Some used spar varnish (all different brands), urethane, paint and clear coat. Some like painted strips, or stainless with bolts or stainless with hidden fastners or even aluminum strips of different designs. I guess that bed wood is like an artist putting his signature on his work of art. They all look cool but their all different.
Not only the bed wood, but pretty much everything else too. Each truck is different in some way just like each owner is different. I never did like arbitrary labels (like darksider or traditionalists) and cram everybody into them. BTW, your bed looks great.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:33 AM
Senior User

Peter Bird is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Peter Bird is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
hugh.ness
I've yet to tackle my bed, but just discovered the other day when I got under there, the floor is a one piece thing, made of plywood or some such similar thing, and pretty much rotted. Problem I have is that they have welded the tailgate up, I guess when you are refitting the boards you would just normally slide them along with the tailgate open. I think I am stuck with a one piece thing.
Your bed came up really well.
It opened my eyes when you guys mentioned the continuous maintenance required. Makes sense when you think about it.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:33 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks